Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2021, 12:34 AM   #649
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $35001
Give Thanks: 311
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Disc Doctor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we play the hits! Tonight we're going to be surveying a selection of hits featuring talk boxes. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Secret! For a woman's extra fittings! It's a deodorant that'll hold up through all those long hours of poking and prodding while you're trying to get that special dress to fit just right! Oh, what? You're saying it's feelings not fittings? Okay, then. Secret, for a woman's extra feelings! (Whatever that means.)

Here now are the hits:

That's it for now! But tune in again tomorrow."

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:31 PM   #650
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Doctor of Cool coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW your go-to station for the hits! And I've really reached deep tonight for a selection of hits that will be magic to the ears of you the listening audience! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Schlitz! For those of you who like to draw your liquid nourishment from big cans.

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-13-2021, 11:00 PM   #651
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound the Baron de Bienville coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! I thought I might treat you my loyal listeners to a double dose of hits tonight but the harsh economic realities of operating this station intruded. So in any event I've done the best I could in the circumstances starting with tonight's sponsor:

Yes, the good folk at Heinz use only the most delectable all natural tomatoes in their products.

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-14-2021, 11:20 PM   #652
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww!!! This is Brer Foxhound and I've come in again from the bayou to bring you the hits here on Hit Radio WOWW! We're going to have a two for the price of one show tonight so stay tuned. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, with Ideal's Robot Commando you can destroy your enemies wherever they may lurk in the living room, parlour, sitting room, den or rec room!

Here now are the hits:

That's it for now! But tune in again tomorrow. (Hey, what did you expect when the price was free?)"

Old 10-15-2021, 11:38 PM   #653
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound the Earl of Iberville coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. The spotlight of tonight's show will be upon that legendary duo, Sonny & Cher! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Tiger Joe from Deluxe Reading! At better antique malls, flea markets and toy shows from coast-to-coast. Be the first collector on your block to score your very own specimen of this legendary sixties toy!

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-17-2021, 12:05 AM   #654
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound, your Renard des Bayoux, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! They say that the music you love is a window to your soul. Well we'll be doing some real window gazing tonight, yes we are, so prepare for some intense soul searching! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, they're Victoria's Secret! But we're very glad she can't keep them worth a damn and ends up revealing just about all.

Here now are the hits:

Last edited by Foxhound : 10-18-2021 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:48 PM   #655
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is your Rocker of the Ages Foxhound coming to you live on on Hit Radio WOWW where we cover the entire pantheon of hits. And cover more hits is precisely what we're going to do tonight! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Johnny Reb by Remco! Remember, every boy wants a Johnny Reb Cannon - and so do girls!

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-18-2021, 10:54 PM   #656
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on on Hit Radio WOWW. And I have a bloody good show all stacked up to play for all you real frantic ones tonight, yes I do! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, the Gung Ho Commando outfit by Marx! It's sure to please young boys of any age. Get it now, man!

Here now are the hits:

Last edited by Foxhound : 10-21-2021 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:03 AM   #657
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. But if you be looking for one of them stations with an 'urban' format, we ain't one of those. Rap and dance pop ain't be happening here on our station.

Before tonight's selection of hits though, this word from our sponsor:

No, there's nothing fake about PopChips. We have Katy Perry's word for that!

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-20-2021, 09:59 PM   #658
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Pontchartrain coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. The spotlight of tonight's show will be upon the hits of those legendary sixties minstrels, Jan and Dean! First though this word from our sponsor, Tourism New Orléans:

Yes, for the best in seafood visit New Orléans! Huh?! What's that? What do you mean I've got the wrong ad? Oh! Ummmm, sorry folk. I somehow seem to have mixed up these ads Hepcat brought in to the studio.

Here anyway are the hits!

Last edited by Foxhound : 10-21-2021 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:29 PM   #659
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Viceroy of Vinyl coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. How many of you listeners out there are like me and find that good music is all you need to get high on life without ingesting any extraneous substances? Well if we're reading from that same playbook, tonight's show is going to be enough to take you way up high!

But before tonight's selections, this important word from our sponsor:

Yes, if you want to battle America's many enemies on the high seas from the comfort of your very own living room, get Battlewagon by Deluxe Reading!

