Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge > Reviews & Articles
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Reviews & Articles Member reviews & articles. Write or share a review or article about anything music related.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $44269
Give Thanks: 382
Fleetwood Mac’s beginnings revisited in one glorious book

Superstardom did not happen overnight for Fleetwood Mac, and neither did the creation of drummer Mick Fleetwood’s latest book.

According to Fleetwood, the seeds for “Love That Burns — A Chronicle of Fleetwood Mac, Volume One: 1967-1974” were planted in 1980. That’s when he came across “I Me Mine,” a book that ex-Beatle (and his former brother-in-law) George Harrison did with England-based Genesis Publications.

“It was like opening a bible, with gorgeous paper,” a smiling Fleetwood recalls, elaborately fanning his hands for emphasis.

Then a few years ago, while at a store in Los Angeles with his nephew Kells, Fleetwood was impressed by another Genesis Publications book: “Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page,” which documented the guitarist’s career in Led Zeppelin and more. At his uncle’s request, Kells contacted Genesis about the publisher’s interest in a Fleetwood project. That was followed by a meeting in London and eventually led to Fleetwood’s new book, which he describes as “a piece of art.”

“I did always aspire to work with this lovely book company,” he adds. “They know how to research and (how to) work with photographers.”

Clocking in at 300-plus pages, the limited-edition “Love That Burns” (due in September) features hundreds of rare photos, illustrations and memorabilia, plus text from Fleetwood as well as present and former band members. Each numbered copy of “Love That Burns” will be signed by Fleetwood and come with a vinyl picture disc containing the book title’s namesake song, which originally appeared on the second Fleetwood Mac album. (To preorder, go to fleetwoodmacbook.com.)

While in Austin, Texas, during this year’s South by Southwest, Fleetwood sat down for a one-on-one conversation at the JW Marriott to discuss “Love That Burns.”

http://www.goldminemag.com/articles/...m_medium=email
MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote