Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2021, 11:49 PM   #613
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $34250
Give Thanks: 303
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is Hit Radio WOWW and I, Mr. Foxhound, will once again be bringing you the4 hits this and every evening. And I'm so well known for spinning the hottest wax here in the Crescent City that everywhere I go now it's Mr. Foxhound, Sir, please don't ever stop playing the hits. And I won't, because I'm Mr. Foxhound, and that's what I do! But before tonight's batch of hits, this important word from our sponsor:

Looking for a new costume for next year's Mardi Gras? Well look to Colored Kids for the most attractive costumes on either side of the Mississippi!

Here now are the hits:

That's it for now! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Encounter' from 2019:

The surprise ending is outweighed by the previous annoying stupidity of the characters throughout the movie."

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:56 PM   #614
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. The spotlight of tonight's show will be on Styx but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Martini & Rossi! For those perceptive enough to appreciate a good catch.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Satan's School for Girls' from 1973:

Alright but doesn't live up to its press clippings."

Old 09-06-2021, 10:23 PM   #615
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. I'll give you the listeners fair warning. Yes, I'm telling you now that there's no telling which hits I'm a gonna play each evening. Only that they're gong to be hits! But before tonight's slate of hits, this important word from our sponsor:

Yes gentlemen, if you want to see Suzanne's beaver, then don't wear beaver or any other furry animal. She won't show you hers if you're already wearing such.

Here now are the hits:

Old 09-07-2021, 11:43 PM   #616
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Seigneur Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And there's still no telling which hits I'm going to play so the only way to tell is to stay tuned and listen! But first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, if there's anything Englishmen know it's beer! After all, they've been getting smashed with it for centuries before the Mayflower even arrived on these fair shores. So listen to the voice of experience. Reach for Olde English 800 when you want to get plastered. You'll have a ball, guaranteed, even when you're so blind drunk you can't see the table.

Here now are the hits:

Old 09-08-2021, 11:47 PM   #617
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!!! This is Brer Foxhound your top rock & roll animal on any board coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got a whole stack of some of the greatest hit instrumentals of all time all ready to play tonight. First though this word from our sponsor, the Louisiana Association for the Advancement of Skateboarding:

Yes, skateboarding is fun for the whole family! Just remember - no guts, no glory.

Here now are the hits:

Old 09-10-2021, 12:31 AM   #618
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Doctor of Style here in the Crescent City coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight we're going to sample some tunes from a band that ranks near the very top of most everybody's rock pantheon - the Beatles! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, when you're travelling first class, you have the right to expect the best. Demand genuine Hires Root Beer!

Here now are the hits:

Old 09-12-2021, 01:20 AM   #619
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowww!!!! This is Deacon Foxhound preaching the Gospel of Rock here on Hit Radio WOWW.

First of all I'd like to apologize for not being able to bring all you listeners a show yesterday evening. Hurricane Ida caused power failures lasting as much as a week in and around New Orléans. And while the industrial grade batteries we've had installed kept us on air during the blackout periods, I didn't notice that they'd run dangerously low on juice which had a domino effect overstressing other parts of our electrical system causing them to eventually fail. In layman's terms we simply blew a fuse.

Nonetheless I've got our systems back up and I've got a whole lot of hits to play tonight, yes I do! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Eagle headers and side pipes are for all those who appreciate a nice set! Order a pair at your local speed shop.

Here now are the hits:

Old 09-13-2021, 12:27 AM   #620
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!!! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And tonight I'll be playing one hit after another, yes I will! First though this word from our sponsor, the Tourism Industry Association of Canada:

Yes, if you like beaver, come to Canada because we have lots of beaver up here. Beavers are in fact Canada's national animal so come to Canada for a good time!

Here now are the hits:

Old 09-14-2021, 12:29 AM   #621
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Marquis de Marigny coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And if you're lonely because your ex has custody over your pet goldfish this week, we have the show for you tonight!

First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, when you absolutely, positively have to get out of town fast because Big Brother is coming after you with choppers and all, a Dodge is the answer! Outrun the Feds and their lackeys with a Dodge Hemi!

But here now are the hits:

Old 09-14-2021, 10:36 PM   #622
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Prince of Pontchartrain coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And if you're tuning in here this Tuesday evening for the hits, well baby do we ever have the hits for you!

Yes ladies, Ivory Snow Soap! The romantic gesture you need for those times when you're feeling punk.

Here now are the hits:

Last edited by Foxhound : 09-16-2021 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #623
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Arch Deacon Foxhound spreading the Gospel of Rock here on Hit Radio WOWW. And tonight we're going to sample some hits from the hard rocking Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, John Bond's Marking Ink! We never use any other kind here at the WOWW studios.

Here now are the hits:

"Since tonight we're having a very special screening of 'Cat-Women of the Moon' from 1953 in the staff lounge, I invited Hepcat to add his own unique critical perspective:

A cinematic triumph without peer! On this we're all very much agreed. The gritty realistic portrayal of early space flight alone puts the movie in a class of its own."

Old 09-16-2021, 11:22 PM   #624
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And if you're still craving more hits tonight, well baby you've found the right spot on the dial! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, good wholesome cane sugar! That's our secret here at the WOWW studios. Roscoe and I eat lots and lots of it and we're both lean, mean fighting machines.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Giant Behemoth from 1959:

A spellbinding flick that was well ahead of its time! The title character is far grittier than the other big fellows from the era. Not at all sympathetic, he wrecks and kills everything he encounters including dogs and young children."

Old 09-18-2021, 12:45 AM   #625
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hey, hey, hey! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW and hey, I've got a real tall tranche of hits all stacked up to play tonight, yes I do! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, ladies, Lane Bryant is now offering a free Fall and Winter Fashion Book for you chubbies. Because chubbies need fashion too!

Here now are the hits: