PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin DVD

ozbeat
02-12-2007, 02:00 AM
I just got the Zeppelin DVD, it really is a fantastic document of the band. Judging from that they were at their peak around 73-75, those were really fantastic performances.
Knebworth in '79 -looks like Jimi and Robert were showing the excesses of being a rock star - both looked like they have aged quite a bit and Jimi looks really thin!

G3TTH3L3DOUT
02-15-2007, 06:30 AM
The band were definitely down a bit in 79, but reports show as a whole they were looking like they were on their way up again. Robert was feeling good again after his son Karac's death, and he had been the reason the band was not able to tour much in the late 70s. However, Jimmy was still addicted to heroin at that point, so who's to know what really would have happened.

ozbeat
02-15-2007, 03:30 PM
The band were definitely down a bit in 79, but reports show as a whole they were looking like they were on their way up again. Robert was feeling good again after his son Karac's death, and he had been the reason the band was not able to tour much in the late 70s. However, Jimmy was still addicted to heroin at that point, so who's to know what really would have happened.
They just didnt look as physically well as they did in earlier performances.......the years had taken their toll.

My favourite performance is In My time of dying........Jimi playing slide is fantastic!

infidel
02-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I have full videos of both shows and yes, while the years (and drugs, and groupies, etc.) took their toll, they seemed to me to be on an upward path. Both shows are very well played, IMHO (though I know people who are way into the earlier shows who disagree) with August 4 being the superior performance. I think if Bonham hadn't died and Jimmy got off the smack they could have made the 80s MUCH more interesting. Supposedly Bonham and Page were planning to make the next album much harder and a return to their roots.

crackedactor
02-15-2007, 05:08 PM
too many drugs....but it didnt effect their playing the DVD is awesome

BY TOR
03-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I have watched a fair few concert dvds in the past few years but this dvd is a masterpiece
The royal albert hall concert if worth the price alone
5 and half hours of not stop rock
BRILLIANT :thumbsup: