Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/crf2com/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/crf2com/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php on line 118

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/crf2com/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php on line 123

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/crf2com/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php on line 128

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/crf2com/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php on line 133

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/crf2com/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php on line 138

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/crf2com/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php on line 143

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/crf2com/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php on line 148
AUDIO: Aerosmith premiere new single – Lover Alot - Classic Rock Forums
Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $51632
Give Thanks: 416
AUDIO: Aerosmith premiere new single – Lover Alot

http://www.hennemusic.com/2012/08/au...ew-single.html
MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
No Quarter
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $2475
Give Thanks: 38
Re: AUDIO: Aerosmith premiere new single – Lover Alot

Well , let's just say it's as good as bad can be.
No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #3
That 70s Guy
Bad

Gameroom cash: $1658
Give Thanks: 1

I like it alot!!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $47417
Give Thanks: 68

It's...Aerosmith.

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
bobbyg29
Professor of Rock n Roll

Gameroom cash: $3493
Give Thanks: 0

Might be just the stream but the mix on that song sounds terrible to me...the bass is too overpowering, Steven Tyler sounds like he is singing in a tin can and I can hardly hear Joe Perry playing. And overall the song is pretty boring. I hope they have a lot better than this in store...
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #6
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $47417
Give Thanks: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg29 View Post
Might be just the stream but the mix on that song sounds terrible to me...the bass is too overpowering, Steven Tyler sounds like he is singing in a tin can and I can hardly hear Joe Perry playing. And overall the song is pretty boring. I hope they have a lot better than this in store...
I thought so too. It's sounds a lot better on You Tube!

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

AEROSMITH - Two New Tracks From Another Dimension Streaming

http://www.bravewords.com/news/189002
Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
bobbyg29
Professor of Rock n Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg29 View Post
I thought so too. It's sounds a lot better on You Tube!
Yeah, that has much better sound:

Still kind of a blah song to me..
Old 08-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
CosmicDancer
Ain't No Substitute For Arrogance

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $3119
Give Thanks: 7

You all know that I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan. I've been hoping that this album would be great. It's unrealistic to expect another Toys, Rocks or even Pump, but I've had faith that this new album would pull them out of the slump they been in for well over a decade now. After hearing 3 songs, I'm thinking more along the lines of dissapointment. There are plenty more songs to hear, but so far, I'm not impressed.

Legendary Child is a Get a Grip leftover. It isn't awful, but it certainly isn't great.

Lover Alot is pretty pedestrian. It's trying hard to be a good rocker, but it's nto quite there for me. It's boring. Way to many effects on the guitars in the break. This has been a problem for a while. Why can't they just throw a mic on the amp and hit record? A big part of the reason that there older records sound so tough is that they sound real and organic. I really thought Jack Douglas would bring that back but it seems as if they are still throwing everything but the kitchen sink at their guitar tones.

What Could Have Been Love is wretched. I was surprised to find that this isn't the song that Dianne Warren wrote for the record. It sounds as bad as one of her signature ballads. This one is from the craptastic pen of Tyler, Frederikson and Russ Irwin who is their touring keyboard guy. Proof positive that Marti Frederikson shouldn't be allowed in the same room as Steven Tyler. That guy has been ruining Aerosmith records for years. The bad part about it not being the Dianne Warren song is that as awful as this song is, there is still a song on the record that she DID write that could be even worse!

What Could Have Been Love is just so bland. Outside of Steven's voice, there is no evidence that the band playing the song is Aerosmith. There is nothing that seperates it from any other power ballad by Nickelback or any other generic rock band. I've read comments from other longtime fans that say it's the best ballad they've done since What it Takes (on of the post-reunion ballads that I like) and I just don't get that. This sounds like a pop ballad that any American Idol winner would come out with. I hate it. That being said, it'll probably be a big hit.

So far, I'm very dissapointed with what I'm hearing, but I'm a total fanboy, so I'll still buy it.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
That 70s Guy
Bad

Gameroom cash: $1658
Give Thanks: 1

The new ballad is really good too!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
bobbyg29
Professor of Rock n Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDancer View Post
What Could Have Been Love is wretched.
Agreed...it makes me want to listen to Don't Wanna Miss a Thing
Old 08-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

AEROSMITH - Music From Another Dimension; Official Album Trailer

http://www.bravewords.com/news/189106
Old 08-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #13
Bluesguitar
I like me a good Tele!

It's just so incredibly easy to "over-polish" stuff in the studio anymore that I believe a band has to work harder to "stop" before songs are over produced, over played, over mixed....over everything'd. Aerosmith failed miserably on this so far on these first couple of teaser tunes IMO.

These first Couple of releases are good enough songs I suppose, I'm just truly tired of "perfect" music....and we get way too much of it anymore (from most Artists). I miss recordings of actual performances un-hampred by plugs that quantize, correct, stretch, alter, change, re-texture....you name it. Then blasted to maximum volume in Mastering until all dynamics are completely obliterated. Thank you technology.
Hey you kids! Get off my lawn!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #14
CosmicDancer
Ain't No Substitute For Arrogance

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $3119
Give Thanks: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesguitar View Post
It's just so incredibly easy to "over-polish" stuff in the studio anymore that I believe a band has to work harder to "stop" before songs are over produced, over played, over mixed....over everything'd. Aerosmith failed miserably on this so far on these first couple of teaser tunes IMO.

These first Couple of releases are good enough songs I suppose, I'm just truly tired of "perfect" music....and we get way too much of it anymore (from most Artists). I miss recordings of actual performances un-hampred by plugs that quantize, correct, stretch, alter, change, re-texture....you name it. Then blasted to maximum volume in Mastering until all dynamics are completely obliterated. Thank you technology.
Hey you kids! Get off my lawn!
Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't mind some studio trickery. It's always been done, the methods have just gotten easier and less natural sounding. Tricks can be used to enhance sound yet still be subtle. It can be done, it just doesn't get done much these days. One thing that needs to go away though is the loudness wars. It's awful. There are no dynamics in music anymore. Everything is pushed to the limit and it sounds horrible.

The thing about these tunes though is that all the studio trickery, or bare bones production on the other end of the spectrum, can't save bad songs. I wasn't crazy about Legendary Child when it debuted, but I didn't hate it. I'm shocked that having heard 3 songs now, it is the best of the lot. Lover Alot is just so-so. Very repetitive and like I said before, those over effected guitars in the break have got to go. The less said about What Could Have Been Love, the better. It's horrid. Great songs can overcome bad production, but bad songs can't be saved.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Aerosmith Announce Deluxe Edition Contents for ‘Music From Another Dimension’

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aeros...her-dimension/