Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2020, 11:56 PM   #217
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $33491
Give Thanks: 303
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is your ever loving Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. I've really had to dig deep to find artists I've not yet featured for tonight's installment of our ever popular Psychedelic Sunday show but I think I've succeeded.

First though I'd like to give a shout out to one of our most loyal listeners, Dr. Wu, who celebrated yet another birthday yesterday (although in the interests of discretion we won't say which one). Hopefully we'll all celebrate many more!

And now a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Scums! Nurse Madeline prescribes a few for Roscoe and me everyday to curb our appetite and thus keep our weight down.

And now let's get our our hit-fest rolling!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Diary of a Madman' from 1963:

It's a good one!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 02-20-2021 at 10:04 PM.
Foxhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:02 AM   #218
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwwww!!! This is Foxhound the one and only Marquis de Pontchartrain coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show all stacked up to play tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

Topps Gold Rush Bubble Gum has been a favourite of mine ever since I first saw those enticing little bags at my corner variety store. Absolutely delicious! In Grape and Cherry flavours as well as the original Fruit.

Tonight's spotlight is on the Box Tops, an excellent band that's not gotten much play on our show to this point simply because their recordings are so difficult to categorize:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Spider Woman' from 1943:

Wow! Deadly spiders, African pygmies, a femme fatale with the emphasis on the last word and Sherlock Holmes. 'Nuff said!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 06-19-2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:00 PM   #219
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Seigneur Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And tonight we have another tranche of some of the greatest hits that have come down out of Canada over the years. First though a word or three from our sponsor:

Yes, Play-Doh! America's favourite modelling compound for nearly 65 years. At your local store!

Here now are the hits:

Last edited by Foxhound : 02-20-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:32 AM   #220
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwwww!!! This is your main man Foxhound, the doctor of cool coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW from the heart of New Orléans! And I've got another great show featuring some of the greatest guitarists of all time, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Gritos! For those who settle for mass market Mexican snack foods because they're afraid to venture into the neighbourhoods where real life Mexicans live.

So make sure those drool cups are tightly fastened now because here are the hits!

Muddy Waters

George Harrison

Johnny Winter

Duane Allman

David Gilmour

That's it for me tonight! But tune in again tomorrow.

Old 07-31-2020, 12:22 AM   #221
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hey, hey, hey, are you listeners out there in radio land ready to rock? Well then this is your friendly neighbourhood baltic fox, and I've got the goods! Yes, that's right, it's me, Foxhound, the doctor of style here in the Big Easy, and I'm coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we play nothing but the hits! Tonight we'll be featuring another excellent band from which we haven't heard yet simply because they defy categorization, that being Union Gap with the great Gary Puckett on vocals. First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Thunderbird! You can pay more, a lot more, but you won't get there any faster. Thunderbird is for the efficiency expert in you and everybody!

Here now are the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Blood Suckers' from 1971:

A very good cast, but it's pretty slow and boring actually."

Old 07-31-2020, 11:35 PM   #222
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is your rave fave, Professor Foxhound, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show for all you real frantic ones tonight dedicated to some of the very best hit makers from Australia. First though this paid public service announcement:

For a sandwich up to our quality standards here at WOWW, you first need to start with all the right ingredients of course:

And now for the hits!

Old 08-01-2020, 11:32 PM   #223
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Monsignor Foxhound spreading the gospel of rock on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a great show for all you real frantic ones this evening featuring some of the top hits of those masters of swamp rock, Creedence Clearwater Revival! First though a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Ramm's Beer! It'll leave you cross-eyed and addled. Ideal for those evenings when you're out on the back porch overlooking the bayou!

And now for the hits!

Old 08-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #224
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww! This is Professor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we bring you the very best in rock music entertainment!

Sorry to not have been able to get a show on the air these last few days, but when the computer board goes down we're screwed here at WOWW. That's just the way it is these days. Therefore when the computer went down on Sunday, I gave Nurse Madeline a few days off which I'm sure she used to go shopping for more lipstick, eye shadow, nail polish and lingerie:

Roscoe and I went fishing for alligator gar and channel cats in the bayou on a Skeeter bass boat I rented:

We had an ice cooler full of Pepsi, Vernors, Barqs, Mountain Dew, Frostie Root Beer, Big Shot sodas and chocolate milk plus another one for various Acme po-boys and hot dogs and ribs for the portable BBQ with plenty of charcoal plus a crate brimming with popcorn, Zapp's Chips, Mr. Big chocolate bars, Vachon Passion Flakies and Hostess Fruit Pies. In short everything we actually needed.

Not that we caught anything though since I forgot to pick up any bait. It didn't matter though since we had all the essentials needed to wile away the hours out in the bayou.

Tonight we're going to feature some of the top tracks with prominent harmonica parts to ever crack the Billboard charts, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, when you're in Tijuana try the cuisine at the Blue Fox! Eat in or take out, never a bad meal at the Blue Fox.

Here now are the hits:

That's it for today! Tune in again tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to get another show on the air."

Last edited by Foxhound : 08-19-2020 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #225
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooowwww!!! This is Dr. Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we play nothing but the hits! Due to ongoing computer problems, I'm keeping today's show short and sweet, and there's not been many artists producing more sweet hits in the last 65 years than the Everly Brothers. First though a word from our sponsor:

Because when you're out of Schlitz, you're out of beer!

