PDA

View Full Version : I vs IV

TheFloyd
06-15-2005, 05:43 PM
This is for ilast, who I happen to disagree with:D

I pick IV, most certainly, because for me, it's IV's 6 songs I like vs. I's uno!:phones:

Bloomfield Is God
06-15-2005, 06:09 PM
i like I better. i dig the bluesier sound.

Dusty Chalk
06-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I

ieatrocks
06-15-2005, 09:13 PM

same here.

Runtfan
06-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I like IV a whole lot more than I.

Music Director
06-15-2005, 10:22 PM
IV for me. It's their best IMO.

MuffinMan
06-15-2005, 10:51 PM
IV is my fav aswell

FoulSanctity
06-16-2005, 02:14 PM
IV, though not by much

zeppboy
06-16-2005, 04:51 PM
IV

Deja Vu
06-16-2005, 05:09 PM
I has one of the best sounds ever, but IV has many of the best songs ever. Eh it doesn't matter at all since I love all the songs on both albums. :D

That 70s Guy
06-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Iv

Noodlez
06-16-2005, 10:42 PM
I ez

ilash
06-17-2005, 04:26 AM
IV is simply one of the most overrated albums of all time, in my honest opinion. It has Stairway and Black Dog and Rock and Roll are great too but it also has TRASH like Misty Mountain Hop, Battle For Evermore and Four Sticks. Zep simply never got better than on their debut (though I really do like Zep III almost as much, even if it is much weaker).

alex
06-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Can't agree with that IV is one of the greatest albums of the 70s......I is just brilliant IV is Stellar...:phones:

Deja Vu
06-17-2005, 02:06 PM
IV is simply one of the most overrated albums of all time, in my honest opinion. It has Stairway and Black Dog and Rock and Roll are great too but it also has TRASH like Misty Mountain Hop, Battle For Evermore and Four Sticks. Zep simply never got better than on their debut (though I really do like Zep III almost as much, even if it is much weaker).

Misty Mountain Hop, The Battle of Evermore, and Four Sticks are 3 of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs. If not for the spectacular greatness of The Battle of Evermore, I might not even listen to music right now. :D

FoulSanctity
06-17-2005, 03:05 PM

Misty Mountain Hop, The Battle of Evermore, and Four Sticks are 3 of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs. If not for the spectacular greatness of The Battle of Evermore, I might not even listen to music right now. :DI'll have to concur that Battle of Evermore is pretty darn spectacular.

Wco73119
06-17-2005, 04:05 PM
I have always liked the their first album great blues and rock. They have always done their best work in blues style just look at Since I've Been Loving You.

cooperfan
06-17-2005, 09:29 PM
I suppose I'd have to pick Led Zeppelin I.

ilash
06-20-2005, 04:21 AM
How is Evermore spectacular? Shouldn't a spectacular song actually have, like, an actual melody? To me it just sounds like the thing has no structure and is driven by some random acoustic guitar plucking and some truly horrid singing. And it's four and a half minutes too long too!

FredHampton
06-20-2005, 04:33 AM

Same.
Their only flawless album, in my opinion. Maybe HOTH as weel. I'd have to give another listen.

But definitely Zepp I.

Rollingstone
06-20-2005, 08:14 AM
I sounds more raw and bluesier to me.

disraelimoon
06-23-2005, 03:24 AM
I was a helluva a way to start, but IV is IV.

Beatle_Lover86
07-04-2005, 12:19 AM
IV, for sure. I has some great songs though too.

ReTro_Girl
07-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Although IV is a true classic album, I have to go with I too for the raw bluesy sound. Since I am a big blues fan, it appeals to me more.

Todd
07-11-2005, 11:33 PM
I am new to Zeppelin (don't laugh), but I have heard these two albums enough to say that it's a close call. My vote goes to their first album. I love the way the album starts... the first two tracks are two of my favorites. Besides, while I am new to Led Zeppelin, I am definitely NOT new to "Stairway to Heaven", "Black Dog", and "Rock and Roll". Frankly, I skip over them whenever I listen to IV nowadays.

P.S. This is my first post in the Led Zeppelin forum. I have VERY recently "acquired" all eight of their studio albums (I didn't get Coda), but I got HOW THE WEST WAS WON when it was released. I hope to get some insight from all of you seasoned fans as I explore their catalog. Plus maybe I can give you all a "new guy" perspective every now and then. Oh, yeah, and I got a copy of MIGHTY REARRANGER, too. I already love it.

Mister Jones
07-12-2005, 02:03 AM
I

Zeppelina
08-25-2005, 07:37 AM
I listen to I more than IV...I quite enjoy the blues:thumbsup:

*first post*

ilash
08-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Besides, while I am new to Led Zeppelin, I am definitely NOT new to "Stairway to Heaven", "Black Dog", and "Rock and Roll". Frankly, I skip over them whenever I listen to IV nowadays.

Huh? So then what the hell do you listen to? Those are the only three really good songs on the album, in my opinion though When the Levee Breaks and Going to California are pretty decent too (though the former is little more than a showcase for Bonham, while the latter is just an inferior rewrite of That's the Way). The other three tracks SUCK!

Hmmm... I'm gonna get flamed for this aren't I?

Wayne
08-25-2005, 08:05 AM
IV is Zeppelin's rock masterpiece without a doubt but their debut album defines 70's rock.

FoulSanctity
08-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Huh? So then what the hell do you listen to? Those are the only three really good songs on the album, in my opinion though When the Levee Breaks and Going to California are pretty decent too (though the former is little more than a showcase for Bonham, while the latter is just an inferior rewrite of That's the Way). The other three tracks SUCK!

Hmmm... I'm gonna get flamed for this aren't I?I won't flame you. I'll just politely tell you you're mistaken.;)

Deja Vu
08-25-2005, 05:18 PM
The Battle of Evermore, Misty Mountain Hop, Going To California, every track on Zep IV is totally top-notch.

infidel
08-25-2005, 05:20 PM
I think IV wins easily, but you can't deny the power of I. But by IV the band had evolved more and wrote some great songs and When The Levee Breaks trumps it for me.

infidel
08-25-2005, 05:23 PM
How is Evermore spectacular? Shouldn't a spectacular song actually have, like, an actual melody? To me it just sounds like the thing has no structure and is driven by some random acoustic guitar plucking and some truly horrid singing. And it's four and a half minutes too long too!

It has a melody. Plant is singing it. Does WLL have any more melody?

Look man, you don't like it you don't like it, but you're not going to convince me it's crap. Your opinion is just that.

peacethrumusic
08-26-2005, 03:31 AM
IV by a long way, as good as I is

ilash
08-26-2005, 03:56 AM

It has a melody. Plant is singing it. Does WLL have any more melody?

Look man, you don't like it you don't like it, but you're not going to convince me it's crap. Your opinion is just that.

Well, yes, of course it's my opinion - just about anything that anyone has to say about music is opinion. And yes, Whole Lotta Love has a much better melody than BOE in that great, though admittedly simplistic, riff. Whereas I do stand by what I said about BOE, especially because I generally expect ballads to have better melodies than simple straightforward riff-based rock songs. In fact, this is one of the few songs that I doubt I would ever change my mind about as I have listened to it tons of times but to these ears it just gets worse with each and every listen.

EMB
08-27-2005, 01:29 AM
IV

ED :cool:

KC
08-29-2005, 06:31 AM
IV

l_siego
08-30-2005, 02:22 AM
I

how many more times...

Terry Zanter
09-11-2005, 01:42 PM
I

hogfat
09-24-2005, 06:53 PM
I'll go with Led Zeppelin I, althoug IV is a good album I really burned myself out on it years ago.