PDA

View Full Version : Robert Plant Receives 2 Grammy Nominations

infidel
12-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Robert Plant has been given two Grammy nominations for Best Solo Rock Performance (Shine It All Around) and Best Hard Rock performance (Tin Pan Valley).

Congratulations!

Field 4 - Rock

Category 15
Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance
(For a solo vocal performance. Singles or Tracks only.)

Shine It All Around
Robert Plant
Track from: Mighty ReArranger
[Sanctuary]
Category 17

Best Hard Rock Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Tin Pan Valley
Robert Plant
Track from: Mighty ReArranger
[Sanctuary]

EMB
12-10-2005, 12:42 PM
He has about as much chance of winning as Sir Paulie does....possible but not likely. Good to see the old farts nominated, given their competition...

ED http://emb.smugmug.com/photos/46827418-Ti-0.jpg

zeppboy
12-10-2005, 04:20 PM
The Grammy's just aren't cool enough to let Plant or McCartney win. It would be great though.

infidel
12-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Well I suppose it would be bad for business if you admitted the geriatrics are better than the manufactured crapola.

Jimbo
12-10-2005, 06:57 PM
yeah, that's probably true isn't it. Itt's still all aboutthe $$$ in the end.

but Mighty Rearranger is a very good album for sure. one of my favorites of the past few years.

Wayne
12-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I HOPE Plant wins a best rock vocal performance Grammy proving to no talent young artists of today that a former member of Zeppelin is still above them all.

kath
12-10-2005, 07:57 PM
tin pan valley's a wicked song in its own weird lil way. glad to see it get a nom.

i'm gonna try to be optimistic this year. after all, they did so much better just with the damn nominations.

we can hope.

kath
(a sap.)

Larry's Mermaid
12-13-2005, 10:40 AM
yeah, that's probably true isn't it. Itt's still all aboutthe $$$ in the end.

but Mighty Rearranger is a very good album for sure. one of my favorites of the past few years.

:thumbsup: It's a great listen and a lot better than some of the newer artists could produce.