Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2020, 12:25 AM   #307
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $28298
Give Thanks: 268
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is your election night maven Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Hopefully you got out to vote early and often today because that's what political discourse in America has come down to these days. But if election results are trickling in far too slowly for you this evening, well tonight's show is geared to reflect your frustrations. First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, EDS can provide you with all the cat herding information and advice you'll ever need!

Here now are some of the greatest hits of the Turtles!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Fog Island' from 1945:

Pretty good!"

Foxhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 12:25 AM   #308
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwww! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! Frustrated by the fact that we've not yet learned which of the not necessarily lesser of two evils won yesterday's election so you still don't know against whom you should protest today? Well I Foxhound have the answer to lead you out from servitude and oppression. A tax strike! That'll hit any and all of them politicians in Washington where it hurts. And I've specially selected tonight's set list to inspire solidarity in all WOWW listeners from one Gulf coast to the other!

First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Ameriquest Mortgage will help free you from the ball-and-chain!

Here now are more of the greatest folk protest songs of all time:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'House of Dracula' from 1945:

Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, Wolf Man, a mad doctor, a demented hunchback, Glenn Strange, John Carradine and Lon Chaney all together in one flick! Awesome!

Last edited by Foxhound : 11-06-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:16 AM   #309
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww! This is Lord Chancellor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! Tonight we're going to air another installment of our fabled 'Punk Till You Puke' series so stay tuned if you've got the stomach! First though this important public service announcement:

Tomorrow is 'Take Your Cat Out for a Cheeseburger Day'! (Or so Hepcat tells me anyway and he paid for this announcement.) So do your cat a good turn and turn into your local burger joint's drive-thru lane for however many cheeseburgers and milkshakes you need to satisfy.

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Dracula's Great Love' from 1973:

An unconventional Drac tale but still pretty good!"

Old 11-06-2020, 11:51 PM   #310
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is your ever loving Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight we're going to spotlight some of the greatest hits of a truly underrated band that being the Troggs! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Sheba! Because your cat deserves only the best.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Invisible Ghost' from 1941:

Not too bad."

Old 11-08-2020, 12:34 AM   #311
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Pied Piper of rock here in the Crescent City coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show for all you loyal listeners tonight spotlighting one of the greatest heavy metal bands of the seventies!

But first this paid public service announcement. The ladies of the New Orléans Women's Christian Temperance Union will be holding their annual dance at Audubon Park this coming Saturday evening:

Tickets for both participants and spectators are still available. Here now are some of the biggest hits of Deep Purple!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Bad Moms' from 2016:

Great fun! I absolutely loved it."

Last edited by Foxhound : 11-09-2020 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:55 AM   #312
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!!! This is your top rock & roll animal on any board, Foxhound, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got a whole spindle full of sweet soul music to play tonight, yes I do! But first a word from our sponsor:

Tired of having to change your cat's litter all the time? Well Final Step Litter will quickly solve that problem.

Here now are the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Naked Truth' from 1957:

Peter Sellers! A great fun movie."

Old 11-10-2020, 01:05 AM   #313
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. I've got another great show for all you real frantic ones tonight featuring signature tracks with prominent harmonica parts, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, for an unforgettable dining experience pop into the Blue Fox next time you're in Tijuana!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Operation: Neighbourhood Watch' from 2015:

Denise Richards! A good fun movie overall."

Last edited by Foxhound : 11-19-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:06 AM   #314
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Since ad revenues have continued to climb, I finally stepped up and gave the go ahead on the installation of the slot car track I've been considering for the employee lounge. Here are some work-in-progress shots:

Hopefully it's ready by the end of next week!"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Professor Foxhound here on Hit Radio WOWW. I have a great show unlike any other so far all stacked up to play tonight but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Keystone Light! For those who are absolutely, positively afraid to taste anything when they reach for a 'brew'.

We've been devoting shows periodically to 'Girls With Guitars'. Well today we're going to spotlight the band with perhaps the very best guitar slinging girl of them all, the Pretenders!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'How to Murder Your Wife' from 1965:

Even though the plot doesn't make any sense, it's a fun movie nonetheless!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 11-17-2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:22 AM   #315
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!" This is your High Chancellor of Rock, Lord Foxhound, on Hit Radio WOWW and I've got another great segment of my series on the British Invasion all stacked up to play tonight! First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes girls, Basics Underneath on Magazine Street is your one stop shop for activewear! That's right, both swimwear and lingerie in one convenient location. It's where Madeline and Imogen shop for all their intimate apparel because Basics Underneath has the selection any girl needs to look great from any angle:

Here now are the hits!

