Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2019, 04:46 AM   #1
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $59607
Give Thanks: 461
Rush Reunion Unlikely Says Geddy

Rush unofficially retired following their last tour due to health reasons and now frontman Geddy Lee says that despite remaining close, he does not see the three of them working together again.

As the band embarked on the R40 tour to celebrate their 40th anniversary, guitarist Alex Lifeson stated that it would likely be the group's last full scale tour. Lifeson has been battling psoriatic arthritis and drummer Neil Peart has chronic tendinitis.

Geddy recently sat down with The Chronicle Herald to discuss his "Big Beautiful Book of Bass" and during the conversation he was asked about the possibility of the iconic trio working together again and he responded, "I don't really know. Alex is turning into this super session guy.

"He loves playing on other people's records without the responsibilities of having to write anything other than his solo. I know he's really digging that.

"I've been doing the book, but we talk, quite a lot. We see each other quite a lot. And we visit with Neil quite often. So we're all close but I don't think we would ever do a project - the three of us.

"It's certainly possible that Alex and I would do something down the road. I can't see the three of us ever really doing anything."
MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:05 AM   #2
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Re: Rush Reunion Unlikely Says Geddy

There's No Plans To Do Any More Rush Projects Says Geddy Lee

Rush icon Geddy Lee says that there are no plans to do any more projects with the band, following the end of their unofficial retirement tour back in 2015.

Lee is busy promoting his book "Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book Of Bass" and was asked what he plans to do next during a recent BBC Radio 6 interview.

He responded, "I don't know what my next step is. Rush basically stopped touring in 2015, and although we remain pals, there's no plans to do any more Rush projects.

"Alex has been doing a variety of guest spots here and there, and he's digging that. And I've been working on this book, and now I'm shamelessly promoting the book, travelling around the world.

"So, when this is all done and the dust settles, I'll go back and look at those hundreds of bass guitars that are staring me in the face guiltily and I'll figure out what the next step is."
Old 06-20-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Rush Detail ‘Exercise in Fan Indulgence’ in New ‘Cinema Strangiato’ Trailer

Preview of upcoming film screening teases previously soundcheck and backstage footage from band’s R40 tour, plus interviews with Rush superfans Tom Morello, Billy Corgan, and Taylor Hawkins

At this point, it’s pretty clear that Rush have no real future as either a studio or live band. But this August, a little more than four years after the Canadian prog-rock legends played their final notes together onstage in 2015, fans will have the chance to celebrate the group at worldwide, one-night-only screenings of a new film called Cinema Strangiato. Today, they’re teasing the contents with a new trailer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...railer-849787/

Old 08-19-2019, 03:57 AM   #4
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

No Rush Do-overs For Geddy Lee

Rush frontman Geddy Lee says that with hindsight he recognizes something he might have done differently with some of the band's classic songs but says that there are very few things he would actually change.

Lee was asked during a Q&A at the Dancehouse Theatre in Manchester, England if he wishes he could redo any Rush songs and he responded, "Oh, God. Probably the longer I looked, the more I would find. It's funny what happens in time, when you finish a record, I'm a harsh judge of a record I just finished. And then you go through this period where you go, 'Oh' You've taken a month away from it, you're out on tour and you're learning the songs and you hear it on the radio and you go, Oh, that was better than I thought t was.'

"And then time travels at quite an alarming rate, and, for me, when I look back at the very old stuff, I hear things that I couldn't possibly have heard about those songs.

"So when I look at the earliest records, of course, there are a few things that I would rather have redone at the time, but you can't change the past. And I tend to appreciate it more than I thought I would. There are very few I would really go back and change again, because I don't think that's the way it works."