Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2021, 12:25 AM   #703
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $36504
Give Thanks: 336
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Old Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we dare to play the hits! Tonight we'll be featuring some of the best releases of that inimitable songstress Cher, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Sterno, also known as White Lightning! It's the drink of choice of those who keep it real. Advanced tipplers know that when it comes to bang for the buck in troubled times, Sterno always delivers and gets you there fast! But it's only for those man enough not to complain once they get there. No suburban high school kids or other poseurs need apply.

Here now are the hits:

That's it for now! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Christmas Every Day' from 1996:

Surprisingly good actually!"

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:46 AM   #704
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Hitman Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we dare to play the hits. And I have a real gem of a show all stacked up to play for all you loyal listeners tonight, that's the hard truth! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Fresh + Sexy Wipes will help differentiate your produce department from those of competing sellers!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Home for Christmas' from 1990:

Seemingly predictable, but very much of an unexpected twist at the end!"

Old 12-06-2021, 11:45 PM   #705
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we dare to play the hits. While yesterday's show could be hard to beat, I have another jewel of a show all stacked up to play for all you loyal listeners tonight. First though this paid public service announcement:

Yes, there's still hope for you chubbies! Action other than at the dinner table is the key.

Here now are the hits:

Old 12-08-2021, 01:29 AM   #706
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is your Old Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we're proud to play the hits! And tonight we'll be showcasing a few more of the greatest hits featuring the flute. First though this paid (of course) public service announcement:

Yes, all people are people, even those with pointy ears, long noses with whiskers and huge bushy tails. And if anybody tells you otherwise, I'll bite them!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Space Milkshake' from 2012:

Has its moments."

Old 12-09-2021, 12:35 AM   #707
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live from Cajun country on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got a real good show all keyed up and ready to play for all you real frantic ones tonight, but first this word from our sponsor, Grey Cup 2021!

Yes, the 108th Grey Cup Game is scheduled to kickoff at about 6:30 PM Eastern Time on Sunday, December 12th way up north at Tim Hortons Field in frigid Hamilton, Ontario where the reigning champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers will defend their Cup against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats!

The half-time show's feature performers will be Hamilton's own Arkells, currently Canada's hottest band (and a quantum leap better than many of the half-time performers at Super Bowls, e.g. Up with People, P. Diddy, Kid Rock, Janet Jackson, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, etc.):

A phalanx of RCMP officers will be present to keep game attendees safe from marauding polar bears coming in off the ice floes from frigid Lake Ontario:

The chill temperatures that prevail at this time of year are unlikely to dampen the spirit of the crowd as Canadians are a rugged people acclimatized to bitterly cold weather. A good time should be had by all (except for fans of the losing team of course). The game and half-time show will be telecast here in Louisiana on ESPN2 and streamed live on ESPN+.

Here now are the hits:

Old 12-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #708
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Uncle Foxhound your Doctor of Cool coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. In fact I'm so cool that I've devoted tonight's show to precisely that! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Smarties! Imported from Canada for those who demand the most wildly colourful candy covered chocolate of them all.

Here now are the hits:

Old 12-11-2021, 12:21 AM   #709
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Old Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. We're now getting on into mid-December and it's getting a bit nippy in many parts of our broadcast area. In fact many of our listeners in and around the Piedmont Mountains of northern Alabama say it's actually getting kind of cold. So we're going to celebrate precisely that on tonight's show. First though this paid public service announcement:

I mean what the hell? Apply yourself to your schoolwork and get an education, you dummy!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Noel' from 2004:

Pretty good actually!"

Old 12-11-2021, 11:41 PM   #710
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrroooowwww!!! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Most of you listeners have probably already heard that Michael Nesmith (30 December 1942 – 10 December 2021) guitarist and one of the charter members of the Monkees passed away earlier today.

Admittedly I was in high school and took my rock music very seriously when 'The Monkees' TV show was launched and the Monkees became the heart throbs of pubescent girls across North America. The Monkees therefore became the band I loved to hate. It took me about fifteen years to get over it but with added maturity I let myself appreciate much of the very good music released under their name. Here now is a special extended show featuring many of their hits:

Old 12-13-2021, 01:57 AM   #711
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowww!!! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we play the hits and nothing but the hits! Due to overwhelming popular demand, we're going to play a few more hits from the 1990's tonight. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes ladies, Listerine! Because there's all kinds of brazen hussies out there looking to steal your man!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'A Bad Moms Christmas' from 2017:

A laugh riot!"

