View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #162
CrazyConnie
Kubes Champion, Cocktail Bar Champion, House of Chocolates Champion, Bejeweled Twist Blitz Champion, Eva Star Champion, Fling a Thing Champion, Math Lines Champion, !Dots! Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Bejeweled 3 Champion, Crusher Champion, Beadles Champion, Metal Monster II Champion, Flash Stars Champion, Jewel Quest Champion, Candy Match Champion, Color Blast Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $58288
Give Thanks: 110
Re: This Day In Rock History

This Day In Rock History: August 15th

1942 Pete York (drummer for The Spencer Davis Group) is born in Redcar, Yorkshire, England.

1948 Tom Johnston (frontman for The Doobie Brothers) is born in Visalia, California.

1957 Notorious Californian groupie Sable Starr is born. As well as counting Alice Cooper, Rod Stewart and David Bowie among her conquests, she is the muse for Iggy Pop's 1996 song "Look Away."

1979 Led Zeppelin release their eighth and final studio album, In Through The Out Door. It is last album released by the band while John Bonham is still alive.

1980 George Harrison becomes the first Beatle to release an autobiography when his book I Me Mine is published.

2009 On the first UK gig of their world tour, U2 breaks the Wembley Stadium Attendance record when 88,000 show up. Their "claw" set design allows more fans to fit in the stadium and breaks Rod Stewart's record of 83,000 set in 1995.

source: calendarsongfacts
CrazyConnie is offline   Reply With Quote