Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2020, 12:03 AM   #289
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $28037
Give Thanks: 264
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Brer Foxhound from the Bayou coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! Now these past two weeks I've been trying to present the entire spectrum of hits for all you Rainbow Warriors out there. Today though I'm going to top the whole series off with white which I'm sure you all know is all the colours of the rainbow put together!

First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, with cat's eye marbles you'll be the marble king of the neighbourhood and what's better than that?

Here now are the hits!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

Foxhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:31 PM   #290
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"This is Foxhound your mad man of rock back on Hit Radio WOWW this evening! You may have noticed that there was a slight unanticipated interruption in our programming yesterday evening. It was all the result of my ill advised attempt to match Roscoe in a pizza eating contest. Roscoe has a tendency to get overexcited when it comes to eating though and in the heat of the action he gobbled up the notes I'd prepared for yesterday's program. Meanwhile I'd put in a such a valiant effort myself trying to keep up with Roscoe pizza-for-pizza that I really didn't feel up to the task of redoing my work. You might say that I didn't have the stomach for it. Nurse Madeline just rolled her eyes and said it was high time I accepted the reality that I was no longer as young as I used to be and couldn't eat the same way anymore.

Oh well. Nonetheless I've got another great show stacked up to play tonight featuring some of Santana's greatest hits! First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Hepcat who knows his kitty crunchies swears by Alley Cat!

Here now are the hits!

"I thought this 'Terror on a Train' flick from 1953 was going to be a horror movie but it wasn't:

Still good though!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 10-25-2020 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:03 AM   #291
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is your rave fave, Lord Foxhound, coming to you live on WOWW Radio! Before we get to tonight's show, here's a word from our sponsor:

Yes, visit Jungle Cat World in Orono, Ontario and get up close and personal with the animals! Most don't bite, at least not often.

What the hell, let's play some Stones today!

Old 10-21-2020, 11:37 PM   #292
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"This is Foxhound on Hit Radio WOWW. In memory of one of the leading lights of the British Invasion, Spencer Davis (17 July 1939 – 19 October 2020), who passed away on Monday while being treated for pneumonia, tonight's show will feature some of the Spencer Davis Group's biggest hits.

First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Hairball Cotton Candy! So good it will have you coughing up coinage to buy more!

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-22-2020, 11:31 PM   #293
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live and off colour on Hit Radio WOWW. Now over these past few weeks I've been presenting the entire spectrum of hits for all you Rainbow Warriors out there. But for those of you who've had it up to here with all them colours, today's show will feature tracks celebrating the absence of all colour!

First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, if all those cloying ads for Fleischmann's and other 'healthy' substitutes for butter have been turning your stomach, Black Cat Margarine is the spread for you.

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-23-2020, 10:20 PM   #294
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Lord Foxhound here on Hit Radio WOWW Radio, where we play nothing but the hits! And I've got some of the very best tracks ever released on the Chess label all stacked up and ready to play, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, for a shell-out treat Kit Kats can't be beat! Kit Kats though need to be stashed well out of reach prior to the big day because otherwise they have a strange tendency to disappear.

Here though are the hits:

Old 10-24-2020, 11:49 PM   #295
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowww!!! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another tranche of British Invasion hits all stacked up and ready to play for you real frantic ones tonight, but first these words from our sponsors:

Yes, Hostess GloBalls! All the good taste and nutrition of regular Hostess SnoBalls but with added artificial food colouring for the Halloween season! Get 'em at your local grocery store before they're gone.

Your night vision not what it used to be? Tired of stubbing your toe in the dark while sneaking downstairs for a midnight snack? Well a Black Cat Night Light is the answer. At your local hardware store.

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-25-2020, 11:23 PM   #296
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!!! This is Foxhound the Count of Canal Street coming to you live and off colour on Hit Radio WOWW with another edition of my Psychedelic Sunday Show! I know you've all been waiting for this one but hang on just a few minutes longer for these words from tonight's sponsors:

Have you ever wanted to play blues harp like Sonny Boy Williamson, Little Walter or Junior Wells? Well new for the Halloween season this year are these Wowee Whistles which will have you well on the way to becoming a legendary bluesman in minutes. But only if you can resist the tantalizing allure of wax, sugar, artificial colouring and flavouring and not chomp down on them of of course.

Yes, Cougars of every colour are on display at your local Mercury-Lincoln dealer! In the interests of full disclosure though we need to inform our listeners that neither the blonde with the big hair nor the big cat are standard equipment at the suggested retail price. Those are options which add to the base price of the underlying vehicle.

Here now are the hits!

Last edited by Foxhound : 11-02-2020 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:31 PM   #297
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwwww! This is Doctor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW with more of the best wax in town. First though I have a special announcement. With our unwavering commitment to the health and well being of both our employee complement and studio guests, we here at WOWW have made the decision to add some much needed depth to our medical staff. We are accordingly adding a candy stripper, errrr I mean striper, yes a candy striper to work with Nurse Madeline in keeping the WOWW studios sanitary and ensuring everyone's good health. Today therefore I'm proud to welcome Imogen to our staff:

One look at her resume and other personal attributes and it was clear to me that Imogen was both hard working and eager to please and would fit right in at our studios.

I've got another great show all stacked up to play for all you prog goons out there today, but first a word or two from our sponsors:

Indeed. What will Elvira do with her pumpkins if Halloween is cancelled?

Yes, see 'Cats'! And then drop into your local shelter and adopt a couple.

Here now are the hits!

Old 10-28-2020, 12:35 AM   #298
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww! This is your rave fave DJ Lord Foxhound coming to you live here on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a great show for those of you who are still undecided when it comes to colour all stacked up to play, but first these words from our sponsors:

If you want your home to be the hit of the block this Halloween, Zapp's Potato Chips are the answer. There are 25 Halloween treat size snack bags of indescribably delicious Zapp's Potato Chips in each Variety Pack. Ideal for luring youngsters to your door!

