Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2021, 11:44 PM   #451
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $31710
Give Thanks: 291
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Seigneur Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight we'll be airing a Sly & the Family Stone retrospective. First though this word from our sponsor:

Marital troubles? But marriage counselling is well beyond your means?

No problem! John and Blanche Bickerson's time tested guide to marital harmony complete with real life examples is now available on CD as well as vinyl and cassette. Yes, you'll never know how good you have it till you listen to the Bickersons!

That's it for now! But tune in again tomorrow."

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:43 AM   #452
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we remain dedicated to bringing you the very best in rock entertainment on this side of the street! Tonight we're going to be presenting a few more of the greatest hit instrumentals of all time, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Lysol, for those feminine hygiene problems. Good on floors and windows too!

Here now are the hits:

Old 03-28-2021, 11:01 PM   #453
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your mad dog of rock here on Hit Radio WOWW. We're going to spotlight David Bowie on tonight's show but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, the game is Broomsticks! But you need a pair to play. At your local mens' clothing store.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Jerk Theory' from 2009:

The tired traditional plot."

Old 03-29-2021, 11:37 PM   #454
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a great show featuring some of the best bass players of all time all stacked up and ready to play, but first this word from the Free Thinkers League of America:

Yes, four out of five men want Oxfords in Van Heusen styles. So if you're a non-conformist or iconoclast who prefers not to go with the crowd, you'll wear something else, anything else!

Here now are the hits:

Willie Dixon

Chris Stainton

Ric Grech

Phil Lesh

Bootsy Collins

Chris Squire

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein from 1948:

Great cast and I quite enjoyed it!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 04-01-2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:45 PM   #455
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrroowww!!! This is Hit Radio WOWW and this is Brer Foxhound coming to you live and off colour! And I've got a great show for y'all tonight featuring some of the biggest hits featuring fuzzbox guitar effects. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Winstons. So real, so rich, so good and deadly! Remember, the family that smokes together, uhhhhh, well we better not get into that shall we?

But here now are the hits!

Old 03-31-2021, 11:40 PM   #456
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooooowwww!! This is the one and only Foxhound coming to you over the airwaves courtesy of Hit Radio WOWW from New Orléans! But before we get to tonight's show, a quick word from our sponsor, the Backstreet Girls of the Big Easy:

Yes, find your friendly neighbourhood back street girls in every alley way and many corners of this fair city!

Here though is a set of songs for you fellows with a different preference in women:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Vault of Horror from 1973:

A good one!"

Last edited by Foxhound : 04-09-2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:08 PM   #457
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound, your renard du bayou, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! We're going to do a retrospective of the hits of those great 20th century troubadours, Peter & Gordon, on tonight's show but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Quick Way Bar Mix! for those who demand only the largest lemons.

Here now are the hits:

Old 04-02-2021, 11:45 PM   #458
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Hey, hey, hey! This is your rave fave DJ Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. It's time again to get out those white leisure suits and black boot heels because we're going to get down with some disco dancing tunes tonight! But first this word from our sponsor, the Louisiana Optometrists Association:

Your visual acuity not what it should be? Well a quick trip to the office of your friendly neighbourhood optometrist can shall we say act to prevent unforeseen misapprehensions.

Here now are the hits!

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Shadow of the Cat' from 1961:

A thrilling B&W Hammer flick in which Hepcat's cousin exacts sweet revenge on the evildoers!"

Old 04-03-2021, 11:34 PM   #459
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound the Beatnik Bandit of the Big easy coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! We're going to air a retrospective of the hits of Gary Lewis & the Playboys tonight, but first this word from our sponsor, the U.S. Air Force:

Yes, despite this COVID nastiness, the United States Air Force is still providing opportunities for highly motivated and ambitious high school graduates. In fact they're even flexible on that last part. So if you're interested in a career where you can fly to far away places and then bomb them to smithereens, talk to your local Air Force recruiting officer. You won't regret it, though others may.

Here now are the hits:

Old 04-04-2021, 11:22 PM   #460
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrrooooowwwww!!!! This is Brer Foxhound your maestro of rock music coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a special Easter Sunday show all stacked up to play this evening, but first this word from Mother's Restaurant on Poydras Street:

Yes, Mother's Restaurant, for the best baked ham in the world! And a Mother's ham with scalloped potatoes and succotash was exactly what we had for our Easter dinner here in the studio today:

The girls had to guard the ham carefully while they were re-heating it because Roscoe was eyeing it hungrily and he's not known for his patience.

Then of course we broke into a box of assorted Elmer's Heavenly Hash Eggs for dessert:

Mmmmmm, delicious!

Here though are the hits:

Old 04-06-2021, 12:36 AM   #461
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Oh no! Damn it all to hell! I just lost my special birthday show seconds before I was ready to broadcast. Gone into the ether with no way to retrieve it. Damn these computer quirks. The idiot who thought that left clicking would be a helpful way to highlight all the text on a whole page should be flogged. The FCC was behind it all I know. And like I say on my birthday. So frustrating, so deflating."