Old 12-14-2021, 12:16 AM   #712
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowww!!! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we dare to play the hits! And I've put together a show tonight that I believe will work for all you listeners, but first this word from our sponsor:

Here's a helpful hint for all you gentlemen out there in radioland. Suzanne McCabe is so very much opposed to the wearing of fur that you have no chance of stroking her fur if you're clad in any other. Let's just say that she wouldn't appreciate being compared so crudely.

Here now are the hits:

Oh, and in case you missed it, it took overtime to decide a winner in yesterday eveming's Grey Cup Game with Winnipeg ultimately prevailing 33-25 over Hamilton:

The Arkells performance at half time went off without a hitch and the RCMP succeeded in keeping all spectators safe from marauding polar bears.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:07 AM   #713
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we're proud to play the hits. And I've put together a set list that's really shaking for tonight's show, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, the Sunbeam Radiant Control Toaster which was introduced in 1949 is still the best ever made!

If you can track one down, scoop it up and treat yourself to the very best toast you've ever had!

Here now are the hits:

Old 12-16-2021, 12:34 AM   #714
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we reach deep for the hits. And we're going to roll out tonight's selection right after this important word from our sponsor:

Do any of you fellows out there have one of those hippy dippy wives who are constantly prattling on about global warming and the necessity of going green to reduce our carbon footprint? Well then we have just the Xmas gift suggestion for you. Get her this lovely Camco dishwashing kit complete with dish pan, dish drainer and its very own sink mat so she can get rid of that wasteful energy guzzling dish washer! (Then of course you can put something useful like a dedicated beer fridge in the space the dishwasher now occupies.) Yes, show the little woman that you're better attuned to her deepest desires than any of those other guys like the milkman, bread man or postman. She'll love you for it, guaranteed!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Legend of the Christmas Witch' from 2018:

Well the dubbing into English in the version I saw was spectacular because it wasn't apparent that the movie had been dubbed. That though is the best I can say."

Old 12-16-2021, 11:35 PM   #715
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW this Thursday evening. And tonight we're going to spotlight those great hitmakers from the early 1970's, Grand Funk Railroad! First though this paid public service announcement:

Yes, it's just that simple and even a rube like you can be popular!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Nine Kittens of Christmas' from 2021:

Hmmmmm. A sequel to 'The Nine Lives of Christmas' from 2016 where the plot is about the rekindling of a romance between the leading characters but the lead female has gained over twenty pounds? Sure stretches credibility even for Hallmark."

Old 12-18-2021, 12:53 AM   #716
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Eeeeek, the time! Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. I have to admit that I usually find myself racing to get each day's show on the air by midnight. Therefore I believe it behooves me to play some race records tonight. But first of course this word from our sponsor:

Mmmmmm, Nutchos! We're all nuts here at the studio so they're still my favourite.

Here now are the hits:

Hopefully that be racy enough for y'all tonight! Tune in again tomorrow anyway.

Old 12-18-2021, 11:46 PM   #717
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we stand proudly as the #1 station for the hits on the Gulf Coast! And tonight's show provides further proof of our standing. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Saint Laurent! The most respected name in roller derby fashion.

Here now are the hits:

Old 12-20-2021, 12:02 AM   #718
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW.

Now we try to be upbeat here at the station, but I know that we're as troubled right now in this country as we've ever been since the end of WWII. I mean with the Omicron variant keeping the COVID pandemic raging across the land, the debacle we suffered in Afghanistan, inflation surging out of control, the crisis with illegal immigrants pouring across our southern border, our education system failing to prepare students for the real world, and Russia and China appearing poised to take advantage of our Commander in Chief's confusion with military adventurism, things look pretty bleak for America right now. I've therefore put together an extended commercial free show to keep our spirits up with a much needed pat on the back. Huh?! What's that? Oh, well that too perhaps. Zoltan dropped by for a visit this evening (he likes the Gaines Burgers the girls keep on hand) and his opinion is that what we need is a good kick in the ass as opposed to a pat on the back.

Nonetheless, here are the hits:

Old 12-21-2021, 12:36 AM   #719
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW the happening spot on your radio dial. And to show you that we're right with what's happening these days, we're going to spotlight hits of the 21st century on tonight's show! First though this paid public service announcement:

Yes, when you absolutely positively need to bus across town in these pandemic times, it's more imperative than ever to do it safely!

Here now are the hits:

Yes, we be right with what's happening on Hit Radio WOWW! So be sure to tune in again tomorrow."

Old 12-22-2021, 12:31 AM   #720
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Uncle Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where the feature of tonight's show will be that fabulous British Invasion band, the Zombies! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Belvedere Vodka! It's the one that always goes down smooth.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Santa's Bootcamp' from 2016:

If you're looking for a good Xmas movie, look elsewhere. This one is barely watchable."