Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2020, 11:56 PM   #217
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $25707
Give Thanks: 237
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is your ever loving Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. I've really had to dig deep to find artists I've not yet featured for tonight's installment of our ever popular Psychedelic Sunday show but I think I've succeeded.

First though I'd like to give a shout out to one of our most loyal listeners, Dr. Wu, who celebrated yet another birthday yesterday (although in the interests of discretion we won't say which one). Hopefully we'll all celebrate many more!

And now a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Scums! Nurse Madeline prescribes a few for Roscoe and me everyday to curb our appetite and thus keep our weight down.

And now let's get our our hit-fest rolling!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Diary of a Madman' from 1963:

It's a good one!"

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:02 AM   #218
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Foxhound the one and only Marquis de Pontchartrain coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show all stacked up to play tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

Topps Gold Rush Bubble Gum has been a favourite of mine ever since I first saw those enticing little bags at my corner variety store. Absolutely delicious! In Grape and Cherry flavours as well as the original Fruit.

Tonight's spotlight is on the Box Tops, an excellent band that's not gotten much play on our show to this point simply because their recordings are so difficult to categorize:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Spider Woman' from 1943:

Wow! Deadly spiders, African pygmies, a femme fatale with the emphasis on the last word and Sherlock Holmes. 'Nuff said!"

Old 07-28-2020, 11:00 PM   #219
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Seigneur Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And tonight we have another tranche of some of the greatest hits that have come down out of Canada over the years. First though a word or three from our sponsor:

Yes, Play-Doh! America's favourite modelling compound for nearly 65 years. At your local store!

Here now are the hits:

Old 07-30-2020, 12:32 AM   #220
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwwww!!! This is your main man Foxhound, the doctor of cool coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW from the heart of New Orléans! And I've got another great show featuring some of the greatest guitarists of all time, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Gritos! For those who settle for mass market Mexican snack foods because they're afraid to venture into the neighbourhoods where real life Mexicans live.

So make sure those drool cups are tightly fastened now because here are the hits!

Muddy Waters

George Harrison

Johnny Winter

Duane Allman

David Gilmour

That's it for me tonight! But tune in again tomorrow.

Old 07-31-2020, 12:22 AM   #221
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hey, hey, hey, are you listeners out there in radio land ready to rock? Well then this is your friendly neighbourhood baltic fox, and I've got the goods! Yes, that's right, it's me, Foxhound, the doctor of style here in the Big Easy, and I'm coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we play nothing but the hits! Tonight we'll be featuring another excellent band from which we haven't heard yet simply because they defy categorization, that being Union Gap with the great Gary Puckett on vocals. First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Thunderbird! You can pay more, a lot more, but you won't get there any faster. Thunderbird is for the efficiency expert in you and everybody!

Here now are the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Blood Suckers' from 1971:

A very good cast, but it's pretty slow and boring actually."

Old 07-31-2020, 11:35 PM   #222
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is your rave fave, Professor Foxhound, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show for all you real frantic ones tonight dedicated to some of the very best hit makers from Australia. First though this paid public service announcement:

For a sandwich up to our quality standards here at WOWW, you first need to start with all the right ingredients of course:

And now for the hits!

Old 08-01-2020, 11:32 PM   #223
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Monsignor Foxhound spreading the gospel of rock on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a great show for all you real frantic ones this evening featuring some of the top hits of those masters of swamp rock, Creedence Clearwater Revival! First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Ramm's Beer! It'll leave you cross-eyed and addled. Ideal for those evenings when you're out on the back porch overlooking the bayou!

And now for the hits!