Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2020, 07:24 PM   #19
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $26675
Give Thanks: 257
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Professor Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, the station with the hits!

And here it be already, Fat Tuesday which marks the final day of the Mardi Gras season with Lent starting tomorrow. I started out the day early with a heaping stack of pancakes from Betsy's Pancake House over on Canal Street:

These I smothered with butter and Acadian Maple syrup and Roscoe and I had them with several rashers of bacon on the side.

Fortified I was then for a morning of parades Uptown! Let's see, there was the Krewe of Zulu:

Krewe of Rex:

Followed by the Krewe of Elks Orleans and the Krewe of Crescent City! Wow! The floats, the costumes, the dancers, the spectacle! The popcorn!

The cotton candy!

The candy apples!

Bien sûr les bon temps ont roulé! And of course I've brought back lots of everything for me and Roscoe to share over the rest of the week.

But man, am I ever still on a high right now! So this calls for another show dedicated to the musicians of New Orléans:

This is Foxhound, your big daddy of all that's cool, signing off for today. Tune in again tomorrow!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-27-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:37 PM   #20
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Doctor Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, where we play the hits and nothing but the hits!

So that's it for Mardi Gras for another year. Yes, today is Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent and we all know that Lent is a time of penance. So does that give y'all the blues out there in radio land? Well if so, we also gots some of them blues right here on WOWW, yes we do!

But first a word from our sponsor, Noxzema Shave Cream:

If you have whiskers like mine, you're going to need Noxzema! And now for some of that blues:

So speaking of penance, I, your ever loving Foxhound have decided to do some penance of my own. Yes, I have decided to do my part. I solemnly swear on every Bible or whatever holy book you so choose that not a drop of alcoholic beverages will cross my lips during the Lenten season, and that includes even mouthwashes and rum flavouring in pastries! No, nothing, none for me. I hereby swear off alcohol completely for Lent!

And you too can do your part! No I don't expect you my loyal listeners to have the intestinal fortitude to swear off demon rum for Lent. But you can show your solidarity with me by making a generous contribution to the Heckhaven Wildlife Rehabilitation Center or the wildlife sanctuary of your choice in your own neck of the woods. So give generously! After all, it's Lent.

So that's it for today! Tune in again tomorrow."

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-27-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM   #21
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Man I sure hope these Monitor Audio Silver RS8 speakers that fell off the back of the delivery truck sound as good as the fellow promised:

Hmmmm, I'll just give a spin to a couple of my favourite speaker auditioning tunes:

Mmmmmm, oh yeah!

Hope those parts to increase WOWW's broadcast range arrive soon from Acme Transmitters though. I made a lot of promises to the sponsors I lined up and we're going to have to deliver.

And speaking of deliveries, here's the bag of a dozen cheeseburgers I ordered up from the Clover Grill over on Bourbon Street:

Roscoe will be pleased."

Old 02-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #22
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Professor Foxhound here on WOWW Radio where we play the hits!

And I've got a great show of some of the very best tracks featuring Hammond organ riffs lined up for you today! But first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Gold Label Cigars! The very best for those important social occasions like Mardi Gras balls. And now without further delay here are the hits:

And now I'd like to announce a further development on the Lenten penance front. I have convinced The MAN to join me in setting aside demon rum for Lent! That's right, The MAN, the one who's always helped me through lean times by putting out table scraps for me (although now that I'm a big time radio DJ with sponsors and all I've been eating rather well), has also pledged not to drink throughout Lent. Not surprising all things considered. Lent seems to be the time that big time New Orléans stockbrokers choose to dry out and give their livers a rest.

So I urge you my loyal listeners to show solidarity with our great sacrifice by yourselves contributing generously to the Heckhaven Wildlife Rehabilitation Center or the wildlife rescue organization of your choice.

Your reward should come when, ahhhhh ... well how the hell should I know? But contribute anyway!"

Old 02-27-2020, 10:22 PM   #23
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Mmmmmm, nothing like a couple of large rib eyes from Banks Meat Market on the grill out on the fire escape on a nice clear Louisiana evening!

