Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $48902
Give Thanks: 403
The Moody Blues Days Of Future Passed Live Set For Release

Eagle Rock has a special treat for fans of The Moody Blues as the legendary band prepares for their long overdue induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of the Fame this spring.

The label will be releasing Days Of Future Passed Live by The Moody Blues on DVD, Blu-ray and 2CD, on March 23rd featuring a live performance of the iconic and groundbreaking 1967 album from the anniversary tour last year where they played the entire album along with a full orchestra.

Days Of Future Passed Live was captured during at the Toronto stop of the album's 50th Anniversary Tour at the Sony Centre For The Performing Arts.

The concert begins with the band by themselves performing a selection of classic Moody Blues tracks before they are joined by the orchestra to perform Days Of Future Passed plus a couple of fantastic encore tracks. The Bonus Feature, entitled "Remembering Days Of Future Passed", delivers brand new interviews with Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Graeme Edge discussing the making of this classic album.

The Moody Blues -- Justin Hayward (guitar, vocals); John Lodge (bass, vocals); Graeme Edge (drums, percussion) - are joined on stage by Norda Mullen (flute, guitar, percussion, vocals); Julie Ragins (keyboards, percussion, guitar, saxophone, vocals); Alan Hewitt (keyboards, vocals); Billy Ashbaugh (drums, percussion) and Elliot Davis (musical director, conductor and co-arranger). The live show also features the voice of Oscar-winning actor Jeremy Irons on the two spoken word tracks: "Morning Glory" and "Late Lament".
MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Re: The Moody Blues Days Of Future Passed Live Set For Release

Where's Ray Thomas and Mike Pinder?
Old 01-26-2018, 11:50 PM   #3
Jack Keck
Retired Sivul Cervent

Give Thanks: 6

I would imagine that Ray Thomas was too ill to be able to play. I have no idea why Mike Pinder wouldn't participate.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition: it is entirely possibleto pick up a turd by the clean end." uncredited
Jack Keck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:36 AM   #4
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Keck View Post
I would imagine that Ray Thomas was too ill to be able to play. I have no idea why Mike Pinder wouldn't participate.
Quote:
The Bonus Feature, entitled "Remembering Days Of Future Passed", delivers brand new interviews with Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Graeme Edge discussing the making of this classic album.
I was also referring to the Bonus Feature interview part of the DVD.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
Black Night
Is a long way from home

Gameroom cash: $1798
Give Thanks: 0

I'll be up for this. I'm sure Ray was too ill to participate. Not sure about Mike, but he's not been part of the band for a very long time. Maybe he didn't want to do it. He has taken part in other Moody historical shows though.

I always loved Mikes songs though, and have missed them since he left. The current band still put on a dcent show though. Justins voice seems as good as ever.
Black Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Night View Post
The current band still put on a dcent show though. Justins voice seems as good as ever.