Old 04-07-2021, 12:29 AM   #462
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! Yes, we're back! This is Foxhound your Mad Maestro of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. We spent this morning tracking down the cause of our broadcast problem yesterday and we learned it was due to an electronic attack by the FCC in Washington. It was a loathsome and reprehensible action by the Washington crowd that can only be interpreted as a direct assault on the culture and institutions of the proud Cajun people of Louisiana. We though shall never surrender!

To prevent any such future interruptions of our programming, I've employed my technical wizardry to erect a firewall that the Feds won't be able to breach.

In any event, we had quite a party here at the studio yesterday to celebrate my birthday. The MAN's old aunt cooked up several hundred of the mushroom variety of koldūnai drenched in a sour cream and butter sauce with bacon bits.

While the koldūnai were cooking, she fried up several tall stacks of potato pancakes:

Then for dessert the girls unveiled a truly dazzling cake featuring at least my minimum recommended daily requirement of all my favourite artificial food colourings:

Mmmmmm, the butter cream icing was so rich that it even met Roscoe's demanding standards when it came to calorie content!

And yes, very predictably Hepcat arrived just in time to partake of the feast. But I'm glad he did because for a birthday present he brought me this fabulous SPP wallet with the Creature on one side and Wolfman on the other:

I mean how many business tycoons carry around wallets that can beat that? Meanwhile the girls chipped in together and got me this fantastic Kenner Rocky & Bullwinkle Presto Sparkle Paint set:

And even Roscoe somehow tracked down (with help from the girls I'm guessing) this nifty Hasbro Marble Maze:

Man, what a birthday haul! All the stuff I got was so cool it made me feel like dancing. So that's exactly what we did all evening (even Roscoe although with his low center of gravity he can't do any more than break dance):

Before we sign off, a word from our sponsor:

Chow, chow, chow!"

Old 04-07-2021, 10:44 PM   #463
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Foxhound Professor Emeritus of Rock Music here in the Crescent City coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight we're going to do a retrospective of some of the hits of one of the greatest troubadours of the 1970's (well before he found religion anyway), Cat Stevens! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Jester Wools have robbed the rainbow to make you gay. So when you absolutely, positively need to be gay, reach for Jester Wools and reap all the benefits gayness brings!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Woman in Black' from 1989:

A nice happy ending!"

Old 04-09-2021, 12:13 AM   #464
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroowww!!! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live and off colour on Hit Radio WOWW. We're going to be spotlighting the hits of a favourite band of all you prog goons out there tonight, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, we men talk! First of all though about football and the betting line, then baseball, hockey and basketball, then about who makes the fastest cars, then about the latest buffoon in Washington and/or Bâton Rouge out to spend us to ruin and raise our taxes, then politics and wars in general and then maybe the size of your tits if we've noticed you at all. I suppose we may eventually get around to underarm deodorants and which one you might use or recommend, but we'd have to be pretty drunk by that time so you can pretty well discount everything we say. By that time it would also be pretty easy to take advantage of us in any way you so desire regardless of what deodorant you use. But buy Mum deodorant because men talk!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires' from 1974:

Well...."

Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 PM   #465
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Dr. Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. I've got another great show for all you real frantic listeners tonight, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Bazooka, Young America's Favourite for very good reason! Take it from me, Foxhound, the acknowledged blowhard of the Gulf Coast!

And here now are a few more of the greatest bubble gum rock hits ever recorded:

Old 04-11-2021, 12:33 AM   #466
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness here in the Big Easy coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. We have a very special show tonight featuring the hits that raised the bar for rock music. Yes, the ones that you immediately knew had both expanded the boundaries of rock music and dramatically impacted its direction. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Play-Doh! It beats risking the little brats getting fingerpaint all over the walls.

Here now are the hits that were the game changers for rock music:

Whew! If that set didn't knock you flat on your ass, your taste in music must lean toward Lawrence Welk.

Tune in again tomorrow for the best in rock entertainment on the Gulf Coast!"

Old 04-11-2021, 11:37 PM   #467
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Deacon of the Discs coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And tonight we're going to spotlight some of the hits of Chicago to which many of us Delta dwellers have had cause to flee over the decades:

First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, Fairy Soap can handle those tough jobs!

Here now are the hits:

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

Old 04-13-2021, 12:30 AM   #468
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Oh scream! This is the second show I've lost completely this week seconds before I was about to post. After safeguarding myself from last week's disaster, I found a new even more decisive way to do it. The idiots who program these machines don't anticipate the disasters that can arise from garden variety clumsiness, this time from picking a smilie.

And once again it was a more elaborate show since I was going to follow up on my show from a couple of days ago by airing the hits that were game changers for folk music. God damn it!"