Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2018, 04:43 AM   #1
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $55687
Give Thanks: 438
Van Halen Returning Says David Lee Roth

David Lee Roth has dropped some hints about a 2019 return by Van Halen after four years away from the spotlight. The band haven't been heard from since wrapping up a North American tour in 2015, but in a new interview promoting his tattoo skin care line INK The Original, the rocker suggests that will change ... and soon.

"When we come back through town in the summertime and do the original thing, maybe somewhere sportin', maybe with somebody famous," Roth tells staff at Vulture prior to a full chat session. "I'll make sure we get you all tickets so you can see what we do for gainful employment. My mom still wonders."

"Next time my rock band will be playing the same place that the Yankees play," exclaims Roth during the interview, and when pressed to confirm a Yankee Stadium concert by Van Halen in 2019, he replies, "Yeah, but I can't ... If I say something on tape here and everybody goes, 'Oh, this leaked...' But, the band will be - I can't say."

With Van Halen activity "around the corner by a hundred days," the rocker adds, "Well, I don't know how far this privacy actually goes. But the band is solvent. And I can say that I contacted colleagues about being part of the show - Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Jason Aldean, the Foo Fighters, [Eric] Church, and [Chris] Stapleton. And they all said that, if everything happens, they would certainly be involved"

Although Van Halen missed the opportunity for a 2018 trek to celebrate the 40th anniversary of their 1978 self-titled debut album, Roth summarizes the band's approach to touring since his return the lineup in 2007.

"There's a time-capsule element that goes along with my kind of music," he says. "You can't keep serving it every year. We're on a James Bond schedule, every three-and-a-half summers, so you don't go, 'Weren't you just here?' and then we'd start selling fewer tickets. That happened with the third Pirates [Of The Caribbean] movie. Johnny Depp was scarred, emotionally. But classic rock is great. It funded everything we're doing today."
MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:48 AM   #2
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Re: Van Halen Returning Says David Lee Roth

Quote:
Van Halen Returning Says David Lee Roth
Thanks for the warning!
Old 12-31-2018, 09:53 PM   #3
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Van Halen Star Addresses Reunion Rumors

Original Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony has struck down a rumor spread by a radio personality that he would be reuniting with the group next year.

David Lee Roth hinted earlier this month that the legendary band would be returning next month and radio personality Eddie Trunk followed up by claiming that an unnamed source in the industry heard from another unnamed source that the band's return would include the original lineup.

Premiere Radio Networks report that Anthony reacted to the rumor by stating, "The only comment I have is that I haven't spoken to any of the guys since we last played together back in 2004."
Old 02-19-2019, 01:54 AM   #4
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Van Halen Did Make Moves To Setup Reunion

https://www.hennemusic.com/2019/02/sa...alen-have.html

Van Halen have approached original bass player Michael Anthony to see if he was interested in reuniting with the group, according to his friend and former frontman Sammy Hagar.

Speculation has been running high that the band is planning to launch a tour featuring a reunion of the original line up of Eddie and Alex Van Halen, David Lee Roth and former bassist Michael Anthony.

Hagar, who is still close to Anthony, was asked about the rumors during a recent interview. He responded, "As usual, Mike's hearing about it through the news, just like the way he heard about when replaced him. It was, like, 'Oh, I guess I'm not in Van Halen anymore.' He read about it instead of these knuckleheads giving him a call and just being straight upfront with him. So Mikey's still sitting in that same position again to where all these rumors are going around."

Sammy then broke the news that Michael had been approached by the band's management last year. "Mike and I have had the conversation. I'm telling you, Mike don't know sh*t. They're gonna have to eventually... Somebody's gonna have to give the guy a call. I mean, he got a call six months ago from management saying, 'Are you interested?' And he said, 'Yeah. I'm doing a record with Sammy right now. We're booking shows, so you'd have to work around it.' And they said, 'Okay. We'll get back to you.' And that was it. I can tell you that much."
Old 03-03-2019, 05:42 AM   #5
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Van Halen Reunion Contingency Plans Made

If Michael Anthony is called on to reunite with Van Halen, Sammy Hagar says that he and the bassist have already discussed that they would put their current band The Circle on hold while Anthony tours with his former band.

Hagar spoke with WROK and the rumors about a reunion of the original lineup of Van Halen came up in the interview. He said, "There is no confirmation about a VH tour. I ain't here to tell you 'yes' or 'no' if it's going to happen, if it's not going to happen. But Mikey is my dearest friend in the world. He's my favorite bass player and singer on the planet [and] to be in a band with, and we will continue to be in a band our whole life.

"But if there was an opportunity for him to go play in Van Halen again just to mend that up, just to keep that sour note from being in his head for the rest of his life, he has my blessings. I will take the time off while he goes and does it. We have already talked about it, but there is nothing confirmed. I can tell you straight-up right now there has been nothing confirmed, and I ain't gonna say it is or isn't, because that's not my place.

"Right now, we're going to promote this record together that we made together, and we're gonna do some shows. And as soon as these shows are done and we figure [out] what we want to do, we'll go book some more and keep doing it. Mikey is in The Circle. He's my bass player. He's my fellow singer. He's my bandmate. He's my dear friend. He's my soul brother."