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-23-2021, 12:37 AM   #660
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"So my appointment to see Madame Scout and learn what's in the cards for Hit Radio WOWW is set for tomorrow. I need to do some long-term planning for this station of ours here in the French Quarter and a peak into the future would really help. And there's no better sage than Madame Scout to provide precisely that.

She's descended from a long matrilineal line of sibyls, soothsayers and oracles that can be traced back several hundred years to the steppes of the Ukraine. At some point early in the eighteenth century one of her forebears pulled up stakes from the steppes and took on the position of household seer with the Bonaparte family dynasty on the island of Corsica. When things went sour for the family's standard bearer, Napoleon, in the early nineteenth century, her great grandmother many times over thought it wise to transplant herself to French speaking Haiti where she was steeped in local Voodoo customs and lore and added those to her already extensive mystic repertoire. A descendant then made the move to a Cajun French neighbourhood of New Orléans late in the nineteenth century because she correctly foresaw that America was going to continue being the land of opportunity. And Madame Scout is still carrying on the family tradition in the mystic arts today!"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got another great show all stacked up to play on our trusty Garrard tonight, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes ladies, Fresh and Sexy wipes from Playtex will help you get more wood!

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-24-2021, 12:56 AM   #661
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"So I finally got in to see Madame Scout earlier this afternoon:

We had a nice long chat prior to my reading. Yes, the second sight powers she has are almost invariably passed on from mother to daughter but only about once or twice a generation. Even more rarely (like once a century or so) does a son inherit such powers and then he becomes a truly formidable seer of awe inspiring power.

A great uncle of hers (many times removed now of course) with such powers, Styx, served as Napoleon's adviser and was instrumental in Napoleon's rise to power. But even Styx couldn't keep Father Time at bay forever and he passed away in 1810 at the age of thirty. Without Styx's invaluable foresight, Napoleon ended up blundering into his ill-fated invasion of Russia and fell from power within a few years.

Interesting as well that Napoleon sent a son of Styx, Orion who had a small fraction of his sire's powers, to help advise the governor of Louisiana in 1800. Orion chose to remain in the New World after the Louisiana purchase by the United States and entered into the service of Andrew Jackson. With the aid of Orion's sage counsel, General Jackson went on to defeat the British at the Battle of New Orléans in 1815.

Nonetheless, when we finally got on to my reading, Madame Scout foresaw continued growth and prosperity for Hit Radio WOWW! I can therefore proceed with some much needed improvements to the premises as well as hire an additional employee or two!"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. We here in the studio have been saddened to learn of the death from pneumonia of Jay Black of Jay and the Americans. R.I.P. Jay Black (2 November 1938 – 22 October 2021). We're accordingly going to air a special commercial free show dedicated to Jay Black's music tonight:

Old 10-25-2021, 10:03 PM   #662
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hmmmppphhhfff!!! So the very day after my reading with Madame Scout the damn computer eats my show. She didn't warn me of that! Of course that's not the specific question I asked. One has to be very careful to ask precisely the right questions with these sages, that's for sure!"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Ragin' Cajun of the Airwaves coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And let me tell ya that I was really raging yesterday evening when the computer ate my show by closing all my open windows. And I had such a great show keyed up and almost ready to air! Well I really don't have the heart to re-assemble that great show. So you'll just have to bear with the so-so show I've put together tonight.

First though this timely and important word from our sponsor. Do you ever wonder why there's all this racial strife in America? Don't you wish that whether black or white we could all get together and live in harmony? Well Black & White Scotch Whisky is the answer!

After half a bottle of Black & White we'll all be lying together in harmony passed out drunk on the floor, guaranteed!

Here now are the hits (well sort of anyway):

That's it for now! But tune in again tomorrow when I hope to have a better show."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Prisoner of Zenda' from 1979:

Another good fun Peter Sellers flick!"

Old 10-26-2021, 11:49 PM   #663
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! Yes this is Foxhound the top rock 'n roll animal on any side of the tracks coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Now yesterday I promised you I'd air a great show today and let it never be said that I'm not a fox of my word. A great show it will be, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, the Topper Motorized Monster Maker! Get yours today!

Here now are tonight's great hits:

That's it for now! But tune in again tomorrow when I should have just as good a show."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Legion' from 1998:

Not bad for a TV movie!"