Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge > Reviews & Articles
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Reviews & Articles Member reviews & articles. Write or share a review or article about anything music related.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $59627
Give Thanks: 461
The Making of the ‘Woodstock’ Documentary

“I started filming it as if it were a war zone,” director Michael Wadleigh says about the iconic movie that documented the 1969 Woodstock music festival

Moments after cameraman David Myers finished filming a couple having sex in the tall grass at the Woodstock festival in 1969, he happened upon a middle-aged sanitation worker cleaning out an overflowing toilet with a giant suction hose. “It’s hard to keep up,” he says. “I’m glad to do it for these kids. My son’s here, and I got one over in Vietnam too. He’s up in the DMZ right now flyin’ helicopters.” As the Port-O-San man moves on to his next toilet, a tall hippie staggers out of a stall smoking a pipe, stares into the camera and says, “Out of sight. Want some?”

The Academy Award-winning Woodstock movie was reissued on DVD and Blu-ray 10 years ago to mark the 40th anniversary of the legendary festival. The new “director’s cut” also includes two hours of previously unreleased performances by the Grateful Dead, the Who, and Creedence Clearwater Revival. Director Michael Wadleigh, who led a 70-person crew, says the toilet scene is emblematic of what’s great about the movie. “One of the models we followed was The Canterbury Tales,” he says. “You have ‘The Nude Bather’s Tale,’ ‘The Police Chief’s Tale.’ You’ve got ‘The Shit-Cleaner’s Tale.’ What a great goddamned metaphor, too.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...dleigh-846646/

MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:10 AM   #2
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $59627
Give Thanks: 461
Re: The Making of the ‘Woodstock’ Documentary

Neil Young Explains Why He Was Edited Out of Woodstock Movie

Neil Young has told Howard Stern the story about how he pissed off a camera-man at Woodstock 50 years ago so to piss him off they edited him out of his Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young performance and edited his name out of the band title.

https://www.noise11.com/news/neil-yo...movie-20190815

MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote