Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Arcade Games
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Arcade Games A forum to discuss all things arcade game related.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
KissingWillie
Banned
CrazyBall Champion, Blooming Gardens Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Card Frenzy Champion, Pokanoid (One Deck) Champion, Tower Of 21 Champion, King Of Spades Champion, Yahoo Tennis Champion, 52 Card Pick-up Champion, Super Santa Rush Champion, Q-ball Champion, Mahjong Dark Dimensions Champion, Hot Water Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Celebrity Memory Champion, Cave Jump Champion, Flash 3DX Tetris Champion, Freeway Fury Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Curve Out Champion, Add Em Up Champion, Dragons Run Champion, Star Defender 4 Champion, Starfire Retaliation Champion, Rock Paper Scissors Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $15405
Give Thanks: 46
Game Tips

Have any arcade game playing tips, suggestions, etc? Here is a thread to post them in.
KissingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
KissingWillie
Banned
CrazyBall Champion, Blooming Gardens Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Card Frenzy Champion, Pokanoid (One Deck) Champion, Tower Of 21 Champion, King Of Spades Champion, Yahoo Tennis Champion, 52 Card Pick-up Champion, Super Santa Rush Champion, Q-ball Champion, Mahjong Dark Dimensions Champion, Hot Water Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Celebrity Memory Champion, Cave Jump Champion, Flash 3DX Tetris Champion, Freeway Fury Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Curve Out Champion, Add Em Up Champion, Dragons Run Champion, Star Defender 4 Champion, Starfire Retaliation Champion, Rock Paper Scissors Champion

My Mood:

Re: Game Tips

In the game Word Sailing, pressing the "Quit" button found in the lower right will submit the current score at any time.

If you can't finish the race and the "You didn't quite make it" screen pops up, you have three seconds to press the "Play Again" button (to start over losing your score) or the current score is submitted.

Another tip, the space bar shuffles the letters during the race.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
KissingWillie
Banned

My Mood:

There seems to be a scoring bug in the game 2D Shootout. You get one shot at it, no pun intended. If you hit "Start Game" after the initial game is over, any further scoring is lost and the game submits zero as the score.

Edit: The scoring bug has been fixed.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #4
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $47417
Give Thanks: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissingWillie View Post
In the game Word Sailing, pressing the "Quit" button found in the lower right will submit the current score at any time.

If you can't finish the race and the "You didn't quite make it" screen pops up, you have three seconds to press the "Play Again" button (to start over losing your score) or the current score is submitted.

Another tip, the space bar shuffles the letters during the race.
What happened to me was that I "timed" out of the forum, and had to log back on, and when I did, it was like I never played. I don't know what to do about that.

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #5
KissingWillie
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
What happened to me was that I "timed" out of the forum, and had to log back on, and when I did, it was like I never played. I don't know what to do about that.
That happened to me yesterday after playing Sudoku for about an hour. If you've been playing a game for a long time, go to the homepage and check to see if you're still logged in before hitting the submit score button (if you have that choice). Once you've hit that button it's too late, but I think if you go log back in first, then hit the submit button, you should be all right.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:30 PM   #6
KissingWillie
Banned

My Mood:

The game "Fling A Thing" takes awhile to load, but it will load eventually. It took about 20 seconds on my machine.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:25 AM   #7
KissingWillie
Banned

My Mood:

FYI, the scoring in Sudoku does work. It's just tough to get a score.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:04 AM   #8
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Quote:
The game "Fling A Thing" takes awhile to load, but it will load eventually. It took about 20 seconds on my machine.
It loaded right away for me, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do after that! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
Old 07-22-2015, 03:21 AM   #9
KissingWillie
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
It loaded right away for me, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do after that! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You grab the creature with the left mouse button, pull it back and fling him at the bubbles. It's almost like the coconutz game.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:36 PM   #11
Desdinova
Radios Appear!
Island Colonizer Champion, Pizza Pronto Champion, Super Sun Run Champion, Color Bomb Champion, Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Snake Champion, Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, 3D Field Goal - Pro Champion, Coconutz On The Beach Champion, 3 Point Shootout Champion, Crystal Klondike Solitaire Champion, Paddle Ball Champion, 7th Thinning Smash Champion, Arkadium Skeeball Champion, Dropiz Champion, George Of The Jungle Swinging Kingdom Champion, Helicopter Champion, Smash Palace Champion, American Racing Champion, Moto Tomb Racer Champion, Flipped Out Champion, Run Home Champion, 2D Shootout Champion, Batman Gotham City Rush Champion, Pirates Blast Champion, Chomper Champion, Shuffle Champion, Backyards Buzzing Champion, Pixelknight II Champion, Hyper Travel Champion, Dragon Flame 2 Champion, Bob The Robber Champion, Reclamation Champion, Boulder Basher 2 Champion, Big Wave Dave Champion, Homer`s Beer Run 2 Champion, Ztar Champion, Crazy Taxi Champion, Olympic Shooting Practice Champion, Adventure Jack Champion, Highspeed Chase Champion, Mouse Hunt Champion, Heat Rush Champion, Curveball Champion

Gameroom cash: $1500
Give Thanks: 54

Quote:
That happened to me yesterday after playing Sudoku for about an hour. If you've been playing a game for a long time, go to the homepage and check to see if you're still logged in before hitting the submit score button (if you have that choice). Once you've hit that button it's too late, but I think if you go log back in first, then hit the submit button, you should be all right.
I should also mention that it's not at all hard to "Cheat" at the Sudoku game. Out of curiosity, I checked online for a Sudoku solver. It's a blank sudoku screen where you can put in all the numbers of the puzzle. Click "solve" and it will solve the puzzle in less than a second. Then it's just a matter of transferring all the numbers onto the games grid. So.....if anyone gets an exceptionally high (or any score for that matter) score on this game, they're probably cheating,....I should also mention that there's no way to choose what level you want to start at, I'm assuming from the difficulty I had at solving my first puzzle, is that it defaults to hard.

Just thought you all would like to know this.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #12
KissingWillie
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
I should also mention that it's not at all hard to "Cheat" at the Sudoku game. Out of curiosity, I checked online for a Sudoku solver. It's a blank sudoku screen where you can put in all the numbers of the puzzle. Click "solve" and it will solve the puzzle in less than a second. Then it's just a matter of transferring all the numbers onto the games grid. So.....if anyone gets an exceptionally high (or any score for that matter) score on this game, they're probably cheating,....I should also mention that there's no way to choose what level you want to start at, I'm assuming from the difficulty I had at solving my first puzzle, is that it defaults to hard.

Just thought you all would like to know this.
On the start screen you're given the choices easy, medium, hard or Banzai. It is possible to solve these puzzles without cheating, so if someone does score points we probably shouldn't assume that they've cheated.

Using a solver would certainly be cheating, but there's nothing wrong with using an empty grid as a notepad IMO. After all if you play Sudoku in a puzzle book or in the newspaper, you can write down little numbers to help you.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:23 PM   #13
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

Quote:
You grab the creature with the left mouse button, pull it back and fling him at the bubbles. It's almost like the coconutz game.
I think this one is for you Desdinova.

These Users say Thanks to JET:
Old 07-27-2015, 01:03 AM   #14
Desdinova
Radios Appear!
Island Colonizer Champion, Pizza Pronto Champion, Super Sun Run Champion, Color Bomb Champion, Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Snake Champion, Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, 3D Field Goal - Pro Champion, Coconutz On The Beach Champion, 3 Point Shootout Champion, Crystal Klondike Solitaire Champion, Paddle Ball Champion, 7th Thinning Smash Champion, Arkadium Skeeball Champion, Dropiz Champion, George Of The Jungle Swinging Kingdom Champion, Helicopter Champion, Smash Palace Champion, American Racing Champion, Moto Tomb Racer Champion, Flipped Out Champion, Run Home Champion, 2D Shootout Champion, Batman Gotham City Rush Champion, Pirates Blast Champion, Chomper Champion, Shuffle Champion, Backyards Buzzing Champion, Pixelknight II Champion, Hyper Travel Champion, Dragon Flame 2 Champion, Bob The Robber Champion, Reclamation Champion, Boulder Basher 2 Champion, Big Wave Dave Champion, Homer`s Beer Run 2 Champion, Ztar Champion, Crazy Taxi Champion, Olympic Shooting Practice Champion, Adventure Jack Champion, Highspeed Chase Champion, Mouse Hunt Champion, Heat Rush Champion, Curveball Champion

Quote:
On the start screen you're given the choices easy, medium, hard or Banzai. It is possible to solve these puzzles without cheating, so if someone does score points we probably shouldn't assume that they've cheated.

Using a solver would certainly be cheating, but there's nothing wrong with using an empty grid as a notepad IMO. After all if you play Sudoku in a puzzle book or in the newspaper, you can write down little numbers to help you.
The choices don't work for me, they're there, but they're dead and unresponsive. It is possible to solve the puzzle without cheating, but the time given makes it pretty much impossible to score any points, you run out the time and score nothing for solving the puzzle. I may be proven wrong on this, but so far, no one's scored any points on this game.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:17 AM   #16
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

Quote:
I can't seem to beat Willie's high score
Don't complain to me. I had only eight measly trophies yesterday, and now I only have seven. It's not like those games come so easy for everyone. Some don't even have instructions and some that have instructions might as well be written in Sanskrit.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #17
Desdinova
Radios Appear!

Quote:
Don't complain to me. I had only eight measly trophies yesterday, and now I only have seven. It's not like those games come so easy for everyone. Some don't even have instructions and some that have instructions might as well be written in Sanskrit.
I took one of those from you yesterday, "American Racing" I think, I took two away from Willie so don't feel too bad. We trade high scores back and forth, look at how many times the flash 3D tetras trophy has changed hands, I had the sudoku trophy once, I see the score is still zero on that one
Old 07-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #18
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling

My Mood:

Quote:
I took one of those from you yesterday, "American Racing" I think, I took two away from Willie so don't feel too bad. We trade high scores back and forth, look at how many times the flash 3D tetras trophy has changed hands, I had the sudoku trophy once, I see the score is still zero on that one
I'm just REALLY FRUSTRATED about the games that I play and they won't let me submit my score. I think those games should be fixed or removed.