Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2020, 11:13 PM   #91
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $26554
Give Thanks: 257
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on WOWW Radio and I've got a great show of sweet soul music all stacked up to play. First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Smell-O for those days when the kids have been little monsters or you're entertaining the in-laws!

And now for the hits:

That's it for me tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"Heeeee, heeee, heeee! Now that Nurse Madeline is gone for the evening, Roscoe and I are going to break into this box of Vachon Passion Flakies that my cousins up in Acadia sent down."

]

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 12:12 AM   #92
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowww!!! This is Brer Foxhound on WOWW Radio, the station with the best DJs on any side of the Mississippi! And we have the best rock on the block too. And we've got a great show tonight featuring some of the very best organ driven rock tunes ever, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, tickle your innards and slake your thirst with Mountain Dew! It hits the spot every time.

And now for the hits:

That's it for today! But tune in tomorrow for our special Easter show!"

"Hmmmmm, I see Nurse Madeline's already broken into this box of Mr. Big bars we got in the care package from my cousins in Canada.

Not surprising. They're delicious! Roscoe and I will just have to take care of the rest I suppose."

Old 04-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #93
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww! This is Professor Foxhound coming to you this Easter Sunday on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a special extended version of my show ready for you my loyal listeners on this equally special day.

First though a word from our sponsor - the Elmer Candy Corporation of Ponchatoula, Louisiana whose Crescent City origins can be traced all the way back to 1855!

Elmer's has since 1923 been producing the finest chocolate Easter eggs available on either side of the Mississippi. They're sold at every corner store in these here parts, but you better stock up quickly because they'll soon be gone from store shelves. That's right, they'll all be bought and devoured within a very few days. So get some today and treat yourselves!

Now here without further ado are the hits:

That's it for us today, but tune in again tomorrow!"

"Oh man, I am so stuffed! This being Easter, Nurse Madeline gave us special dispensation to indulge ourselves and boy did we ever! I ordered up a couple of baked hams from Mother's Restaurant on Poydras Street:

Madeline then mixed up some succotash plus Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner and we all dug in hungrily. And of course we've all been nibbling so to speak on Elmer's chocolate eggs all day!

Even Roscoe may have overdone it since he's looking a bit green around the gills right now."

Old 04-13-2020, 11:47 PM   #94
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Professor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW from the Crescent City! And I've got a great show for you this Monday evening but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, with the coronavirus running rampant in this fair city of ours, it's more important than ever to make sure you're meeting your minimum daily requirement for vitamins and minerals! So make sure to take your Chocks each and every day.

Time now to spin some tunes by some of the greatest male vocalists of all time!

That's it for me tonight! Tune in again tomorrow but in the meantime stay safe!"

"Hey, Lent's over so I don't have to maintain this free of drug and alcohol schtick any longer. This cold frosty root beer should go over real well right now though."

Last edited by Foxhound : 04-16-2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:39 PM   #95
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW.

First of all I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you all for the moral encouragement you provided as Roscoe, The MAN and I stayed away from drugs and alcohol during the forty days of Lent and for the generous donations you made to wildlife sanctuaries in support of our efforts! We could not have done it without you and I thank you all on behalf of our four footed friends.

Tonight's sponsor, the Audubon Zoo of New Orléans, would also like to convey their thanks for your kind support over the years and would like you all to know that the inmates, errrrrr I mean the permanent zoo residents are continuing to receive the finest of care during these difficult times.

The Audubon Zoo also pledges to re-open its gates to the public as soon as possible. So come out and visit again then! Rest assured zoo staff will do everything humanly possible to ensure that Valerio won't escape again as he did in July 2018 when he killed nine.

It was an accident though. Valerio says it was all a misunderstanding and he didn't mean any harm. He now promises to be kinder and gentler in future. Your children should be reasonably safe during your visit (well probably anyway).

Here now are the hits!

That's it for me this Tuesday evening! Tune in again tomorrow for more of the best in rock."

"Heeeee, heeee, heeee! What a bunch of suckers! Whoever heard of a fox drinking booze or taking drugs anyway? And The MAN is such a miserable old curmudgeon that he invented social distancing. He won't touch a drop of alcohol because he associates it with being sociable and he'd rather be caught dead than sociable. And our bayou dweller Roscoe? Get serious! Bone-in hams certainly, but alcohol? Ahhhhh, no."

