Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Other Music - Best of the Rest
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Other Music - Best of the Rest A place for everything else: Roots rock, Country, Oldies, Blues, Jazz, Classical, Soul, Gospel and all other music genres...

View Poll Results: Who had the more admirable career?
Frank Sinatra 31 50.00%
Elvis Presley 31 50.00%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Hepcat
 
Posts: n/a
Question Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Who rules? The Chairman of the Board or the King?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Flower
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
manutd11
Classic Rocker
 
manutd11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Göteborg, Sverige
Posts: 935
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Elvis Presley
__________________
manutd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Harold
Classic Rocker
 
Harold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,971
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Elvis easily.
Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
dwill123
Classic Rocker
 
dwill123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,216

Gameroom cash: $4806
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 164 Times in 147 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Frank Sinatra, easily. Frank Sinatra is one of two of the greatest male voices in the history of pop music. The other being Nat King Cole IMO.
__________________
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
dwill123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
Fever Dog
Classic Rocker
 
Fever Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cary, N.C.
Posts: 4,733
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Elvis
__________________
God is great,beer is good and people are crazy-Billy Currington
Fever Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
Italian Angel
Silence must be heard....
 
Italian Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in the land of music, cats and my Moody Blue. ;-)
Posts: 1,077
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

This is a tough one for me. I think both Frank Sinatra and Elvis were very entertaining in their own right. My dad is a big fan of both and I heard their music quite a bit growing up. I'm going to vote for Sinatra here, just an eyelash over Elvis.
__________________

People talk too much for what they have to say
Words without a meaning, they are fading away...

Traces, many faces
lost in the maze of time.


Italian Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:41 AM   #8
feter McBlues
Classic Rocker
 
feter McBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: baghdad\Iraq
Posts: 506
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

You Know Sinatra just great ...but the King Rock !!!!!!
feter McBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
Owlsey
Byrd of Prey
 
Owlsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 69
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

The King all the way!!!
Owlsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
Fearless Heart
Roots Rocker
 
Fearless Heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the music never stops.
Posts: 529
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Yeah I agree with feter, the King rocks!
__________________
“There’s only two kinds of music: the blues and zippety doo-dah.”-Townes Van Zandt
Fearless Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
discoverjourney
Classic Rocker
 
discoverjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 436
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Elvis
__________________
"Be good to yourself, when nobody else will"
discoverjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
Rotherhamkid
Classic Rocker
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England
Posts: 327
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

The King...slightly more than Ol' Blue Eyes
__________________
I was a great drummer, and now I'm nothing! Just like Phil Collins!!!
Rotherhamkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #13
mp3pimp
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Sinatra.. And I'll tell ya why. I have taken alot of chicks home from bars as because I used to be a drummer in a rock band..and 70% of them always had Sinatra/Rat Pack pictures up on their walls..the other 30% had girlie stuff
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #14
Owlsey
Byrd of Prey
 
Owlsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 69
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3pimp View Post
Sinatra.. And I'll tell ya why. I have taken alot of chicks home from bars as because I used to be a drummer in a rock band..and 70% of them always had Sinatra/Rat Pack pictures up on their walls..the other 30% had girlie stuff
The ones I took home had Aubrey Beardsley erotica ... never saw a pic of Frank, Peter Lawford, Dean Martin, Joey Bishop, Sammy Davis Jr ... or Elvis. But with percentages like that, you sound like you had greater success with the wimminfolks....
Owlsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 PM   #15
Fearless Heart
Roots Rocker
 
Fearless Heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the music never stops.
Posts: 529
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

What kind of wimmins you boys takin' home.

But then again all I have on my wall are diplomas. Hmmmm....need to get some pictures up fast. Some of Adrian Paul should do nicely.

Oh yeah, one of Elvis too.
__________________
“There’s only two kinds of music: the blues and zippety doo-dah.”-Townes Van Zandt
Fearless Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
Straycat
Hip Chick
 
Straycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The swamps of Missouri
Posts: 2,078
Give Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Frank cause he did it his way!
__________________
Straycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #17
Flower
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straycat View Post
Frank cause he did it his way!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #18
Hepcat
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Frank Sinatra versus Elvis Presley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3pimp

Sinatra.. And I'll tell ya why. I have taken alot of chicks home from bars as because I used to be a drummer in a rock band..and 70% of them always had Sinatra/Rat Pack pictures up on their walls..
What years were these?

  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted by: F5 / MVH Internet Services
Copyright ©2005-2018, CRF2.com