Classic Rock Forums

Classic Rock Forums (https://www.crf2.com/forum.php)
-   Music Polls and Tournaments (https://www.crf2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Zeppboy's Format Poll (https://www.crf2.com/showthread.php?t=57712)

zeppboy 05-30-2017 09:17 AM

Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
How do you listen to music? This is a multiple choice poll so choose all that apply. :phones:

MusicLover7 05-30-2017 09:30 AM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
CD's.

I donated my entire Cassette collection to my local Goodwill, and now I'm thinking about finding a home for my Vinyl collection.

APageMark 05-30-2017 10:18 AM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
All but 8-tracks as I've decided to rebuild my vinyl collection.

hodad 05-30-2017 10:23 AM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
CD's mainly and to a lesser extent mp3's & streaming. Got rid of my vinyl, 8 tracks & cassettes years ago.


:ROsign:

Foxhound 05-30-2017 01:38 PM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
My priorities when it comes to music formats are two:

1. I want a physical object.
2. I prefer analogue.

My preferences in order are therefore as follows:

1. Vinyl
2. Cassettes
3. 8-Track
4. CDs

I don't currently have any 8-track tapes but I'd love to add some to my music collection, particularly Quadrophonic ones.

:headbange

I still have all my vinyl LPs to which I'm still slowly adding and a small quantity of cassettes. I had many more cassettes previously but twice I had cases of cassettes stolen from my car.

:frown:

dwill123 05-30-2017 07:27 PM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
CD, Vinyl, MP3

APageMark 05-30-2017 07:34 PM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by APageMark (Post 1267901)
All but 8-tracks as I've decided to rebuild my vinyl collection.

Many of my cassettes are unlistenable. They don't tend to do well when they spend years in hot attics.

MusicLover7 05-31-2017 07:22 AM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by APageMark (Post 1267924)
Many of my cassettes are unlistenable. They don't tend to do well when they spend years in hot attics.

My cassette collection was stored in a cool dry place (basement) and some of my oldest cassettes were also unlistenable. :frown:

zeppboy 05-31-2017 08:28 AM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicLover7 (Post 1267949)
My cassette collection was stored in a cool dry place (basement) and some of my oldest cassettes were also unlistenable. :frown:

Cassettes sound pretty good if you have a good player. Unfortunately they don't hold up to time the way vinyl and CD's do. :frown:

I have some that are starting to drag and don't sound as good as they once did.

zeppboy 05-31-2017 08:30 AM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxhound (Post 1267915)

I don't currently have any 8-track tapes but I'd love to add some to my music collection, particularly Quadrophonic ones.

:headbange

I have a few 8-Tracks unfortunately they aren't quadrophonic. I hear the quadrophonic ones sound really good.

MusicLover7 05-31-2017 08:46 AM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppboy (Post 1267952)
Cassettes sound pretty good if you have a good player. Unfortunately they don't hold up to time the way vinyl and CD's do. :frown:

I have some that are starting to drag and don't sound as good as they once did.

You're correct. I once read somewhere that cassettes naturally degrade with the passage of time. :frown:

Dude111 05-31-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APageMark
All but 8-tracks as I've decided to rebuild my vinyl collection.

If you can you should give 8 tracks a chance,they are pure analogue glory

hightea 05-31-2017 10:10 AM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
Anyway I can :smokin:

Don't have a cassette player or 8 track so those are out.
We stream with Spotify and sirius radio(most used way these days)
Although at home we still play cd's and vinyl sometimes
otherwise we use spotify and itunes (mp3 )

Foxhound 05-31-2017 03:40 PM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppboy (Post 1267953)
I have a few 8-Tracks unfortunately they aren't quadrophonic. I hear the quadrophonic ones sound really good.

8-tracks were capable of delivering real quadrophomic very faithfully. Vinyl was not.

:frown:

Foxhound 05-31-2017 03:48 PM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicLover7 (Post 1267954)
You're correct. I once read somewhere that cassettes naturally degrade with the passage of time.

True. Any kind of tape does including 8-track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 1267961)
If you can you should give 8 tracks a chance,they are pure analogue glory.

Have your 8-track tapes held up that well over the years?

Peter Dunn's Vinyl Museum on Lakeshore Boulevard in Toronto was a used record and tape store operating out of what had been a supermarket at one time. It was therefore absolutely massive with an incredible selection of titles. On one wall or aisle there was a sign "8-Tracks - They're Better Than CDs!" And you know Peter wouldn't lie.

;)

mostfurious 05-31-2017 04:04 PM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
All of them, although cassettes and 8 tracks are pretty seldom.

Wheeds 05-31-2017 06:21 PM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
I still buy CDs. Some stuff I buy on iTunes. I usually listen on my iPod, but some of it is ripped from CD and some of it is downloaded.

My 13 year old loves owning physical copies of her music and has most of the My Chemical Romance catalog on vinyl as well as CD.

bobbyg29 05-31-2017 09:29 PM

Re: Zeppboy's Format Poll
 
99% streaming. Don't own any CDs and haven't used an MP3 in a long time. Have a small vinyl collection but haven't added to it in a couple years.


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted by: F5 / MVH Internet Services

Copyright 2005-2018, CRF2.com