Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2020, 11:02 PM   #163
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $28368
Give Thanks: 269
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Man, Madeline's been busy all day sorting through all these wires we've received praising yesterday's show. I guess I must be doing something right on occasion."

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a whole stack of sweet soul music all keyed up to play on our Garrard Z2000B turntable here in the studio, but first this paid public service announcement:

Yes, we here at WOWW are now certainly well versed in etiquette and can take pride in our table manners. Nurse Madeline has worked very hard to get Roscoe and me not to gobble our food down like we haven't eaten for weeks.

Here now are the hits!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror' from 1942:

Not quite the kind of terror I was anticipating but WWII I suspect would have been pretty terrible for anyone living through it."

Last edited by Foxhound : 10-14-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:10 PM   #164
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwww!!! This is Doctor Foxhound, Professor Emeritus of Rock here in the French Quarter and I'm coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And rest assured that we here at WOWW remain dedicated to bringing the finest in rock music to every car stereo and ghetto blaster in our broadcast area!

Tonight's program is dedicated to some of the best rock that's ever sprung out from Down Under. First though this paid public service announcement:

Yes, women can be troublesome, but in the end they're worth the trouble I guess.

And now for the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Black Cat' from 1941:

Hepcat always claimed that he not only starred in this one but wrote the cinematography as well. Somehow though I'm not entirely convinced."

Old 06-05-2020, 12:14 AM   #165
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! Tonight's show is dedicated to some of the greatest hit songs performed by solo male artists. First though another one in our much acclaimed series of paid public service announcements. (Yes, yes, I admit it, here at WOWW we'll whore for government greenbacks every time.)

Yes, mothers, if you want grandkids it helps to be proactive these days. So don't just passively wait hoping to find a stash of 'Penthouse' and 'Playboy' magazines under your boy's mattress. Be proactive and slide some in there yourself for him to discover! A helpful push in the right direction never hurts. Don't wait until it's too late and he's leaning toward a life of sordid sexual depravity. Give him a head start in developing a healthy and normal interest in women as sex objects.

And now for the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Attack of the Crab Monsters' from 1957:

Too cool!"

Old 06-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #166
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Wow! This sign that our latest sponsor left us here at the station looks great on the wall of the staff lounge!"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Monsignor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we remain committed to our mission of spreading the Gospel of Rock! Our show tonight is devoted to the very best in power ballads. First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Hoffman sodas! They're great through a straw or right from the bottle.

And now for the hits!

That's it for tonight! Tune in again tomorrow."

Old 06-06-2020, 11:49 PM   #167
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww! This is Foxhound the Baron de Bienville coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we always play the hits! And I've got some fabulous garage rock all stacked up to play on the Garrard turntable tonight but first a paid public service announcement:

When you turn the dial to WOWW though, any time becomes party time! And now for the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Dark Prince' from 2013:

Truly excellent! Atmosphere, action, plot, it has it all. I fully enjoyed it."

Last edited by Foxhound : 09-21-2020 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:22 PM   #168
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwww!!!! This is Foxhound the Count of Canal Street coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW with another edition of my Psychedelic Sunday Show! I know you've all been waiting for this one but hang on just a few minutes longer while we hear from tonight's sponsor:

Yes fellows, it pays to be careful. Mistakes can be very costly. But now here are the hits:

Old 06-09-2020, 12:04 AM   #169
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your mad dog of rock here on Hit Radio WOWW and I just want to know if you're ready to rock! Because tonight I am really, really stoked and ready to rock. And it's all due to tonight's sponsor, Hamilton Beach which makes the very best in milkshake mixers:

Yes, normally Madeline makes sure Roscoe and I aren't overdosing on milkshakes so she locks the cabinet with all the syrups and flavourings. But I slipped out and got a spare key made earlier today while she was absorbed in her Frederick's of Hollywood lingerie catalogue!

So I've been mixing up milkshakes and pouring them out for Roscoe and me ever since Madeline left earlier this evening. Since we have nearly twenty different syrups and flavour concentrates and I should properly test any product we're endorsing, well let's just say I've got a real cream and sugar rush going down. Roscoe is doing barrel rolls on the floor and I'm just zonked! I'm wild-eyed and bushy tailed and, urrrrrppppp, never mind.

Tonight's show spotlights David Bowie!

Last edited by Foxhound : 06-16-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:13 PM   #170
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Oh mercy, mercy me! Nurse Madeline stalked into the studio this morning madder than a hornet. I mean who would have thought she might be listening to yesterday's late show? Evidently she listens to them all the time. She confiscated the spare key I had made to the syrup and concentrate cabinet and subjected Roscoe and me to a whole battery of tests, body fat, blood sugar levels, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. She reluctantly gave us a pass and let us go but not without a stern lecture."

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww! This is (a considerably chastened) Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got an exciting new show for all you faithful listeners tonight, but first a word from our sponsor, Leaf Rain-Blo:

Yes, Leaf Rain-Blo gumballs are made in various sizes and are available in gumball vending machines as well as cellophane packs in corner candy stores! We here at WOWW buy them in bulk for the office gumball machines because Madeline and I chew them all the time. Quite simply they're both colourful and delicious!

Tonight's show spotlights some of the tracks on a favourite label of mine, Fat Possum Records. Believe me, this is not the same old blues crap you hear everywhere else.

