Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
humanmachinery
I'm like Buddha with drugs and anger

Give Thanks: 0
Crazy I saw Type O Negative about a week ago

They had a really great setlist. about four or five songs from the first two albums, a couple from the new album (which I like a lot), and a few from the intervening albums (which were all decent, but not phenomenal).

Peter Steele (AKA Petrus Ratajczyk) looked like he was in terrible shape though. He lost a ton of weight, his teeth decayed into little pegs with huge gaps between them, and he spent most of the show drinking Jägermeister out of the giant green bottle. I think he drained the whole thing, and tossed his water to the crowd. Considering the fact that he went through rehab no more than a year or two ago, this wasn't good.

I'm a big fan of Pete's music, but I think he'll be dead by the time he turns fifty.

~Kyuss~
humanmachinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
flipflop
Prisoner of rock'n'roll

Re: I saw Type O Negative about a week ago

It's been a while since I caught Type O live but I saw Carnivore this spring and Peter seemed fine

He had his usual bottle with him on stage but he did seem to be his usual ironic self.

I'm a big rock star / My sales have tanked / But I still got you / Thanks / Download this / Sounds like shit

flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:47 AM   #3
humanmachinery

He was fairly witty when I saw him, but he also spent a lot of time sitting down on the drum riser while playing. He read all of his lyrics from sheets sitting on a podium too, like he either couldn't be bothered to memorize them, or his brain was too fried to do it. His skin was so pallid I could almost see his organs, and his hair was thin and stringy, as though a bunch of it had fallen out.

some of his quips from that night:

"My Polish grandfather used to say to me 'those who work shall eat.' I've worked so very hard today, and I look forward to some good eatin'!"
*flicks tongue repeatedly*

"I know many of you out there have work or school to go to tomorrow, which is gonna be fuckin' awful with the hangover you're brewing right now. That's OK. Dr. Pete will fill out a permission slip, so you can stay home, but only if I can sleep at your house tonight."

"Hey, I see a lot of smiles out there. Everybody looks like they're having a good time. I want to know who wasted money bribing you, and why they aren't paying my rent."

"This next song is off our first album, Slow Deep and Hard. It's about the way I like to fuck."

Of course, nothing will ever beat the ending he tacked onto their "live" EP, Origin of the Feces:

"We've just heard there's a bomb threat at this show. Please don't wait for the encore, there's no more music. Just do what you were already thinking of doing: turn around, and walk toward the exit."

*guffaw*

~Kyuss~
Old 07-03-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
humanmachinery

Type O Negative performs at Woodstock 2007 (Poland):

~Kyuss~