Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $60397
Give Thanks: 463
Bruce Springsteen Releases Legendary 1978 Passaic, New Jersey Concert

Hear “Meeting Across the River” from the September 19th, 1978 gig at Capitol Theatre

There’s no shortage of beloved Bruce Springsteen bootlegs out there in the fan community, but one of the most cherished ones was taped at the Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey on September 19th, 1978. It was a smoking hot night midway through the Darkness on the Edge of Town tour when the E Street Band was in absolute prime form, and a broadcast on WNEW-FM New York and nine other Northeast stations meant that it was pressed onto vinyl with weeks and sold nationwide at hole-in-the-wall record stores that didn’t care about pesky things like copyright law. (The most famous bootleg from the show was called Piece De Resistance, but there were many others.)

It’s taken 41 years, but Springsteen’s team has finally dug out the original multi-track tapes, remixed them and placed the show for sale to fans as part of Springsteen’s ongoing live archive series. This has always been one of the best-sounding Springsteen bootlegs, but this new version makes all prior versions obsolete.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...oncert-881076/

MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
dwill123
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $3786
Give Thanks: 0
Re: Bruce Springsteen Releases Legendary 1978 Passaic, New Jersey Concert

As rundown and dank as the Capitol Theatre was I saw some of the best concerts there. Sadly I did not ever see Bruce there. I did see Genesis (with Gabriel and Phil Collins on drums), Chuck Berry. The first time I saw the Mahavishnu Orchestra was at the Capitol. Johnny Winter, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Weather Report and countless others.