View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 06:54 PM   #20
Marshall Stack
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $12487
Give Thanks: 1,310
Re: Top Ten Series: Front Men/Vocalists

I saw the Stones in '75 and they were pretty together.. but less than a year later- they were cat!
The sound was shit and Jagger apologised. Save for the wingmen... I would have retired to the bar. Whether it's error on my behalf (not sure?) but I'm a bugger for album representation... Jethro Tull did it in spades. The Who I saw at the famous Charlton Athletic gig and Roger delivered 100%, as did the rest. In fact everytime I've copped them live they've always bin' on song. In '77 I went to see Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers and that was' stand out '... Jerry Nolan was just incredible. Mahogany Rush were just perfect... but with Frank at the front I'd expect no less. In terms of holding the room, being personal with the audience and totally giving... It has to be Chuck Berry... by a country mile.
Second, The Stones in a club venue.. I've seen them twice at close quarters on beer crate stages... and they really lit up.
Worst gig was Bowie on the Glass Spider Tour.. wouldn't have given him houseroom!
Marshall Stack is offline   Reply With Quote