Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2020, 10:57 PM   #55
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $28298
Give Thanks: 268
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww! This is Lord Foxhound here on WOWW where we play the hits!

I've put together another great show today devoted to one of the greatest bands of all time, the Doors! But first a word from our sponsor.

Tired of onlookers laughing at your pathetic bubbles? Want to make a bigger bang? Well then switch to Dubble Bubble!

With Dubble Bubble even a miserable feline like Hepcat here can manage to blow awe inspiring bubbles:

You'll be the center of attention and draw admiring glances anywhere, church, office, court room, wherever, when you blow big ones with Dubble Bubble!

And now here are today's hits!

That's it for today! tune in again tomorrow for the very best in rock entertainment to help get you through these troubled times."

Last edited by Foxhound : 03-26-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Foxhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:11 PM   #56
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww! This is Brer Foxhound here on WOWW Radio where we play all the hits! Hopefully you're all making the best you can in these sad times of today's St. Patrick's Day.

I've got another great show for you listeners out there in radioland today, but first a paid (well of course!) public service announcement from the Department of Health and Human Services over in Washington:

So today we're bringing back the girls!

And now without further ado, here are the hits!

That's it for today! Tune in again tomorrow."

"Ahhhhh, it's here! The Irish stew I ordered up for Roscoe and me from Molly's at the Market!

Old 03-18-2020, 10:35 PM   #57
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww! This is Brer Foxhound here on WOWW Radio where we play nothing but the hits!

Sad that this coronavirus business really put a damper on yesterday's St. Patrick's Day festivities here in the Big Easy, but you can still do something about it! That's because a heaping bowlful of Lucky Charms in the morning will make every day feel like St. Patrick's Day.

This whole coronavirus thing has me so shell shocked that you might even say I'm a little spaced out:

That's it for us today but tune in again tomorrow! In the meantime, stay home and stay safe by spinning some discs."

"But since Roscoe and I aren't done celebrating St. Patrick's Day yet, I ordered up a big pot of Irish coddle for the two of us!

Mmmmmm! Time to dig in."

Last edited by Foxhound : 04-10-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #58
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Boy, the counter area and the breakfast table here in the kitchen were really getting overwhelmed with all these boxes of cereal I've been buying at Rouses Market on Royal Street. Good thing that I found these very cool stands to organize my cereal box accumulation!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 03-25-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:00 PM   #59
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Doctor Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, where we play the hits!

I have another great show today featuring hits from our cousins up north in Canada, but first a word from our sponsor.

Tired of the same old, same old juice at breakfast every morning? Well then switch over to Fang!

It's Roscoe's favourite!

Now without further ado, I'll spin the discs:

That's it for today! But tune in again tomorrow for the very best in music entertainment."

"Now comes andouille sausage time! I'll toss a few dozen on the grill here for old Roscoe and me and we should be fine for the evening."

Old 03-20-2020, 11:35 PM   #60
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Lord Foxhound here on WOWW Radio, the station with the hits!

I've got a fantastic show featuring some of the very greatest male vocalists today, but first a word from our sponsor:

Johnny Seven, by Topper! Get one today!

Now for the hits:

That's it for me today! But be sure to tune in again tomorrow."

"Oh man, I've been looking forward all day to getting a chance to blacken these catfish on the grill just the way I learned from that gig I had a few years ago helping out in the kitchen at K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen:

They let me go when they realized I was eating into their profits...."

Last edited by Foxhound : 10-17-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:28 PM   #61
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"While this coronavirus thing has necessitating more social distancing (not that I've ever had a problem in that regard), it's still important to keep busy. After all, an idle mind is the devil's workshop. Keeping busy though is only part of the battle. The real key is to find solitary activities that are truly meaningful.

Which is why I picked up this Bally Pinball Wizard machine this morning!

It's a very well designed game. Evidently it sold over 10,000 units upon being released in 1975 which smashed Bally's previous production record of 5254 for a pinball machine."