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-27-2020 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:41 PM   #96
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowww!!! This is Foxhound your Godfather of Cool coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW from the French Quarter of New Orléans. Today we have another show celebrating artists from the Great White North, but first a word from Shari Lewis and friends:

Shari, she's the best!

And now for the hits!

That's it for me tonight! But keep those cards and letters coming and tune in again tomorrow."

Old 04-16-2020, 10:16 PM   #97
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we have not only the best in DJs but the best in rock music! And tonight I have another great show lined up for all you prog goons out there, but first a word from our sponsor!

Yes, Big Mouth, for all you guys who like to throw them back and all you girls who like to attract that kind of guy!

So here it is, tonight's lineup of prog hits!

That's it for tonight, but tune in again tomorrow!"

"Boy, Roscoe, Madeline and I have almost worked through all the Elmer's Easter Eggs:

Mmmmm, so good!"

Old 04-17-2020, 11:09 PM   #98
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww! This is Foxhound your mad man of rock on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a really great show for all you avid listeners tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

'The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends'; still available at better TV stations coast-to-coast!

I compiled this special edition of my show with Madeline's assistance. It contains useful tips on dressing for success for both debutantes and strumpets:

That's it for us tonight! Tune in again tomorrow."

"The special batch of Dr. Nut soda pop I ordered for the studio just arrived today!

Just about everybody in this fair city still remembers Dr. Nut and misses its unique taste. But here at WOWW we have some now!

Last edited by Foxhound : 04-21-2020 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:14 PM   #99
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Brer Foxhound here on WOWW Radio and I's gots a whole ceramic pot full of glam rock for all you listeners out in radioland tonight! But first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Slopsicle, the slimy treat on a stick! Nine out of ten kids choose Slopsicles over getting their mouths washed out with soap.

And now that you've all had time to slap on some eye glitter, here are the hits!

That's it for tonight! But we'll be back tomorrow."

"Boy, Nurse Madeline's getting pretty good at these pinball machines! She knows how to jiggle just enough not to TILT them. Still be a good long while before she can beat an old master like me though.

I got a great deal on a new old stock Panasonic Viera 65" plasma TV that had been gathering dust in a back room since earlier in the decade:

Plasma TVs were always the best. Madeline, Roscoe and I therefore had a great movie night with hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, Pepsi and Dr. Nut. On the bill was this all-time classic from 1961, 'Gorgo':

Hopefully we'll have many more!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 04-21-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #100
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww! This is Doctor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we bring you the very best in rock music entertainment! And tonight we're going to feature some of the very best harmonica tracks to ever crack the Billboard charts, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Tipalets! They do the trick every time with Tipalets.

And now for the hits:

That's it for us tonight! But tune in again tomorrow for more great music."

"Movie night in the employee lounge here in the studio again - Hammer Film Productions' classic from 1958, 'Horror of Dracula', with Christopher Lee starring in the role none could play better!"

Old 04-20-2020, 11:28 PM   #101
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww! This is your main man of rock, Foxhound, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great Motown Memories show all stacked up to play tonight, but first a word from our sponsor, the Dodge Boys!

Dodge, they're designed for the man in a hurry like TV Tommy Ivo here:

When TV Tommy Ivo needs to get up Canal Street fast, he chooses Dodge. So should you (unless of course you're a spineless little twerp who drives a Volvo or something).

Now here they are, the hits!

That's it until tomorrow! Tune in again then."

"Tonight's feature, 'The Last Man on Earth' from 1964!

A Vincent Price classic and it couldn't be any more timely!"

Old 04-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #102
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwwww! This is Professor Foxhound with more of the hits on Hit Radio WOWW from the French Quarter. C'est ça! And we'll be featuring more of the best in girl groups tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

The 'Deputy Dawg Show', still available at select TV stations coast-to-coast!

And now for the hits:

That's it for tonight! Tune in again tomorrow."

"Tonight's feature flick is another classic best suited for viewing in drive-in theatres, but we don't exactly have that option these days so....

