Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #109
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $26432
Give Thanks: 257
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Man, with everybody crying for business, there's all kinds of great deals to be found out there! I just scored this fabulous Centipede arcade game for chump change:

It'll look great beside all the pinball machines!"

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #110
dr wu
Dr Prog

Gameroom cash: $2944
Give Thanks: 14
Re: WOWW Radio!

So...what do you consider chump change for that arcade machine...?
dr wu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #111
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hmmmmmm. Man, that Centipede game is fun! I'm going to see what other full size arcade machines I can find in like new condition for around 300 clams. Crazy Taxi, Paperboy or Hydro Thunder would be great!"

Old 04-27-2020, 11:17 PM   #112
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Professor Foxhound here on Hit Radio WOWW. I have a great show unlike any other so far all stacked up to play tonight but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Bazooka remains the choice of Young America! But those of us in the know, whether young or old, always go for Bazooka both because it tastes great and blows bigger bubbles:

And our studio here at WOWW is most certainly big time bubble gum country!

And now for the hits:

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow for more good rocking fun."

"Mmmmmm, was that ever a good hearty supper tonight! The MAN's old aunt cooked up a potful of koldūnai for us all here at the studio:

Koldūnai look a lot like Ukrainian or Polish pierogies but they're filled with ground meat, and of course served smothered with melted butter, bacon bits, green onions, mushrooms, grated cheddar cheese and sour cream. Even Nurse Madeline said not a word about the cholesterol load. And Roscoe? He never counts. He just keeps eating as long as the vittles keep coming."

Last edited by Foxhound : 05-02-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:53 PM   #113
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! Lord Foxhound here on Hit Radio WOWW! If you're looking for the best in rock entertainment, well you've come to the right place. Here at Hit Radio WOWW we deliver!

Tonight we're going to be taking another look at some of the best folk rock tunes of all time, but first a word from our sponsor, Night Train Express!

Yes, if you're not exactly in Diamond Jim Brady's league but you still absolutely, positively need to get there fast, Night Train is just the ticket. It'll do the job, guaranteed! Just a few swigs and you'll be zonked, smashed even! Rated #1 by those once in the know (but no longer for obvious reasons).

And now for the hits!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow or whenever you want to rock."

"Man, it's sad to see. While we at WOWW have been fortunate, so many people these days are on a low budget because of this Wuhan virus thing."

Old 04-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #114
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!!! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we deliver the rock - guaranteed! And you listeners are really going to have to steel yourselves against an aural assault tonight because I have some of the most strident and jarring acid rock tunes ever recorded all stacked up to play tonight!

But first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, 'Casper and Friends', on better TV stations from coast-to-coast!

You've heard of shock and awe? Well you ain't heard nothing till you hear these tracks!

That's it for tonight. But keep those cards, letters, death threats, etc. coming and tune in again tomorrow!"

"Tonight's feature presentation from the WOWW employee lounge is another all-time classic Sherlock Holmes flick - 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' from 1939!

Truly excellent!"

Old 04-30-2020, 10:11 AM   #115
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Interesting! I just got this letter of application for a position at WOWW from one of our ardent listeners, Valerio!"

"My name is Valerio. One night a couple of summers ago, I was a naughty little jaguar. Perhaps you heard.

On a whim, I escaped my enclosure and chomped several fellow residents of the Audubon Zoo.

My bad.

Had I known so many humans would be so upset about some alpacas going hooves up. … I still would have done it!

Because I am a jaguar. And you can take the jaguar out of the jungle, but you can’t take the jungle out of the jaguar.

Truth be told, I was never in the jungle. I was born in San Diego, where it’s so civilized that not even the humans kill each other. I’ve never lived in the wild. Prior to that memorable night in July, I’d never offed anything.

So when given the opportunity — actually, I created the opportunity — I didn’t waste it.

Ix Chel, my late roommate in the Jaguar Jungle, tried to talk me out of it. 'What are you doing, Valerio?' she said, sounding like my mother. 'They bring us food every day! We don’t need to hunt!'

And where is Ix Chel now? Dead of kidney failure, having never tasted freedom. Or alpaca.