Old 03-21-2020, 11:07 PM   #62
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwwww!!! This is your main man Foxhound, the doctor of cool coming to you here on WOWW Radio from the heart of New Orléans! So how many of you listeners are into blues-rock? Just about all of you then?! I thought so! Well you'll really love tonight's show devoted to some of the very best blues-rock of all time.

First though a word from our sponsor:

See 'Reefer Madness' at better repertory theatres and drive-ins everywhere!

Your drool cups better be strapped on real tight because here now without further ado are the hits!

That's it for today! But keep those cards and letters coming and be sure to tune in again tomorrow!"

"Ahhhhh, I see the small bag of food stuffs I ordered up from Krystal's on Bourbon Street has arrived.

I've been in the mood for a late evening snack, and I'll be sure to set aside a little something for dear old Roscoe as well."

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-29-2020 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:28 PM   #63
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip,yip, arrrrooowwww! This is your mad man of rock in the Crescent City! Yes, it's Lord Foxhound coming to you on WOWW Radio.

Well here we are 25 days into Lent and I'm pleased to report that both The MAN and I have remained alcohol and drug free throughout Lent. And Roscoe too! None of us has touched even a drop. So you our valued listeners can do your part as well by contributing generously to the wildlife sanctuary of your choice while we here at WOWW resist the blandishments of demon rum!

Tonight we have another edition of 'Punk Till You Puke' but first a word from our sponsor:

Look for the free prizes inside every box of Kill-logg's!

Here then (if you have a strong constitution anyway) are the hits!

That's it for tonight! Be sure to tune in again tomorrow."

"Ahhhhh, here's the Étouffée I ordered up for this evening's humble repast:

Mandina's Restaurant delivered it special for us here at WOWW and Mandina's continues to be one of the very best cookeries in all of Louisiana!"

from

Old 03-23-2020, 11:28 PM   #64
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowww!!! This is Brer Foxhound, your mad doctor of rock 'n roll here on WOWW Radio! I've got another stack of great wax lined up to play today, but first a word from our sponsor!

Feel the need to practice some social distancing? Well nothing lets you get off the beaten track and deep into the bayou like a set of Pro-Trac tires for your vehicle:

Be prepared! Get a set of Pro-Tracs. They're more essential than ever these days.

And now for another edition of 'Motown Memories'!

That's it for us tonight! Tune in again tomorrow.

"Methinks a huckleberry sundae or two would go real good right now!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 10-29-2020 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:33 PM   #65
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is your madman of rock, Doctor Foxhound, coming to you on WOWW Radio with another great show for you today on girl groups!

But first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, that men of distinktion description certainly fits us here at WOWW to a T!

Here now are the hits:

That's if for tonight! Tune in again tomorrow."

"Oh good! Here's the delivery from Pascal's for which Roscoe and I have been waiting to tide us over until breakfast, a few dozen Oysters Bienville:

Pascal's Manale Restaurant on Napoleon Avenue Uptown is my go-to location for fancy oyster dishes!"

Old 03-25-2020, 10:37 PM   #66
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is your Big Daddy of rock coming to you on WOWW Radio, the station with the mostest. Yes, this is Brer Foxhound and I've got another great stack of wax to play for all you avid listeners. But first a word from our sponsor!

Yes, now more than ever we should all listen to the advice of the medical profession. So reach for a Camel and you'll be happy, wealthy and wise ... or something like that anyway. Hmmmmm. Did that come out right?

In any event, I've put together a special show tonight for all you hardcore prog goons. I know you're out there!

That's it for me tonight! But keep those cards, letters, death threats, etc. coming! And tune in again tomorrow."

"Good, good! The combination plates of jambalaya, shrimp creole, and red beans and rice have arrived. Roscoe will be pleased.

Everything at the Gumbo Shop on St. Peter is so good that I often just get their combo plate."

Old 03-26-2020, 08:59 AM   #67
dr wu
Dr Prog

Gameroom cash: $3606
Give Thanks: 15
Re: WOWW Radio!

