Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2020, 10:45 PM   #199
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $25236
Give Thanks: 234
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your one and only Baron de Bienville coming to you live and off colour on Hit Radio WOWW!

First of all I'd like to apologize for the technical problem that kept us off the air last night. Quite simply Roscoe inadvertently pulled the plug on my show. Radio broadcast technology has evolved enormously over the last twenty years and I'm proud to say that we at WOWW have been at the forefront of the improvements. These days most of what ends up on the airwaves is pre-programmed on a computer keyboard. Well I was minutes away from being able to broadcst yesterday evening and Roscoe inadvertently pulled the plug out of the wall socket. He was doing his usual nosing around under tables and in corners for forgotten pizza crusts, popcorn, potato chips, Halloween candy, whatever, and he managed to pull the plug out of the wall with one of his limbs. I mean what could I do? He said he was sorry. Was I supposed to fire him or something? I mean Madeline was in tears for Roscoe.

In any event, we had a surprise visitor at the studio today, Temple McFlathead. That's right, ole' Temp himself even though he's pushing 100! It seems that he didn't like the way things were evolving in California back in the early 1970's so he pulled up stakes and moved to the Louisiana bayou. Evidently his mother is Cajun by birth and she met Temp's father at the Mardi Gras. So after he heard the commercial we ran last week for the august N.A.A.F.H. of which he was a founding father, he decided to drop in on the studio! He told us he's still hot rodding with his flathead roadster and regaled Madeline, Roscoe and me with stories from his California days:

Heeee, heeee, heeee! Yes, indeed, there's more than one way to skin a cat!

Tonight we have here another installment of our series of shows specifically catering to you prog goons out there in our listening audience. First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, during these troubled times we all understand that sometimes we have to economize. When funds are scarce we can't necessarily afford top shelf beverages. But there still remain those occasions when a person absolutely, positively needs to get there fast. Like say when you have to spend an entire evening looking at your mother-in-law who's well past her best-before date while she prattles on endlessly about the importance of a liberal arts education and saving the tall grass prairie. Well that's when you reach for Mad Dawg 20/20 down there on the bottom shelf! Why pay more when the Dawg gets the job done every time?

Here now are the hits:

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow.

Foxhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:10 PM   #200
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooooowwwww! This is Doctor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. I'd like to pass along a public health message coming directly from the governor's mansion just up the road in Bâton Rouge. Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards says he doesn't care what you drink or how much you drink. He doesn't care where you drink either, in your rec room, on your front porch, on your rear deck, in your garage, in the alleyway out back, by the tracks, wherever. 'Just drink alone, damn it! We need to get this virus thing under control' are his exact words.

Tonight we'll be featuring tracks showcasing a few more of the greatest guitarists of all time, but first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Hot Wheels! They're fun! And they're not just for kids anymore.

Here now are the hits:

Chuck Berry

Buddy Guy

B.B. King

Keith Richards

Leslie West

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Renegades: The Requiem' from 2017:

Very cool, but just the first episode of a series to be (we all hope anyway)."

Old 07-11-2020, 12:22 AM   #201
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrroooowwww!!! This is Rock Meister Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another great show for all you loyal listeners tonight spotlighting hits of one of the greatest rock troubadours of the 20th century, Neil Diamond! But first a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Radio Free Europe! More necessary than ever these days because the Commies aren't gone but only gone into hiding. Just like Vlad Poutine they could still be lurking under every rock. So give generously!

Here now are the hits:

That's it for me tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Horizon: Romulan War' from 2016:

Wow, Romulans! Should be beyond cool, right? Well there's little in the way of Romulans or their rad Warbird spaceships, just a convoluted plot without a single appealing actor of either sex. Boring and forgettable."

Old 07-11-2020, 11:32 PM   #202
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your pied piper of rock here in the Crescent City coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And tonight we have another tranche of some of the greatest hits that have come down out of Canada over the years! But first this paid public service announcement:

Yes boys, it's true! You can never get too early a start on this social distancing thing. Just stay away from people and you'll be fine.

And now for the hits!

That's it for tonight! But keep those cards and letters coming and tune in again tomorrow."

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Uncle Was a Vampire' from 1959:

A fun flick! Christopher Lee's second vampire role. I quite enjoyed it."

Old 07-12-2020, 11:45 PM   #203
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwwww! This is Foxhound, your mad dog of rock, coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another tranche of some of the greatest country rock hits of all time stacked up to play tonight, but first a quick word from our sponsor:

Yes, Ton 'o' Gum is the final frontier. When too much of a good thing is still not enough, there's Topps Ton 'o' Gum. Now in Cherry and Grape flavours as well!

And now for the hits!

That's it for tonight! But tune in again tomorrow."

Old 07-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #204
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrooowwww! This is Professor Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. As the Chief Metallurgist here in Orléans Parish, I'll be digging deep for heavy metals this evening but first this word from our sponsor:

Mmmmm, delicious! A&W is where Roscoe and I go when we're in the mood for fine dining.

And now for the hits!

That's it for tonight. Eeeeeek!!!! Roscoe's hyperventilating and thrashing around under the table! Quick, Madeline, toss this one on the turntable:

There, there, Roscoe. It's alright. I'll get us a big bag of Teenburgers."