She was 21 — an old lady in jaguar years. I am a 5-year-old male in my prime, ready for action.

And boy, did I find action!

I was patient. I bided my time. I watched. I listened. I explored my surroundings. I sniffed out a weakness. I bit through wire up near the roof, where no one would notice.

It was my own escape from Alcatraz.

Once I was free, it was game on. As I explained to Ix Chel, I wasn’t hunting. I was killing. And I must say — I liked it. I liked it a lot!

Fun fact: I am officially the only jaguar IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE to bag an emu.

In the wild, emus and jaguars live on different continents, separated by the Pacific Ocean. At the Audubon Zoo, conveniently enough, we were separated by a bit of landscaping and some wire mesh that proved no match for my crazy-strong bite.

When I first arrived at the zoo in February 2018, my caretakers described me on social media as a 'big, lovable goofball.'

And I am! I am! I’m a big, lovable goofball who just happens to enjoy, you know, slaughtering things.

The comedian Chris Rock did a great bit about the time a trained white Bengal tiger attacked illusionist Roy Horn, of Siegfried and Roy. At the time, people said the tiger went 'crazy.' 'That tiger didn’t go crazy,' Rock joked. 'That tiger went tiger.'

Exactly. And I went jaguar.

Once upon a time, white tigers were Audubon’s star attraction. The tigers long ago departed for that great jungle in the sky.

Now I am the zoo’s resident bad boy. I’m back on display in what is supposedly a much stronger, 'escape-proof' enclosure.

We’ll see. I’ve got nothing but time.

Meanwhile, come on down to the Audubon Zoo, and hear me roar.

Your favorite lovable goofball,

Valerio"

"Hmmmm. Valerio's kind have some skills I see:

And I've been giving some thought to hiring a security chief here for our studios. A fellow never can tell when the fascist types with the FCC might come calling."

Old 04-30-2020, 10:24 PM   #116
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"So how are all you listeners out there in radio land this balmy spring evening? Are you ready to rock? Well then you've come to the right spot on the dial because I'm Professor Foxhound and we here at Hit Radio WOWW always deliver the goods! Tonight we're going to be showcasing one of the top bands of all time, the Kinks! First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Marble King! I don't know about the rest of you out there in radio land, but I've still got all my marbles. I used to keep them in a cookie canister but about ten years ago I transferred them into a goldfish bowl which I keep on top of the kitchen pantry. So nobody can say that I've lost my marbles. I still know exactly where they are!

And now here are the hits:

That's it for tonight! but tune in again tomorrow for the best rock entertainment on the block."

"Tonight's feature flick is 'Brides of Blood' from 1968:

A luscious setting, but an all too predictable plot with a ridiculous monster."

Old 05-01-2020, 10:42 PM   #117
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a whole bunch of British Invasion hits all stacked up to play for you tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Tootsie Rolls! Still an important part of a well balanced diet. Be sure to reach for a couple dozen at your corner store.

And now for the hottest wax south of the Mason-Dixon line!

That's it for tonight! But be surn to tune in again tomorrow."

"Tonight's feature flick is 'Creature' from 1985:

Hmmmm. The first crew just wasn't as smart as that on the Nostradamus, or maybe they just hadn't seen the movie 'Alien'.

Old 05-02-2020, 01:40 PM   #118
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Oh man, The MAN's old aunt baked up a few dozen kibinai for us here at the studio:

Mmmmmm, Roscoe is beside himself with delight. So good!

Hey, it's here! I managed to score a Crazy Taxi arcade game for the employee lounge earlier this week:

I'm a natural at it because the driving needed in the game conforms to my normal everyday driving style."

Last edited by Foxhound : 05-03-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:59 PM   #119
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrroowww!!! This is Hit Radio WOWW and I'm your main man of rock, Foxhound, with a stackful of hits for y'all this early May evening. First though a paid public service announcement from the United Street Racers Association of New Orléans:

Yes, believe it or not but there are elements of society which would stamp out the rights of hot rodders to race on the street! Well we here at WOWW stand in solidarity with not just the hot rodders of New Orléans but with hot rodders from coast-to-coast. We support them in their valiant struggle against soccer moms and other killjoys!