That was good fun.....I have all of those on original vinyl of course...(as well as cd....)
now that's prog......!
thanks again.....it's nice to hear the Nice ...been awhile since I played them.
dr wu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:48 AM   #68
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Good to see all these wires and letters of praise for yesterday's show pouring into our offices already!

Another good thing was beating the crowd to pick up some beignets from Café du Monde in the early pre-dawn hours this morning!

Mmmmmmm, I'm still licking powdered sugar off my whiskers. Roscoe though never has that problem.

I know! Maybe I'll do a special morning show today!"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww! This is your main man Foxhound coming to you on WOWW Radio! And I've got a special show for you listeners out there in radioland this morning but first a word from our sponsor:

Trix, it's not just for little kids either! It's for big kids who can't let go of the toys and music of their formative years too.

If you're not dead yet, you'll like these tunes!

This is Lord Foxhound signing off this morning, but tune in again later today!"

Old 03-26-2020, 10:07 PM   #69
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is your main man Foxhound coming to you on WOWW Radio and I've got a whole truckload of hits for all you real frantic ones tonight, but first a word from our sponsor.

Tarzan of the Apes is widely known from both print and electronic media. Never though was he more superbly portrayed than when he was rendered by the incomparable Joe Kubert in the pages of DC comics:

Find them at better comic shops everywhere! Prices may vary of course.

And here without further ado is our salute to Tarzan!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"Hey, they're here!

As a special treat for Roscoe and me I ordered up a variety of gourmet franks from my favourite Dat Dog location on Magazine Street!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-27-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:10 PM   #70
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooooowwwww!!! This is your rave fave Professor Foxhound coming to you live and off colour on WOWW Radio! And I've got a great show dedicated to some of the very best in glam rock today but first a word from our sponsor.

Fellows, are you tired of being such a pathetic little putz that even old Chinese women born during the Manchu dynasty kick sand in your face? Well I Foxhound can change all that. In just seven days I can make even you into a man. For my FREE step-by-step guide to almost instantly add pounds of vascular striated rippling muscles to your puny frame just send $349.95 to cover the cost of shipping and handling to:

Professor Foxhound
c/o WOWW Radio
General Delivery
New Orléans, Louisiana

Yes, and then free of charge I will send you my proprietary bodybuilding program, the very same one Frank Zane here used to win the coveted Mr. Olympia title three years in a row!

So don't wait until you go blind from all that sand being kicked into your eyes. Send in your $349.95 shipping and handling fee today for my FREE course!

And now let's get out the spider black mascara, eye glitter, metallic nail polish, leopard prints and platform heels and get ready to rock!

So we're signing off for tonight, but we'll be back tomorrow. Be sure to tune in again then!"

"There, they should be ready now! Earlier today I got The MAN's old aunt to cook up a mess of cabbage rolls just the way she learned to make them from her mother in the old country:

I just warmed up a couple dozen which should be just about enough to tide old Roscoe and me over until tomorrow."

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-16-2020 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #71
dr wu
Dr Prog

Gameroom cash: $3606
Give Thanks: 15
Re: WOWW Radio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is your main man Foxhound coming to you on WOWW Radio and I've got a whole truckload of hits for all you real frantic ones tonight, but first a word from our sponsor.

Tarzan of the Apes is widely known from both print and electronic media. Never though was he more superbly portrayed than when he was rendered by the incomparable Joe Kubert in the pages of DC comics:

Find them at better comic shops everywhere! Prices may vary of course.

And here without further ado is our salute to Tarzan!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"Hey, they're here!

As a special treat for Roscoe and me I ordered up a variety of gourmet franks from my favourite Dat Dog location on Magazine Street!"

With those dog pics,,I almost want to move to Nawlins.
dr wu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #72
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Oh man, did I ever get this Monster Bash pinball machine from July 1998 at a great price! With everybody else hunkered down in their personal bunkers there's some fantastic deals available out there for the shrewd shopper.

And I got the promo video Williams used to market it thrown in free of charge:

A little mood music and I'm all set for the rest of the morning!"