Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2021, 12:05 AM   #577
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $34412
Give Thanks: 304
Exclamation Re: WOWW Radio!

"So I made an appointment for a reading with Madame Scout next Wednesday to get a feel for what lies in store for Hit Radio WOWW:

After all, if the future's clear to anybody, it's going to be to Madame Scout!"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowww!!! This is your Foxhound of the Coupe de Villes coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! I dug deep into our record stacks to find a stack of smoking hot hits for tonight's show, yes I did! First though this word from our sponsor, the Used Car Dealers Association of Louisiana:

Yes, Corvette! Every Jumping Jack Flash's dream car! At your corner used car lot. Prices may of course vary.

Here now are tonight's hits!

That's it for now! But tune in again tomorrow."

Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:15 PM   #578
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is your Foxhound of the Coupe de Villes coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another stack of smoking hot hits all keyed up to play tonight but first this word from our sponsor, the Used Car Dealers Association of Louisiana:

Yes, make your catch a Charger by Dodge! At your corner used car lot. Prices may of course vary.

Here now are tonight's hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Blob' from 1958:

Fabulous! I loved the 30's Ford(?) Coupe and the diner."

Old 08-01-2021, 11:33 PM   #579
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowww!!! This is your Foxhound of the Coupe de Villes coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got a show tonight that's guaranteed to please! First though this word from our sponsor, the Used Car Dealers Association of Louisiana:

Yes, with Pontiac you get power and style! At your corner used car lot. Prices may of course vary.

Here now are the hits:

Old 08-03-2021, 12:14 AM   #580
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Prince of Rockness coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Tonight we have a special show for all you muthas out there, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, your new electric toy is now available at your Nissan dealer who may even be willing to include the batteries!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll' from 1960:

Hammer's alternate take on the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tale is quite good!"

Old 08-03-2021, 11:35 PM   #581
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW where we always reach deep to find the hits you haven't heard in a coon's age. So forget about crying for mercy because we're just going to keep on hitting tonight and every night.

Harley-Davidson! Because you don't read Japanese, you don't write Japanese and you don't ride Japanese.

Here now are the hits:

Old 08-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #582
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"So Madame Scout had to postpone the appointment I had with her today for a reading.

Evidently she's got such a backlog of emergency cases due to this COVID thing that she's not been able to catch up. Not really a problem. My question can wait till next week."

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Rock Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And we've got a great show featuring hits by country rock legend Marty Robbins tonight!

First though this important word from our sponsor, Maid-Rite. Gentlemen, are you married to one of those hippie-dippie ecologically conscious New Age women who is constantly prattling on about global warming and the importance of going green to preserve the environment? Well then we here at Maid-Rite have just the thing to establish your bonafides with the little woman! Sell that big space wasting energy guzzling washing machine in the laundry room and replace it with a Maid-Rite washboard:

Think of how much you'll save on your energy bill, money that can instead be spent on beer! And the little woman will absolutely love you for the kind consideration you're showing.

Here now are the hits:

Old 08-06-2021, 12:25 AM   #583
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Eeeeeek, I've been here since early this morning and it's now nearly midnight! I spend so much time here at the studio that it's actually become a second home to me. And why not? Pinball machines, video games, a couple slot car tracks, a big screen plasma TV, a fabulous stereo, a well stocked larder, pleasantly stacked serving wenches, all the comforts of home and more, what else can a renard want?"

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound le Marquis de Marigny coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I've got another great show tonight to keep Hit Radio WOWW the home setting on your radio dial, but first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, B&M's Torque Converter! Because there are times when getting out of the hole fast is all important.

Here now are the hits:

Old 08-07-2021, 12:10 AM   #584
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. And I'm dressed to the nines with my tophat and tail tonight and so is the show I've got all stacked up to play! First though this word from our sponsor:

Yes, get blown by Street Flash! Your supercharged Detroit iron will then leave any punk kid in his nitrous injected rice rocket quaking in terror at the lights.

Here now are the hits:

Old 08-08-2021, 12:58 AM   #585
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Dr. Foxhound your Professor Emeritus of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Listeners have been calling and calling for weeks demanding I play more hits every night but there's a real constraint limiting the length of our shows. The problem you see is that if we're on the air too long the FCC gets a fix on our signal and jams it! The only way therefore that we can extend our shows with more hits is to cut out the commercials. Without the advertising revenues coming in though, we'd have to shutter our doors. So just tonight we'll do a longer commercial free show, but this is a special one-time thing.

So here now are the hits:

Old 08-08-2021, 10:32 PM   #586
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your High Chancellor Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Since you're all tuned in by now tonight, I've got a show sure to please everybody! But first this word from our sponsor:

Yes, smart husbands know that making sure the little lady is well supplied with Ivory Soap will keep her off the warpath!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'What a Carve Up!' from 1961:

Pretty good!"

Old 08-09-2021, 11:11 PM   #587
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Foxhound your Marquis de Pontchartrain coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. We'll be featuring hits by legendary prog band Supertramp on tonight's show, but first this important word from our sponsor:

You know we're well into August already and in a couple of months time they'll be a chill in the air overnight although days could still be balmy. Yes Injun, errrrr Indian that is, Summer will be upon us and a Sunbeam electric blanket and a several squaws (real or fake Indian what does it matter?) will be just what you need!