And now for the hits:

That's it today! Hopefully we'll be able to get back to regular broadcasts by the weekend."

Last edited by Foxhound : 12-06-2020 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:59 PM   #226
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hey, hey, hey, this is Professor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW and we're back! Yes, despite our hard drive crashing last week, we've brought our systems back on line and our computer problems should now be a thing of the past (well I hope). And I have a great show all stacked up to play tonight, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, we gentlemen prefer to travel by train. Sit back, relax, read the newspaper or a magazine, eat hot dogs and potato chips and just watch the world go by.

And now here are tonight's new wave of hits
!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow for the best in rock entertainment on this side of the tracks."

Old 08-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #227
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooooowww! This is Brer Foxhound here on Hit Radio WOWW Radio, where we play nothing but the hits! And I've got some of the very best tracks ever released on the Chess label all stacked up and ready to play, but first a word from the Dodge Boys:

Ed 'The Ace' McCulloch is not a man with time to waste. When he wants to get somewhere like Tijuana, he wants to get there fast! And that's why Ed's choice is Dodge.

But in the interests of full disclosure, Dodges aren't for everyone. If you're one of those soccer moms who thinks it's right and proper to drive the kids everywhere instead of just giving them a good swift boot to the ass and telling them to walk, well then a Dodge like Ed's isn't for you. Dodges are for the man who wants to get well away from any kids as fast as possible.

Dodge, they're not for the man who goes with the crowd; they're for the man who wants to get away from the crowd - and fast!

And now for the hits!

That's it for tonight! But keep those cards and letters coming and tune in again tomorrow."

Old 08-13-2020, 10:37 PM   #228
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we play all the hits. Tonight we're going to spotlight some the tunes of a foursome from Detroit who had hit after chart hit during top forty radio's peak years. But first this word from our sponsor:

Go Daddy, go!

Here now are some sweet tunes from the Four Tops!

That's it for tonight! Tune in again tomorrow."

Last edited by Foxhound : 08-15-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:43 PM   #229
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwwww! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you on Hit Radio WOWW with more of the best wax in town. And I've got another great show all stacked up to play for all you prog goons out there, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Deputy Dawg has made the transition to the literary world. Ask for 'Deputy Dawg' comics by name at your local comic shop. And if you get a dumb look, well you know what to do!

And now for the hits!

That's it for tonight! But be sure to tune in again tomorrow."

Old 08-15-2020, 11:40 PM   #230
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is schlock master, errrrr make that rock master, Foxhound here on Hit Radio WOWW! Tonight we have a whole boxcar full of some of the best organ driven rock tunes of all time, but first this very important public service announcement:

The Food and Drug Administration of the Department of Health and Human Services up in Washington has now conclusively linked the use of artificial sweeteners to death. Yes, after an exhaustive study spanning over six decades and costing $billions of other peoples' money (well that's the way they do things up in Washington), the FDA has determined that a full 100% of the humans and other test subjects who have used artificial sweeteners have gone on to die. That's right, 100%! So just say "No!" to chemical sweeteners and stick to pure, natural wholesome sugar and high fructose corn syrup. You know you'll never find Nurse Madeline using the artificial stuff and look how healthy she is!

Here now are the hits!

That's it for tonight! But keep those cards and letters coming and tune in again tomorrow."

Old 08-16-2020, 10:50 PM   #231
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowww! This is Foxhound, the Doctor of Cool, coming to you live this evening on HIT Radio WOWW! And I've got a great show dedicated to the best in country rock this Sunday evening but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, No-Dak film! For the times when you'd rather keep those indiscretions (shall we say) off social media.

Here now are the hits!

Old 08-17-2020, 11:54 PM   #232
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrroowww!!! This is Hit Radio WOWW and I'm your main man of rock, Foxhound, with a stackful of hits for y'all this Monday evening. First though a paid public service announcement:

Yes, a person can't be too careful these days. Commies and other foreign agent saboteurs can be lurking anywhere. Why at this very moment Trotskyites may be working to bring down this very station! Remember, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

So tonight we're bringing back the girls, yes we are!

Old 08-18-2020, 11:42 PM   #233
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"I've been thinking of doing some much needed renovations to the office kitchen area and adding a dramatic new feature to the staff lounge. I've been hesitating though since I'm very concerned about the impact of this COVID-19 thing on Hit Radio WOWW's continued ability to pull in good advertising revenues. I know! I'll go see my friend Madame Scout over by Jackson Square for a reading. Her tarot cards will tell all."

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!!! This is your top rock & roll animal on any board, Foxhound, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got a whole spindle full of sweet soul music to play tonight, yes I do! But first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, ho ho ho! No, not the kind out there in the French Quarter, the kind in your freezer! What, no, no, no, I don't mean that at all! Frozen corn, peas, carrots, lima beans, that kind of thing. Nurse Madeline keeps stressing the importance of eating some vegetables everyday.

Anyway, here are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Mouse on the Moon' from 1963:

Great fun!"

Old 08-19-2020, 11:45 PM   #234
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!" This is your High Chancellor of Rock, Lord Foxhound, on Hit Radio WOWW and tonight I've got the foxiest show yet for all you loyal listeners, yes I do! First though a word from tonight's sponsor:

Yes, Vernor's Ginger Ale! More bite, more gingery, it's just deliciously different!

Here now are the hits!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow.

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Black Friday' from 1940:

Cool!"