Old Roscoe likes his rare of course but I've found that there's a certain random element when it comes to BBQing steaks.

I'll just set some mood music (love those new speakers!) for a quiet relaxing dinner and we'll see how it goes."

Old 02-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #24
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrroooowwww! Are you music lovers out there in radio land ready for the best in listening entertainment? Well then you've come to the right spot on the dial because I'm Doctor Foxhound and this is WOWW Radio where our mission is to deliver the very best!

I've got a great new show for you today, but first a word from our sponsor, the Dodge Boys!

Yes, we good folk at WOWW would like to see a car in every garage and a big Hemi in every car! That way you'll never have to worry about some punk kid with his nitrous injected rice rocket shutting you down on Canal Street.

We've already heard from the girls, so now it's time we heard from the boys!

That's it for today! Tune in again tomorrow."

Old 02-28-2020, 11:13 PM   #25
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Well now that advertising revenues are flowing into station coffers, we can now afford to purchase some long delayed necessities for the station kitchen cum break room:

While old Roscoe isn't much on soda pop, I'm sure he'll appreciate the hot dogs and popcorn. We sure went through the popcorn and other treats I brought back from the last day of Mardi Gras fast enough.

Well I guess it's time to clean up the premises. There's nobody else to do it and Roscoe certainly isn't one to clean up after himself downstairs at reception. Oh well. That comes with the territory of being the station manager I suppose.

Let's see, there's the sticks from the corn dogs, and a big mustard stain ... but where's the empty Chicken Delight bucket and all the pizza boxes and paper plates? Huh?! What's this? Just a torn corner of a pizza box? No, not torn, those are tooth marks! But, but that means he must have eaten everything, cardboard and all!!! At least he didn't eat the corn dog sticks anyway.

Oh well, heeee, heeee! I knew Roscoe had a healthy appetite. Hiring Roscoe to be the receptionist downstairs has sure turned out to be a great move. I thought his engaging personality and toothsome grin made him just right for the job and he was willing to work for table scraps, but now I see we also got a trash compactor in the bargain. Oh happy day! I guess I won't need to set aside funds for a trash compactor in the kitchen after all.

I think I'll relax with a few franks and a cold root beer and spin a couple of tunes by a favourite singer of mine from just up the road in Bâton Rouge."

Old 02-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #26
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Boy, I was delighted to see that the transmitter parts to boost WOWW's broadcast reach arrived this morning but they were a lot tougher to install than I thought. Tabernac, but it took me bloody near three hours. Oh well, let's see how it goes."

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Doctor Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, the station with all the hits!

Can you hear me now out there in Corpus Christi on the coast of Texas? Yes?! Great!

How about up there in southern Arkansas? Yes?! Excellent, excellent.

And in Jackson? Louder and clearer than ever you say?

And Montgomery? Yes?! Great, great!

And Tallahassee out there in Florida? Yes?! Yes! Hey we're really in business now!

I got a great show for all you listeners today, but first a word from our sponsor:

And we here at WOWW highly recommend that all you gentlemen get stroked every morning!

For all you beatniks out there in radio land, today we'll take a look at some of the very best in folk-rock!

Okay, that's it for today! You can all set out for your favourite uptown coffee shops now. But tune in again tomorrow!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 03-19-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #27
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Boy, I tell ya, Roscoe sure goes through them franks now that we've got the basket dog machine set up here in the kitchen. The silver lining though is that he hasn't bugged me to order the frog legs from Antoine's all day!

But since we're running low on franks, it's a good thing that I was able to get this tortilla chip warmer for the kitchen with the money I'd previously budgeted for a trash compactor that I know now we just don't need. Hot nachos and cheese would go over real good just about now!

I'll just throw a couple of discs on the turntable now and kick back."

Old 03-01-2020, 11:52 PM   #28
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is your rave fave, Lord Foxhound, coming to you live on WOWW Radio where we play nothing but the hits! I've got a big show lined up for all you listeners new and old today but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Ratz Crackers, chosen by nine out of ten rodents in the alleyways of this fair city!

