Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2020, 11:07 PM   #181
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $25221
Give Thanks: 233
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Foxhound the one and only Marquis de Pontchartrain coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show all stacked up to play tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Dubble Bubble Cry Baby Gum! So sour it's not for kids. In vending machines and in rolls at corner candy stores everwhere!

And now for yet another wave of the British Invasion!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Age of Dinosaurs' from 2013:

Not bad!"

Foxhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:33 PM   #182
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Foxhound your Count of Canal Street coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show featuring some of the very best in organ driven rock tunes of all time stacked up to play tonight, but first a word or two from our sponsor:

Yes, come up to Kool! And now for the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Spooks Run Wild' from 1941:

The East Side Kids meet Bela Lugosi!"

Old 06-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #183
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Rock Master Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight's show spotlights the songs of Roy Orbison, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, when you absolutely, positively need to get there fast, call for 'Bull!'

And now for the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Moby Dick' from 2010:

The good guy here is a 400 foot prehistoric relic of the deep."

Old 06-23-2020, 11:05 PM   #184
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooooowwwww!!! This is He-Man Foxhound coming to you live and off colour on WOWW Radio! And I've got a great show dedicated to some of the very best in country rock today but first a word from our sponsor.

Some of you may remember my offer to provide listeners with my free bodybuilding program. It was of course designed for you fellows in my listening audience who wanted to near instantly add pounds of vascular striated rippling muscles to your puny physiques.

Well I've now teamed up with Nurse Madeline, and she has added a companion booklet providing a training and dietary regimen for you young ladies who would like to maximize milk gland development while staying pert, trim, slim and sleek otherwise!

That's right, Nurse Madeline and I are now offering two FREE volumes in one to our loyal listeners because we like you! So just send $379.95 to cover the cost of shipping and handling to:

He-Man Foxhound
c/o WOWW Radio
New Orléans, Louisiana

Yes, and then FREE of charge we will send you our proprietary bodybuilding program, the very same one the legendary Joyce Gibson and Arnold Schwarzenegger used to build their awesome physiques!

So there's no need to stay underdeveloped a second longer! Just send in your $379.95 shipping and handling fee today for our FREE course!

Now here are the hits!

This is Foxhound, your big daddy of all that's cool, signing off for today. But tune in again tomorrow!"

Old 06-24-2020, 11:48 PM   #185
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!!! This is Monsignor Foxhound spreading the Gospel of Rock to the masses right here on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a whole stack of sweet soul music all ready to play tonight but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Schneiders Hot 'n Spicy Juicy Jumbos! So good that we here at the WOWW studio have them delivered from way up in Canada! Roscoe and i eat them by the dozen. Usually I like them on a bun with mustard, relish and onions:

But they're so good sometimes I eat them straight off the grill!

Roscoe though eats them whatever way he can get them. And now for the hits!

Old 06-26-2020, 12:33 AM   #186
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww! This is Doctor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we bring you the very best in rock music entertainment! And tonight we're going to feature some of the top tracks with prominent harmonica parts to ever crack the Billboard charts, but first this paid public service announcement:

And now for the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Land That Time Forgot' from 2009:

Not bad at all!"

Old 06-27-2020, 12:04 AM   #187
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we remain dedicated to bringing you the very best in rock entertainment on this side of the street! We'll be featuring some of the greatest hit songs performed by solo male artists tonight, but before that we have a special announcement. Our friend Valerio has informed me that tomorrow is 'Be kind to spotted beings day'! So do as Lana here is doing and be kind to the spotted being of your choice:

So take a spotted friend out for dinner tomorrow. BBQ ribs or steak would be nice. After all, spotted lives matter too!

And now for the hits:

Last edited by Foxhound : 06-29-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:58 PM   #188
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Question Re: WOWW Radio!

"Hmmmmm. We've been having some transmission problems here at Hit Radio WOWW since yesterday evening. Let's see if this broadcast gets out onto the airwaves:

So am I coming through loud and clear?"

