Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Music Game Room
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Music Game Room Play various music related games in here

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2015, 02:06 AM   #109
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $47417
Give Thanks: 68
Re: Songs Of 1966 Add List - 100 Songs

Geez, just let it go already! -------> -------> -------->

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #110
CrazyConnie
Kubes Champion, Cocktail Bar Champion, House of Chocolates Champion, Bejeweled Twist Blitz Champion, Eva Star Champion, Fling a Thing Champion, Math Lines Champion, !Dots! Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Bejeweled 3 Champion, Crusher Champion, Beadles Champion, Metal Monster II Champion, Flash Stars Champion, Jewel Quest Champion, Candy Match Champion, Color Blast Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $41662
Give Thanks: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
I'm calling foul!

It's listed number 7 in 1966 Greatest Songs.

https://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...g_hits_66.html
CrazyConnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:03 AM   #111
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConnie View Post
It's listed number 7 in 1966 Greatest Songs.

https://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...g_hits_66.html
I saw a t least two other songs that are on the 1967 list. I wonder why they are listed for both years on some sites? I would Google my question, but I'm not sure anymore I would get a correct answer.

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
Old 10-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #112
hodad

Gameroom cash: $28581
Give Thanks: 162

I suspect there are some songs that are released late in one year and really don't climb the charts until January and later of the next year. Thus there would be a discrepancy between the year the song was released and the year it was popular.
hodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #113
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $20952
Give Thanks: 166
Exclamation Re: Songs Of 1966 Add List - 100 Songs

No, that's not the problem with For What It's Worth. The tune was recorded on 5 December 1966 but wasn't released until January 1967. Since songs can be recorded years before they're ultimately released, KissingWillie very properly phrased this list as being one for songs released in 1966. Therefore Zombeels in effect jumped the gun.

Now I would have no problem with Hodad's example of a tune released late in 1966 that ended up hitting big on the charts in 1967 showing up on the list for either year. But once it's grandfathered on the earlier list, I don't think it should be eligible for the following year as well.

For What It's Worth though made the 1966 list by mistake. It was released in 1967, made its splash on the charts in 1967 and therefore belongs on the 1967 list.

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:15 AM   #114
Zombeels

Gameroom cash: $3684
Give Thanks: 1

For What It's Worth was released on December 23, 1966. I did not make a mistake. It belongs on the 1966 list.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/si...ut_and_say_it/
https://www.discogs.com/The-Buffalo-S.../master/251054
Old 10-06-2015, 04:20 AM   #115
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombeels View Post
For What It's Worth was released on December 23, 1966. I did not make a mistake. It belongs on the 1966 list.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/si...ut_and_say_it/
https://www.discogs.com/The-Buffalo-S.../master/251054
Nope.

For What It's Worth is a song written by Stephen Stills. It was performed by Buffalo Springfield, recorded on December 5, 1966, and released as a single in January 1967; it was later added to the re-release of their first album, Buffalo Springfield. The single peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This song is currently ranked #63 on Rolling Stone's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time as well as the eighth best song of 1967 by Acclaimed Music.

Source: Wikipedia

Old 10-06-2015, 04:35 AM   #116
Zombeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Nope.

For What It's Worth is a song written by Stephen Stills. It was performed by Buffalo Springfield, recorded on December 5, 1966, and released as a single in January 1967; it was later added to the re-release of their first album, Buffalo Springfield. The single peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This song is currently ranked #63 on Rolling Stone's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time as well as the eighth best song of 1967 by Acclaimed Music.

Source: Wikipedia
And you are wrong. Check Acclaimed. They have the song listed in 1966.

Rateyourmusic, Discogs, Songfacts, Ultimate Classic Rock, AMG and Acclaimed all have it listed at 1966.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:44 AM   #117
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

Quote:
And you are wrong. Check Acclaimed. They have the song listed in 1966.

Rateyourmusic, Discogs, Songfacts, Ultimate Classic Rock, AMG and Acclaimed all have it listed at 1966.
It does say 1966, and I also a few other songs on the 1967 list, also listed for 1966.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:46 AM   #118
Zombeels

I do lists for Acclaimed and they jump all over me when I put a wrong release date. Discogs is supposed to be the most reliable site for release dates.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:04 AM   #119
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

Quote:
I do lists for Acclaimed and they jump all over me when I put a wrong release date. Discogs is supposed to be the most reliable site for release dates.
Discogs also says 1966. Things can be added and corrected on Wikipedia. I've done it before, but it was for horse related information.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 AM   #120
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $20952
Give Thanks: 166
Exclamation Re: Songs Of 1966 Add List - 100 Songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
It does say 1966, and I also a few other songs on the 1967 list, also listed for 1966.
If a song was released in 1966, but didn't hit the charts until 1967 and wasn't nominated for our 1966 strip, I'd say it's still eligible for the 1967 strip.

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:38 PM   #121
KissingWillie
Banned
CrazyBall Champion, Blooming Gardens Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Card Frenzy Champion, Pokanoid (One Deck) Champion, Tower Of 21 Champion, King Of Spades Champion, Yahoo Tennis Champion, 52 Card Pick-up Champion, Super Santa Rush Champion, Q-ball Champion, Mahjong Dark Dimensions Champion, Hot Water Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Celebrity Memory Champion, Cave Jump Champion, Flash 3DX Tetris Champion, Freeway Fury Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Curve Out Champion, Add Em Up Champion, Dragons Run Champion, Star Defender 4 Champion, Starfire Retaliation Champion, Rock Paper Scissors Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $15405
Give Thanks: 46

I have no problem with people having an issue with a list entry, a dispute can be interesting and educational. The question is who has the right to remove the song from the list? This is the order IMO:

1. The poster. Present the facts to the poster and give that person the option of keeping or removing the song.

2. The OP of the thread if the poster doesn't respond or if the song blatantly violates the rules and the poster refuses to remove it.

3. Admin staff always gets the final say in a dispute.

4. Wait for the strip list and remove the song if you don't think it belongs on the list.
KissingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:36 AM   #122
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

I guess I feel that if it's right on the line and the poster didn't do it on purpose, it should just be left alone, as not to stall the game. After all, it is just a game. I see a few songs on the 1967 list that are 1966 songs, but it's no big deal to me. That's just my opinion.