Last edited by Foxhound : 11-14-2020 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:29 AM   #316
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Foxhound the one and only Marquis de Pontchartrain coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! Tonight we're going to feature some of the very best from Traffic but first this word from our sponsors:

Don 'The Snake' Prudhomme and Tom 'Mongoose' McEwen have never been willing to settle for second best. On any given day they each want to be the very fastest on the strip or the street as the case may be. And that's why they both choose Plymouth, proud makers of the Rapid Transit System for the automotive performance enthusiast!

And now Mattel makes it possible for you to recreate the heated strip encounters of the Mongoose and Snake in your very own rec room with the Mongoose & Snake Drag Race Set! On Ebay or your local flea market. Prices may vary.

Here now are the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Carry on Behind' from 1975:

The 'Carry On' flicks are always hilarious!"

Old 11-14-2020, 12:39 AM   #317
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is your Professor Emeritus of rock. Foxhound, here on Hit Radio WOWW Radio! We've got a great show dedicated to girl groups today, but first a word from our sponsor:

Save Tip's - Tipitina's

Yes, New Orléans world famous music venue Tipitina’s will be holding a free live streamed event on Saturday, November 14th at 8:00 PM CST to raise funds to keep from having to close its doors. So tune in then! I mean look at the lineup! Fats Domino, Dr. John, Professor Longhair, Willie Nelson and so many more! This is one you don't dare miss.

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Percy' from 1971:

Actually not as much fun as I thought it would/could be. Nor did the Kinks' soundtrack live up to my expectations."

Last edited by Foxhound : 11-15-2020 at 01:13 AM.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:12 AM   #318
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! Hopefully you've all been taking in the great Save Tip's Benefit for Tipitina's this evening:

Save Tip's - Tipitina's

We'll be taking our cue from Tipitina's tonight and sampling some of the hits of the featured artists. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yeah, why are you still smoking them short white cigarettes? What's the matter with you? Keep it real and stay black and long I say!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Revenge of the Bridesmaids' from 2010:

A straightforward fun movie!"

Old 11-16-2020, 12:21 AM   #319
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is your ever loving Foxhound coming to you with another Psychedelic Sunday show on Hit Radio WOWW! So get out the love beads and the hookah pipe, lean back into your bean bags and listen to this word from our sponsor before our hit fest gets rolling!

Yes, tune into 'Sanford and Son' at better television stations from coast-to-coast! Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Stalag 17' from 1953:

Not bad!"

Old 11-16-2020, 11:51 PM   #320
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"So Hepcat dropped in earlier today with another paper bag full of cash (small bills of course) for another tranche of ads. Madeline and Imogen were more than gracious and treated him as an honoured guest. They mixed up cold beverages for us in the employee lounge:

Hepcat and I then resumed our ongoing battle to determine silver ball supremacy across the breadth of the French Quarter.

Still inconclusive though...."

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Brer Foxhound here on Hit Radio WOWW Radio, where we play nothing but the hits! But before we get on to tonight's new wave of hits, a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Putrid Cat Chow! The first choice of magnifolient felines everywhere.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Wild Child' from 2008:

It lived up to my expectations."

Old 11-18-2020, 01:05 AM   #321
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwwww! This is your Rock God of the Crescent City, Foxhound, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got another great show all stacked up to play for all you prog goons out there, but first a word from our sponsor:

Doritos! Need I say more?

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Great Rupert' from 1950:

An all around fun Xmas movie!"

Old 11-18-2020, 11:54 PM   #322
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Doctor of Cool coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight we're going to spotlight some of the greatest hits of Fleetwood Mac, but first this special commercial announcement:

Tired of being a nerd? A dweeb even? Well I Foxhound can teach you how to be so cool you'll be downright cold! That's right, and at no cost to you but postage and handling! Just send $269.99 to cover the cost of shipping and handling to:

The Doctor of Cool
c/o WOWW Radio
General Delivery
New Orléans, Louisiana

Yes, and then FREE of charge I Foxhound will send you my easy to follow step-by-step primer on how to be cool.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Battlefield 2025' from 2020:

The title and movie poster border on outright fraud. A cheapie that's nowhere close to being as promised."

Old 11-20-2020, 12:25 AM   #323
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwww! This is Foxhound your high priest of rock here on Hit Radio WOWW where our holy mission remains to spread the Gospel of Rock from the Louisiana bayou clear across the Gulf of Mexico! So fasten your drool cups because I've got another tranche of Motown Memories piled high to play tonight. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Stroh's! From one beer lover to another. Poseurs who don't actually like beer can reach for something else.

Here now are the hits:

Old 11-20-2020, 10:58 PM   #324
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Grand Viceroy Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we play the hits! Tonight we're going to feature some more great tracks from Fat Possum Records, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, ain't nobody can deliver good old-fashioned down home common sense like Jed Clampett! So buy a carton of Winstons today and add to government tax coffers. Be downright selfish and unneighbourly of you not to!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Kolchak: The Night Stalker' from 1972:

At least as good as the TV shows!"