Old 06-29-2020, 01:43 AM   #189
CrazyConnie
Kubes Champion, Cocktail Bar Champion, House of Chocolates Champion, Bejeweled Twist Blitz Champion, Eva Star Champion, Fling a Thing Champion, Math Lines Champion, !Dots! Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Bejeweled 3 Champion, Crusher Champion, Beadles Champion, Metal Monster II Champion, Flash Stars Champion, Jewel Quest Champion, Candy Match Champion, Color Blast Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $56427
Give Thanks: 108
Re: WOWW Radio!

CrazyConnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:21 PM   #190
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a particularly tall pile of garage rock discs all stacked up to play on our Garrard Z2000B turntable tonight.

First though I'd like to apologize for the technical difficulties which kept us off the air Saturday night and for the hasty set list I threw together yesterday night from whatever I could quickly key up from Nurse Madeline's iPod.

It turned out that there was nothing actually wrong with our studio's transmitter which I very carefully maintain. It seems that nutria which are now widespread in Louisiana had chewed through the wires leading to the transformer station serving some of the businesses in this area! Myself I rather suspect Hepcat put them up to it out of spite and jealousy. Nonetheless we're back on the air and ready to rock!

Oh, and before I forget, we hosted a very nice little dinner party for Valerio on the back deck here to commemorate 'Be kind to spotted beings day!' on Saturday.

Valerio was on his best behaviour and insists he didn't kill anyone on his way to the studio. The fact that he was transported here and back to the Audubon Zoo in an armoured car with guards equipped with tasers may have prompted Valerio to reveal his kinder, gentler side I suspect. Nonetheless, Madeline and I BBQed up a feast of a dozen racks of ribs and a few chicken halves for the four of us (including Roscoe of course) with plenty of baked beans and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner on the side.

A good time was had by all!

And now a word from tonight's sponsor:

Yes, we at WOWW Radio understand how cruel the years can be. There comes a time when we all think we may be getting old and have lost the vigour and vitality we had as youngsters. Well Charms Super Blow Pops are the answer! Sucking on Charms Super Blow Pops will restore the exuberance and edge you had in your younger days! Mark my words. With one of these in your mouth nobody will dismiss you as just another stolid old fart and upstanding member of the community.

And now for the hits:

That's it for tonight! But keep those cards and letters coming and tune in again tomorrow."

Old 06-30-2020, 11:20 PM   #191
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound, your main man for music coming to you live from Hit Radio WOWW here in the French Quarter! And tonight we're going to bring back the girls for another listen, yes we are! First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, gross out your mother with a Mattel Creepy Crawlers Thingmaker! At better antique malls and flea markets everywhere! Prices may vary.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Time of Their Lives' from 1946:

A curse dating back to the eighteenth century, ghosts, a haunted house, this one's another horror movie starring Abbott and Costello!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-05-2020 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:30 PM   #192
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Boy, this Dragon's Lair game that I bought for the studio earlier this week is nothing like any of the other video games we have in the staff lounge. It'll take me a while yet to master it."

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooooowwwww! This is Doctor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Before we get to tonight's stellar compilation of discs, I'd like to pass along a public health message coming directly from the governor's mansion just up the road in Bâton Rouge. Yes, Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards is at his wit's end and frustrated beyond belief with the recent upsurge in coronavirus cases in Louisiana. New case counts statewide had blessedly abated in May but they really started to surge upward again some three weeks ago. Today's count of 2041 new cases was shockingly high and represented the highest total since April 4th. Governor Edwards has therefore asked me to bring whatever influence I have to bear in the battle against this alien invasion of our fair shores.

So come on folks! I mean we're not like those airheads in Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, Washington and Phoenix. We have more sense than those people. It's not necessary to congregate with others to get plastered. Take it from George Thorogood & the Destroyers:

So please, drink alone! It's cheaper that way too.

Today's show spotlights the recordings of a favourite son of ours from up in Bâton Rouge, Johnny Rivers!

"Since we here at WOWW Radio are still practicing social distancing, we're screening yet another flick in the staff lounge tonight - 'Alien Siege' from 2018:

About as incompetent a bunch of aliens as I've ever seen. They couldn't shoot or do anything worth a damn and could be taken out by kids' fireworks."