So today's show is called "Motown Memories"!

That's it for this Sunday evening! Tune in again tomorrow."

"Boy, Roscoe and I have certainly been making short work of these franks and it'll only get worse when Zoltan finally arrives. Good thing I found a distributor from whom I can buy in bulk that carries a really good selection of different brands. Let's see, Nathan's, Sabrett, Lykes, Hebrew National, Oscar Mayer, Ball Park, Kahn's and even Schneiders Red Hots imported from Canada!

That's what we like here, a choice! We at WOWW don't cotton to our freedom of choice being restricted, no sir!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 04-01-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #29
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Professor Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, where we play all the hits!

We've got a great show dedicated to girl groups today, but first a word from our sponsor, Homelab.

Ladies, promise him anything but give him a Mad Mad Mad Scientist Laboratory:

It's what he really, really wants!

And now without further ado, here are the hits!

That's it for now. But be sure to tune in again tomorrow!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-28-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:34 PM   #30
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions. What kind of franks would go best with this bowl of popcorn as a snack this evening? I know, Lykes, the ones sold in the Lucky Dogs carts all over town!

Huh?! Now where's that mustard squeeze bottle? It should be right over here ... oh there it is behind my popcorn! For a second there I was afraid Roscoe might have gobbled it down with all those franks he's been eating. Oh well. I shouldn't complain since he's stopped badgering me about ordering up any of those expensive frog legs from Galatoire's, Arnaud's or Antoine's.

Now too is a good time to whip up a shake here in this super deluxe Hamilton Beach milkshake mixer I scored for the office kitchen earlier today:

Yes, things are really looking up with all the new sponsors I've been signing up. Time though to kick back with some music!"

Old 03-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #31
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Doctor Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, where we play the hits! I've got a show dedicated to some of the greatest duets in pop rock history today, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Winchester Cigars! Ideal for those situations like short elevator rides when you don't have time for a big full size cigar.

And now for the hits!

So we here at WOWW Radio remain committed to bringing you the finest in musical entertainment. So if you've got a complaint, a favourite show or have a special request, well then tell us! Keep those cards, letters and PMs coming."

Old 03-03-2020, 11:51 PM   #32
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"So I found just the thing we needed for the WOWW kitchen, a Blue Bell ice cream freezer!

Mmmmmm, ice cream!

Now I'll be able to enjoy a scoop or two anytime without even leaving the studio!"

Old 03-04-2020, 01:14 PM   #33
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Doctor Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, where we play the hits!

How many of you in these here parts have heard of Canada? You know that place way up north where they live in igloos and play hockey because it's always freezing, eat poutine and say "Eh!" all the time? Well I Foxhound will let you in on a little secret ... they've recorded some pretty good music up there in the Great White North as well! But before we get to the music, here's a word from our sponsor, Belch's Grape Juice:

So now let's listen to some tunes by our cousins from the Great White North!

So that's it for today's show. But be sure to keep those cards, letters and PMs coming!"

Old 03-04-2020, 10:08 PM   #34
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"There! That takes care of a major area of weakness here in the office kitchen!

While Frostie Root Beer is excellent indeed, when it comes to soda pop I do need more choice, lots of it! I'll just pour myself a cold one here and kick back with some music.

Man, those Monitor Audio RS8 speakers sure sound great!"

Old 03-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #35
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Lord Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, where we always play hits and more hits!

I've got some more great garage rock hits for all of you loyal listeners today, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, gentlemen, when you want to make a statement, nothing works better than a quick splash of Old Mice!

Now let's rock!

That's it for today! Tune in again tomorrow."

Last edited by Foxhound : 09-21-2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:29 AM   #36
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Oh man, I was wondering what more the kitchen here needed and then it dawned on me that I've been completely neglecting the break room aspect. And just look at this beauty I bought this afternoon now that it's up and running!

And this first pinball machine is only a start!

Now that the advertising revenues are flowing into WOWW coffers, I'll be able to turn this break room into the finest hangout/fox lair in the French Quarter."