Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > 60's
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

60's Discuss your favorite classic rock & pop from the 60's.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2019, 04:41 AM   #1
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $61142
Give Thanks: 472
Jimi Hendrix live Band Of Gypsys box set announced

Jimi Hendrix's post-Experience group Band of Gypsys will be the focus of a new five-CD and eight-LP box set called Songs for Groovy Children: The Fillmore East Concerts.

The collection pulls together the four concerts that served as the world's introduction to the band. It presents the shows in their entirety, including more than two dozen tracks that have never appeared in full on commercially available recordings.

After breaking up the Experience and performing at Woodstock, Hendrix formed a new trio with drummer and singer Buddy Miles and bassist Billy Cox, whom Hendrix knew from their days in the Army.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/com...ildren-release

https://www.hennemusic.com/2019/10/j...ypsys-box.html

MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
dwill123
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $3816
Give Thanks: 0
Re: Jimi Hendrix live Band Of Gypsys box set announced

Now this is what I'm talking about. I know that I'm in the minority with this opinion but to me Band of Gypsys was the best Jimi ever was. I wish they had lasted. If Jimi and Buddy could have worked together better I think they would have seriously changed the sound of rock music. Just my thoughts.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:49 AM   #3
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwill123 View Post
Now this is what I'm talking about. I know that I'm in the minority with this opinion but to me Band of Gypsys was the best Jimi ever was. I wish they had lasted. If Jimi and Buddy could have worked together better I think they would have seriously changed the sound of rock music. Just my thoughts.
You may be right but it's really hard to judge since they only produced 1 live album.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:57 AM   #4
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsys Performances Appear in Expansive Box Set

Experience Hendrix L.L.C. and Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, are proud to release Songs For Groovy Children: The Fillmore East Concerts by Jimi Hendrix, on CD and digital November 22, with a vinyl release to follow on December 13. This collection assembles all four historic debut concerts by the legendary guitarist in their original performance sequence. The 5 CD or 8 vinyl set boasts over two dozen tracks that have either never before been released commercially or have been newly pressed and newly remixed. Those who pre-order the digital version will instantly receive the previously unreleased track “Message To Love,” from the second New Year’s Eve performance on the collection.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...ansive-box-set