Last edited by Foxhound : 07-05-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:55 PM   #193
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Professor Foxhound coming to you on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight we're going to feature tracks by a few more of the greatest drummers of all time, but first another one of our award winning paid public service announcements:

Yes, just say no! Whooops, does that make any sense? Let's see, logically (A---->-A)---->-A ... so, yes, that makes sense!

But enough of that. Here are the hits:

Charlie Watts

Keith Moon

Mick Fleetwood

Carl Palmer

Terry Bozzio

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'A Comedy of Terrors' from 1963:

With a cast consisting of Boris Karloff, Vincent Price, Basil Rathbone, Peter Lorrie and best of all Rhubarb, you can't go too far wrong."

Old 07-04-2020, 12:11 AM   #194
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowww!!! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show all stacked up and ready to play for you real frantic ones tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, scientific evidence has now confirmed a definite link between engines with overhead cam configurations and cancer! For far too long we the proud owners of flathead mills have been discriminated against by the automakers. Well it's high time we stood up for our rights and got the equality we deserve. In fact as soon as we fight off this Chinese virus invasion, I High Chancellor Foxhound will lead the membership of the National Association for the Advancement of Flatheads in a march on the White House to demand a flathead mill in every second automobile rolling off assembly lines in this fair country of ours. Equality now I say!

So join up with Frankie Avalon, Pete Millar, Annette Funicello and literally dozens of other members nationwide in the august National Association for the Advancement of Flatheads!

Tonight we're going to feature tracks by another great British Invasion band, the Hollies!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Nightmare' from 1964:

A Hammer film but not among the classics."

Old 07-04-2020, 11:13 PM   #195
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip,yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Baron von Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW late this Saturday evening! And I've got a monster of a show devoted to more of the best of Girls With Guitars for all you real frantic ones, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, for a hardcore sweet chocolatey syrupy treat, Cherry Blossoms can't be beat. No wusses need apply. At better chocolate candy emporiums!

Here now are the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Beyond the Trek'/'Teleios' from 2017:

Pretty good! I quite enjoyed it."

Old 07-05-2020, 11:44 PM   #196
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwww!!!! This is Foxhound the Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW with another edition of my Psychedelic Sunday Show! I know you've all been waiting for this one with anxious anticipation but hang on just a few minutes longer while we hear from tonight's sponsor:

Yes, you've come a long way baby! Those nasty snooty boys wouldn't let you join their club and hang out up in the treehouse or go rafting with them on the stream, but now you have your own cigarettes. Sweet revenge (well on somebody anyway)!

And now for the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Star Trek: Of Gods and Men' from 2007:

The movie has everything but a plot that makes any sense.

I hate the way time travel has been handled in the 'Star Trek' series since its introduction as a plot device. Come on. Everything one did whether a thousand, fifty or twenty years ago has been fully reflected in the time line since one did it a thousand, fifty or twenty years ago. Whatever one did back then happened back then and it's impact would not be delayed to suddenly take effect at the present time when one got the notion to tinker with something in the past. And logically if it happened, it happened and whatever tinkering one did back then merely ensured that whatever happened will/did happen. In other words, one can't change the past because whatever happened did happen. It's an incontrovertible fact."

Old 07-07-2020, 12:28 AM   #197
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Monsignor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where our mission remains spreading of the Gospel of rock to the masses! Tonight we're going to feature some more great tracks from Fat Possum Records, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Dubble Bubble Painterz taste great and will also paint your mouth a wild shade of green, blue, purple, orange, whatever! Nobody will dare dismiss you as just another respectable old fart when you chew Painterz. Buy them in bags or in 240 count tubs!

And here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Star Trek: Renegades' from 2015:

It's a good one!"

Old 07-08-2020, 12:31 AM   #198
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"God damn it! Oh Roscoe! Now I've lost my entire show. Bloody hell!"

Oh screw it all. I'm going to bed.

Whoops! Was I on the air?"