So tonight we're bringing back the girls!

"That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

Old 05-03-2020, 11:35 PM   #120
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww! Yes, it's that time again! Time to tune in to Lord Foxhound on Hit Radio WOWW for the best rock entertainment on the block.

Tonight we have a special program devoted to a band that virtually defined the blues-rock genre, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, IPA is a real man's brew! So full bodied that women and kids need not apply. It's brewed for only those who actually like beer.

And now for the hits:

Both Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were mega cool! Pity they couldn't get along. But that's it for tonight. Tune in again tomorrow."

"Tonight's feature flick was released in 1954 but remains one of the greatest cinematic triumphs of all time!

'Creature from the Black Lagoon' is right up there with 'Invasion of the Saucer-Men' and 'Gorgo' among the greatest films of all time."

Old 05-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #121
Wheeds
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $2079
Give Thanks: 1
Re: WOWW Radio!

My wife and I watched Creature from the Black Lagoon. She hadn't seen it before.

Loved the seen where they all freaked out that the heroine had swam too far away - and they told her to wait there while they lifted the anchor and moved the boat! Not like she was in any distress, and she could have swum back with the same effort as treading water...
Wheeds is offline   Reply With Quote
These Users say Thanks to Wheeds:
Old 05-04-2020, 10:43 PM   #122
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Professor Foxhound, the hit master of New Orléans, coming to you live this Monday evening on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got another great show devoted to the artists of the Great White North all stacked up to play for you my listeners but first a word or two from our sponsor, Swell El Bubble Cigars:

Yes kids, if there's anything that annoys old biddies more than cigars, it's kids pretending to smoke cigars! And these cigars are absolutely delicious. And with just one of these cigars you'll have such a huge wad in your mouth that you'll be blowing bubbles that will make you the envy of your block and get you a quick trip to the principal's office if you blow them in class. Take it from one who knows. That's right, me, Foxhound!

And now for the hits!

That's it for us tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"Man these Zapp's Voodoo chips are addictive!

A 25 pack is just perfect for Roscoe and me though during tonight's feature which is another all-time classic, Hammer Films' 'Vampire Lovers' from 1970:

Last edited by Foxhound : 06-17-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #123
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Oh groan! Roscoe and I are really in for it now. Nurse Madeline just realized that we razed through an entire 25 pack of Zapp's Voodoo chips yesterday evening. She's laying down the law and saying we have to cut back before we start adding to our waist lines (although I'm not quite sure where she measures Roscoe's). So we're going to have to eschew the sweets for a few days anyway...."

Old 05-05-2020, 11:15 PM   #124
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowww! This is Foxhound, the Doctor of Cool, coming to you live this evening on HIT Radio WOWW! And I've got a great show dedicated to the best in country rock this Tuesday evening but first a word from our sponsor, DC's 'Green Lantern'!

For the very best in reading entertainment ask for 'Green Lantern' comics by name at your local comic shop!

And here now are the hits:

That's it for me tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"No marshmallows for Roscoe or me tonight. But since we're screening another great Hammer flick in the lounge we really have no cause to complain!

Mmmmmm, Ursula Andress!"

Old 05-06-2020, 11:08 AM   #125
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hey! The two fabulous PEZ vending machines that I scored over the weekend for the employee lounge just arrived!

Now all I need is Nurse Madeleine's dispensation to fill them...."

Old 05-06-2020, 10:53 PM   #126
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!!! This is your top rock & roll animal on any board, Foxhound, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got a whole spindle full of sweet soul music to play tonight, yes I do! But first a word from our sponsor, the Louisiana Association for the Advancement of Skateboarding.

There's a silver lining behind every cloud, and there's one during these Wuhan pandemic times as well. That's because the roads and thoroughfares are nearly empty and it's time we the environmentally aware non-gas powered free wheelers took them back!

And skateboarding is so easy that even a rank beginner can get up to speed in no time flat! All a fellow needs to do is step on board and then let gravity do the rest. Just remember, no guts, no glory!

And now for the hits!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"Another snackless evening, but Christopher Lee stars in tonight's feature flick so it's not all bad."