Old 04-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #103
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! I've got a whole bucket full of hits tonight for all you listeners out there in radioland, but first a word from our sponsor - Louisiana's own Zapp's Potato Chips!

Real Cajun flavours kettle cooked in peanut oil right here in Gramercy, Louisiana since 1985! You'll love them. Roscoe and I here at WOWW Radio eat them all the time, and even Nurse Madeline sneaks a bag or two when noone's looking.

Tonight we're going to sample some of the best releases from Blondie:

That's it for tonight! Tune in again tomorrow for more of the best in rock."

"Tonight we're staying safe once again in the employee lounge, eating Zapp's Potato Chips and viewing another all-time classic, 'Invasion of the Saucer-Men':

Fabulous! One of the best movies of all time. It should have swept the Oscars for 1957.

Last edited by Foxhound : 04-25-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:35 PM   #104
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Professor Foxhound on Hit Radio WOWW and tonight I'm going to feature some of the very best tracks of all time from Chess Records. But first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Hobgoblin Ale! For those who like to taste something while they're getting sloshed!

Now here are the hits:

That's it for us tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"Tonight's feature flick in the employee lounge, 'The Land That Time Forgot':

Hmmmm, excellent pteranodons and triceratops, decent allosauruses, a WWI German U-boat and lots of action! The plesiosaur was lousy though (too thick-headed) and the girl never stripped down. Still a very good flick all in all."

Old 04-24-2020, 10:49 PM   #105
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Lord Foxhound, your Doctor of Cool, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW!

Yes, Marx Sound-O-Power rifles! They're what every mother dreads and what every young boy wants. So get your grandson one for his birthday!

I tell you though, the newspapers are full of so much doom and gloom now that it's downright spooky! And the streets are like a ghost town.

That's it for us today! But tune in again tomorrow."

"Tonight's feature presentation from the WOWW employee lounge stars Basil Rathbone, the one, the only, true Sherlock Holmes!

Basil Rathbone is Sherlock Holmes! Accept no substitutes. Maybe he's the one we need to find the answer to this Wuhan virus thing."

Old 04-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #106
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Just five weeks ago the streets outside the studio would have been buzzing with activity on a Saturday afternoon. But now it's a ghost town out there:

But, hey, I can't complain! I just took delivery of this fabulous 'Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons!' pinball machine for the employee lounge:

Released by Stern in 2016, it was the first new electro-mechanical pinball machine produced in over 36 years! And it doesn't just look great, it plays great too!"

Old 04-25-2020, 10:28 PM   #107
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww! This is Lord Foxhound, the Prince of Rockness, here on Hit Radio WOWW. And tonight we'll be featuring the best in garage rock, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Mrs. Wheat's Louisiana Meat Pies are the finest on either side of the Mississippi! They're so good that they never last here in our WOWW kitchen. Roscoe and I go through whole batches at a time.

And now for the hits:

That's it for tonight! But keep those cards and letters coming and tune in again tomorrow."

"Tonight's feature flick, 'Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah' from 1991:

The real Godzilla, really big, really destructive, not at all altruistic or neighbourly. And so too King Ghidorah. Rather a silly and convoluted plot involving time travellers from the future though."

Old 04-26-2020, 11:15 PM   #108
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Brer Foxhound your doctor of schlock, errrr rock, that's right, rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And tonight I have another Psychedelic Sunday all lined up to play for you my loyal listeners but first a word from our sponsor:

Do you fellows think it matters if your big Hemi puts out 700+ horsepower if you can't get that power down to the ground? If you're simply spinning your tires at the stop light while grandpa shuts you down with his 1930's vintage coupe with its flathead mill, you've got a problem. Well the solution is a set of these Pro-Trac tires! They're guaranteed to grip the pavement when you're racing for pink slips on Canal Street.

And here now that you've had a chance to fire up your bong are the hits!

That's it for us tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"Tonight's feature flick is 'The People That Time Forgot' from 1977:

It's the sequel to 'The Land That Time Forgot' but it doesn't live up to the standard set by its predecessor. So a great poster, but a lousy movie."

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-27-2020 at 04:53 PM.