Roscoe he likes them fat possums too! That's it for tonight though! Tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' from 1993:

A TV movie that was to be the pilot for a TV series. Nothing at all like Jules Verne's book and simply forgettable overall."

Last edited by Foxhound : 11-20-2020 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #171
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"My latest acquisition for the staff lounge arrived today, that being this nifty Paperboy arcade game:

Hours of fun trying to master this one!"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your much beloved Marquis de Pontchartrain coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got a great show for all you listeners out there in radio land tonight featuring a stack of straightforward fun selections! First though a word from tonight's sponsor:

Yes, 'Animaniacs'! On better TV stations in your area.

And now for the hits:

That's it for tonight! But keep those cards and letters coming and tune in again tomorrow."

Old 06-11-2020, 11:14 PM   #172
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a great show featuring some of the best bass players of all time all stacked up and ready to play, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Pure Blonde! At your local beer store.

And now for the hits:

Jack Bruce

Paul McCartney

Donald 'Duck' Dunn

John Alec Entwistle

Geddy Lee

"Mmmmmm, we've been feasting all evening on these Kėdainių blynai(pancakes) that The MAN's old aunt fried up for us here at the studio!

I mean potato pancakes with a ground meat filling?! Talk about insanely delicious!"

Old 06-12-2020, 10:52 PM   #173
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Dr. Foxhound Professor Emeritus of Rock here in the Big Easy coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight's show features some of the greatest tracks by one of the most influential bands of all time, Pink Floyd!

First though a word from our sponsors. Yes, you heard right. Tonight we at WOWW are making radio history with not just one sponsor but two sponsors in one - STP and the Dodge Boys!

Yes, Richard Petty is not a man with time to waste. When he needs to get someplace, he wants to get there fast! And that's why Richard Petty makes his choice Dodge and uses STP Oil Treatment and Oil Filters in his Dodge. So when you need to get from New Orléans to Bâton Rouge fast, get the STP treatment for your own Dodge.

And now for the hits:

That's it for tonight! But keep those cards and letters coming and tune in again tomorrow."

Old 06-13-2020, 11:11 PM   #174
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock here on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got another great edition of Girls with Guitars all stacked up to play this Saturday evening, but first this paid public service announcement:

Yes, when the Reds drop the big one, be sure to duck and cover just like Bert the Turtle does.

And now for the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Jurassic City' from 2015:

Well the poster is good; not so much the plot."

Old 06-15-2020, 12:10 AM   #175
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Monsignor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we remain committed to our mission of spreading the Gospel of Rock! Tonight we'll be featuring tracks showcasing a few more of the greatest guitarists of all time, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, the Kansas City Chefs! NFL champions over all parts of any field for the indeterminate future.

And now for the hits!

Alvin Lee

Peter Townshend

Carlos Santana

Eric Clapton

Ritchie Blackmore

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Jurassic Thunder' from 2020:

It's as if one movie was cocked together from two different scripts. So bad that it might be viewed as a camp classic - in fifty years time."

Old 06-15-2020, 11:22 PM   #176
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound the Baron de Bienville coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another pile of great discs all stacked up to play on our trusty Garrard tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, without a camel you'll have to walk however many miles to the nearest reserve for some cheap smokes (or something like that I guess)....

Tonight we're featuring a few of the best Stones' hits with prominent harp instrumental breaks!

Brian Jones

Mick Jagger

Yes, that Mick Jagger fellow blows a pretty mean harp if I do say so myself! That's it for tonight, but tune in again tomorrow."

Last edited by Foxhound : 09-07-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:28 PM   #177
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrroooowwww!!!! This is Rock Master Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And tonight we're bringing back the girls, yes we are!

First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, White Rock's sparkling sodas are a surefire way to lure bubbly pixies. Works every time!

And now for the hits:

Old 06-17-2020, 11:26 PM   #178
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your pied piper of rock here in the Big Easy coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And tonight we have another installment of some of the greatest hit music that's come down out of Canada! But first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, men, ask for Aunt Jemima Buckwheat Pancakes for breakfast tomorrow! Now for the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Prometheus' from 2012:

Great fun!"

Old 06-18-2020, 11:30 PM   #179
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And tonight we're going to listen to another tranche of some of the greatest folk rock tunes of all time, but first this paid public service announcement:

Yes, kids, don't be like Mr. Bungle! And now for the hits:

Old 06-19-2020, 11:35 PM   #180
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Poor Roscoe. He's almost inconsolable. He just heard that Aunt Jemima, the kindly old lady who used to feed him pancakes and syrup from her back porch in the bayou, is going to be terminated by the Quaker Oats Company. Evidently she's so out of step with the times that she's outlived her usefulness. The corporate bigwigs have therefore decided to bring her long run to an end.

I tried to explain to him that things might not be quite as bad as they sound but with it being barely three weeks since his cousin Saturn's passing Roscoe can't countenance the thought of any more terminations. I've assured him that he doesn't have to worry about us here at WOWW ever putting him down but he's been almost catatonic all day. Nurse Madeline has gone through five or six boxes of Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake mix frying up skillet after skillet of hotcakes smothered in maple syrup and butter with boudoin sausages on the side trying to revive his spirits but it's been touch-and-go with Roscoe most of the day."

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW this sultry Thursday evening. I've got another great show tonight dedicated to the very best in prog tunes to ever hit the charts, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Foghorn Leghorn! For all those who demand the very best in cartoon entertainment.

And now for the hits!