Yes, light up your neighbourhood this Halloween with Black Cat Neon Lights! They may be able to cancel trick or treating, but they can't cancel your God given right to fire off explosives, no sir!

Here now are the hits!

Old 10-28-2020, 10:40 PM   #299
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Brer Foxhound on Hit Radio WOWW where we just keep on hitting! And tonight's show will be no exception as we're bringing back the ever popular garage rockers. First though a few words from our sponsors:

Yes, if you want to be good to your goblins there's no better way than shelling out Baby Ruth and Butterfingers candy bars. Available in economical forty packs for Halloween!

Yes, 9 Lives Western Menu gets every feline's seal of approval!

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-29-2020, 10:20 AM   #300
dr wu
Dr Prog

Gameroom cash: $3522
Give Thanks: 15
Re: WOWW Radio!

I was lucky enough to have met Donovan once after a small show at a folk club in Indiana...his sister was getting married in Porter,IN near Valparaiso ,IN where we saw him.
Very nice man....
dr wu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:22 AM   #301
dr wu
Dr Prog

Gameroom cash: $3522
Give Thanks: 15
Re: WOWW Radio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwwww! This is Doctor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW with more of the best wax in town. First though I have a special announcement. With our unwavering commitment to the health and well being of both our employee complement and studio guests, we here at WOWW have made the decision to add some much needed depth to our medical staff. We are accordingly adding a candy stripper, errrr I mean striper, yes a candy striper to work with Nurse Madeline in keeping the WOWW studios sanitary and ensuring everyone's good health. Today therefore I'm proud to welcome Imogen to our staff:

One look at her resume and other personal attributes and it was clear to me that Imogen was both hard working and eager to please and would fit right in at our studios.

I've got another great show all stacked up to play for all you prog goons out there today, but first a word or two from our sponsors:

Indeed. What will Elvira do with her pumpkins if Halloween is cancelled?

Yes, see 'Cats'! And then drop into your local shelter and adopt a couple.

Here now are the hits!

Love the prog....was all that just for me...?
dr wu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:26 PM   #302
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Rock Master Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! Before we get into tonight's show, I'd like to say that we here at WOWW strive to be inclusive. We don't target any specific market or demographic with our play lists; we try to reach the broad cross section of rock music lovers here in the Gulf Coast area as well as all those tuning in on the internet. That's why I Foxhound try so hard to mix it up. I don't want our programming to get stale and predictable.

Tonight we're going to listen in on another tranche of Motown Memories, but first these words from our sponsor, Rubie's Costumes!

Monster High

Yes, Rubie's costumes are ideal in this day and age of social distancing. Wear any of these outfits in public and everybody else will think you're some kind of weird-oh and stay well away from you!

Here now are the hits!

Old 10-30-2020, 10:28 PM   #303
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your one and only Baron de Bienville coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW this clear and crisp Friday evening! Before we get into tonight's scheduled programming, I'd just like to say that our latest hire Imogen is fitting in very nicely here at the studio. She's tackled her duties with enthusiasm and has already outfitted herself with an attractive uniform befitting her new position:

Tonight we're going to be spotlighting some of the hits of one of the most ubiquitous chart topping groups of the sixties, the 4 Seasons! First though these words from our sponsor:

Yes, Treasure Chests are chock full of little Halloween novelties ideal for filling out Halloween treat bags stuffed with chocolates, bubble gum, jelly beans and candy kisses.

Here now are the hits:

Old 10-31-2020, 05:22 PM   #304
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is your Hound of the Bayou, physical embodiment of the spirit of the Cajun people living and deceased, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW from the heart of New Orléans! And I've got a very special Halloween show keyed up to play today, but first these words from our sponsors starting with a gracious invitation from Madame Bourbon:

Broomstick Rides of Basin Street will be offering special rates for all WOWW listeners during the month of November! So drop in at their luxurious Basin Street premises and let one of Madame Bourbon's lovely and friendly attendants give you the ride of your life!

Here now is Elvira with a message from the Pumpkin Growers Association of America:

And pumpkins carved into jack-o-lanterns make for ideal scarecrow heads!

Yes, no one will dare pilfer your fields when they're guarded by these scarecrows!

Here now are the hits:

That concludes our special Halloween show! But tune in again tomorrow."

Old 11-02-2020, 12:42 AM   #305
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Rockman Foxhound here on Hit Radio WOWW! I have another great show today featuring hits from our neighbours up near the Arctic in Canada.

First though a few additional words of elucidation from a previous sponsor. Ever since we ran the commercial for Mercury Cougar a week ago, we've been receiving a flood of letters and wires demanding to know whether it can run as well as it looks. Well rest assured your friendly local Mercury-Lincoln dealer has all the parts you need to turn your Cougar into a blistering performer at the stoplights or even the track. In fact the Wood Brothers have for over sixty years been hopping up their Mercury stockers to give the likes of even Richard Petty a run for his money at Daytona and Talladega!

So yes, properly kitted out your Mercury can run with anybody and even away from nasty lawyers brandishing inconvenient paternity suits!

Here now are the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Dr. Terror's House of Horrors' from 1965:

While the individual skits were pretty good, the whole movie was predicated on predictions which not only did not but could not unfold."

Old 11-03-2020, 12:31 AM   #306
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowww!!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got a great show all stacked up to play tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, next time you're in Vilnius drop in at the Cat Cafe. Hepcat swears that it's the best place in the world!

Here now are some of the greatest hits released on Stax Records!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Cat and the Canary' from 1939:

Another excellent flick starring Gale Sondergaard!