Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2015, 09:26 PM   #19
Tkitna
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $2347
Give Thanks: 1
Re: It Sounds Like The Beatles

Tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
These Users say Thanks to Tkitna:
Old 07-20-2015, 11:55 PM   #20
Spaced
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $2063
Give Thanks: 41

A lot of the early to mid 60's pop was Beatlesque. Everyone was cashin in on the craze.....including the Dave Clark Five. This song's harmonies and style has " Beatles " all over it.

Because

Spaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #21
hightea
your opinion which is of no consequence at all
Administrator
Lateral Collateral 2 Champion, Airport Champion, Sudoku Omega Champion

Gameroom cash: $1287
Give Thanks: 6

apples in stereo - Strawberryfire
hightea is offline   Reply With Quote
These Users say Thanks to hightea:
Old 07-21-2015, 12:42 AM   #22
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $47417
Give Thanks: 68

Scandinavian Skies - Billy Joel

Come And Get It - Bad Finger

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10

Last edited by JET : 07-22-2015 at 02:23 AM.
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:18 AM   #23
Tkitna
Classic Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Come And Get It - Badfinger

That's cheating since Paul wrote it and gave it to them. He even told them not to change a thing and it would be a hit for them.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:25 AM   #24
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkitna View Post
That's cheating since Paul wrote it and gave it to them. He even told them not to change a thing and it would be a hit for them.

Cheating? How?: Post a video for a song that you think sounds like the Beatles but is performed by another artist, group. No covers.

Klaatu - Sub Rosa Subway

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
Old 07-22-2015, 03:21 AM   #25
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

Great Lengths - PFR

Old 07-22-2015, 03:25 AM   #26
Tkitna
Classic Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Cheating? How?: Post a video for a song that you think sounds like the Beatles but is performed by another artist, group. No covers.
Well it is kind of a cover since Paul wrote and even sang it first, but I was just joking with you anyways. Its all good.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:34 AM   #27
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkitna View Post
Well it is kind of a cover since Paul wrote and even sang it first, but I was just joking with you anyways. Its all good.
I knew he had a huge part in it, but I didn't know how much he controlled it. I'm glad though that you were joking. I think Badfinger is about as close as any band could get, without actually being The Beatles. I was very sad when I read what happened to them. What a tragic story.