PDA

View Full Version : Reunion Concert on DVD?

Lynch
06-29-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up here somewhere, but I'm too lazy at the moment to do a search.

Is there any word on the Zepp reunion concert from a few months ago coming to DVD? I'm not talking about rumors, cuz fanboys will rumor this one to death, but actual press release-type info saying that it's coming on such and such date or it's being discussed.

That 70s Guy
06-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah I remember starting a topic that the show was indeed videotaped for dvd.

Deja Vu
06-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Wikipedia says that Jimmy Page said that "It was recorded, but we didn't go in with the express purpose of making a DVD to come out at Christmas, or whatever. We haven't seen the images or investigated the multitracks. It's feasible that it might come out at some distant point, but it'll be a massive job to embark on."

Sounds like it will be quite a while to me...

Lynch
06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey, it can take a few years for all I care, I'd just like to see it at some point.

I know that I read both before and after the concert that Zepp's lawyers and promoters and promoter's lawyers pretty much contacted every major video-related site on the internet and said that if they got ahold of any evidence at all that any video footage had leaked to their vid sites (ala hand held cams, vid phones, etc), that they'd be sued to the fullest extent.

I'm sure something somewhere must have leaked, but I certainly never found anything. The only audio I had heard was stuff on a local classic rock station the following day, and that was the only day that they played anything from it.

Deja Vu
06-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Well most of the concert is still available on Youtube. I'm sure it's on torrent sites too.