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'Putney Swope' from 1969:

Critically lauded by the artsy film crowd because it makes some sort of statement about the advertising industry and consumer culture in America as well as the cultural divide between whites and blacks. Well the only statement in which I'm interested when it comes to movies is 'This flick is great!' Well Putney Swope certainly doesn't make that statement. In fact it was so disjointed and just plain lousy that the only reason I endured it to the end was so I could say I gave it a fair chance before dismissing it as a complete waste of time."

Last edited by Foxhound : 08-13-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:35 PM   #588
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Brer Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW and I've got half a mind, errrrr scratch that half part, I've got a mind to broadcast some hits tonight! First though this important word from our sponsor:

Yes ladies, Teflon cookware by DuPont is every bit as slippery as the good men out there. Only the no-account wastrels and drunks are an easy catch.

Here now are the hits:

"The flick we're screening tonight in the staff lounge is 'National Lampoon's Holiday Reunion' from 2003:

Not as funny as some 'National Lampoon' flicks but still pretty good."

Old 08-11-2021, 11:29 PM   #589
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Lord Foxhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW!

Are you ready to rock tonight out there in radioland? I said are you ready to rock? Well ready or not, we're about to rock your socks off just after this important announcement:

Mmmmmm, Gaines-Burgers! I always take a few boxes along when Roscoe and I go out to the lodge out on the bayou. A box or two of those is his favourite bed time snack.

Here now are the hits:

Old 08-13-2021, 12:30 AM   #590
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Dr. Foxhound Professor Emeritus of Rock coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW. Yes, rock is where we live here at Hit Radio WOWW because we're the house of rock! And I'm going to demonstrate precisely that again on tonight's show but first this word from our sponsor:

Are 'Reader's Digest', the 'Christian Science Monitor', 'Parent's Magazine', 'Farmer's Almanac', 'Good Housekeeping' and those other mainstream publications not doing it for you these days? Need a magazine that delivers the goods? Well 'True Men Stories' is the magazine for you, the man who demands action and cutting edge insight! Subscribe today!

Here now are the hits:

Old 08-13-2021, 11:45 PM   #591
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooowwww! This is Parson Foxhound spreading the Gospel of Rock clear across the Gulf of Mexico here on Hit Radio WOWW. And tonight we'll be airing a Dusty Springfield retrospective, yes we will. First though this word from our sponsor, Thrush Exhaust:

'

Yes, with Thrush headers and mufflers you'll be so vigorously beset by smoking hot women that you're going to need a horse's power and stamina.

And don't forget the cigar!

Here now are the hits:

Old 08-15-2021, 01:40 AM   #592
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrooooowwwww! This is Foxhound your Dauphin of Decatur Street coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And you better believe that I've got a great show tonight for all you listeners out there in radioland. First though this word from our sponsor, Charlie's Steak House on Dryades Street Uptown:

Family run since 1932, Charlie's Steak House is the oldest steak house in New Orléans. As such it's a casual old-fashioned eatery that simply serves the best steaks in town at reasonable prices. And they welcome you back like an old friend. Why whenever Roscoe and I drop in every few weeks it's always 'Ahhhhhh, Monsieur Foxhound, glad to see you again! Will you have your usual medium well done 10 ounce filet with asparagus tips, creamed spinach, mushrooms bordelaise, potatoes au gratin and onion rings on the side plus a salad and garlic bread to tide you over while you wait for your dinner? And a bowl of spumoni ice cream for dessert? And will your companion here have his usual 32 ounce T-bone rare plus a potpourri of whatever scraps our chef can throw together on a paper plate?'

Here now are the hits:

Last edited by Foxhound : 08-16-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:46 PM   #593
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your Baron de Bienville coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I've got another pile of great discs all stacked up to play on our trusty Garrard tonight, but first this word from our sponsor:

Ladies, is it all just talk when you say that we must reduce our energy footprint? Or are you the real deal when it comes to being environmentally conscious? Well if you want to show up all those hypocrites who are nothing but talk when it comes to the environment and aren't willing to do a thing to reduce carbon emissions, the Greenway Umbrella Clothes Dryer is just the thing for you! The Greenway Umbrella Clothes Dryer is 100% powered by renewable solar and wind energy sources and its usage leaves a zero carbon footprint!

And best of all you'll be able to get rid of that energy guzzling space wasting electric clothes dryer and devote the room you free up to your knitting supplies! Then with any luck you can get rid of that beer guzzling space wasting husband of yours as well.

Time now for the hits:

Old 08-16-2021, 11:00 PM   #594
Foxhound
Classic Rocker

"Yip, yip, yip, arrrroooowwww!!! This is Foxhound your friendly neighbourhood hellhound coming to you live on Hit Radio WOWW! And I'm proud to report that with the steady improvements we've been making in our broadcast equipment since in the past year, our signal is now coming through loud and clear from Little Rock, Arkansas down to Key West off the southern tip of Florida and Brownsville in the very south of Texas. In fact our signal reaches right across the Gulf to Cancun, Mexico and Havana, Cuba! Raul Castro though has promised to send any capitalist roaders caught listening to our seditious programming here on Hit Radio WOWW to internment camps to be re-educated for wrong think and then executed. So do be careful down there in Havana and environs. Before we get to the hits this Monday evening, here's a word from our sponsor:

Yes, Boner Billy's Famous Hot Dogs! Good for breakfast or just anytime.

Here now are the hits this Monday evening: